AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project

Started by Deathly_rYaN, Jan 30, 2015, 09:09:13 AM

Author
AvP2 Graphic Redux Mod - Upcoming Project (Read 35,458 times)

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Well the skin is done, and will be sent to Winde after I get out of work. Worked on the tail,jaw,claws.POV this morning to clear my head.

Also, the skin finally shows upon AI and not just multiplayer characters!

EDIT:

So I decided to move character skins to the bottom of the list to be worked on simply because they take too much time to focus on. The Alien skin took around maybe, 3 days just to complete the skin and make it detailed as possible.

Right now I am continuing the world textures, going through the campaign as I do them.

Need peoples opinion. How does this Hive texture look? I am still working on it, need to make it less sharpened.

Praetorian zeta

Looks very nice, it is very detailed. There is only one thing.
Is it possible, besides editing texture to make special effects like slime on walls in hive, metal shine, some water effects? Or bloom on human and predator weapons and on alien claws? It would make the game more realistic and modern.

Deathly_rYaN

I plan on making the hive texture have a slim look to it. But first I am trying to make it look consistent with the maps. Because the texture tends to be turned and expanded on the maps I'm trying to find a way to make it look consistent and not a huge mess right now.

Characters will be last to do. The Alien claws don't need to shine. The reason is I'm not going to add a shine effect is because the maps have dirt areas and having them look clean while they run ariuns would take away from the realistic standpoint.

Predator/Marine weapons may have a shine, but until I start those, I have no idea what I'm going to design them to look like.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

hey dude. when will it be released?

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: IXvPRIMUSvXI on May 24, 2016, 08:53:13 PM
hey dude. when will it be released?

I'm in no rush to finish this project at all. All I can really say is that it will take as long as it needs. Changing and detailing 1 texture doesn't take a few minutes or hours, it can take a day or two depending on what's going on in my life but also I'm trying to change and make it look good. Im taking my time on this, so don't get hopes up for a full release anytime. Plus there are hundreds of textures that need remastering.

But, everyone will soon be able to use them Alien Skin with the release of Wind Dry Dock map.

So the remastering of the Hive is going extremely well. I found the design of the hive texture I am going for.

Corporal Hicks

That looks absolutely gorgeous! I really can't wait to see more of this.

Deathly_rYaN

Is there a image size limit for wall textures? I changed the image size to 1024 and it didn't turn out well. Just made the texture bigger. I could just image size the texture again, copy and paste the time texture in and just work in the small square given of the original texture.

JP

Unlike skin textures the wall texture size is proportional to the texture resolution, i.e. if you have a texture that's originaly 512x512 and you change it to 1024x1024 then it will look twice as big ingame. There is a way around this which is to make the texture itlself like a small 8x8 grey square and then on the detail texture parameter you use the actual 1024x1024 texture. I dont remember the details correctly but it's done like that in this mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hqp-high-resolution-textures.

Deathly_rYaN

The Alien skin is finally released! Get it when you download Dm_Dry_Dock by windebieste!

x-M-x

Still don't get it why you wont release it separate ?

Maybe some people out there want the skin but not the map.

Give the players a choice man.

Nice skin tho (make more)

Lucifero

Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 04, 2016, 12:40:52 AM
Still don't get it why you wont release it separate ?

Maybe some people out there want the skin but not the map.

Give the players a choice man.

Nice skin tho (make more)

+1  release it separate skin and map.

can i have the same for source?

SrSpinelli

Man, I'm really looking forward to this, having new graphics in this awesome game
Just wish there would be a good SP Gameplay mod for it.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Nov 07, 2016, 09:04:38 PM
Man, I'm really looking forward to this, having new graphics in this awesome game
Just wish there would be a good SP Gameplay mod for it.
oh dear SrSpinelli having new graphics? ye maybe always been my dream but rest only a pipe dream.
anyway you may play this map on multiplayer.
it's  already  present inside the latest multiplayer pach (unofficial).
Regards the skin  perhaps be possible to see it through console command but im not sure .

Deathly_rYaN

Sorry for taking a long hiatus after what happened in 2016 and my laptop dying. But I just got a new laptop for Christmas. The issue that stands in my way is the lack of a disc drive. So I can't install AvP2 onto here and continue the project that I've been wanting to get back to. If anyone has any solutions, that would be appreciated.

KingKenny

There are several threads on here and other avp2 sites that show where you can download the game. Look up AvP2 All In One (AIO).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed