Started by predxeno, Apr 05, 2010, 03:48:03 AM

Who would win: AvP's Predator or Halo's Elite

Predator
69 (77.5%)
Elite
20 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
AvP's Predator vs. Halo's Elite (Read 66,013 times)

Raven

Raven

I always thought the elite was a Predator rip-off, what with the mandibles, cloak and armour, honour system etc. The original will always beat the clone.

The PredBen

In a species vs Species war. The Elite.

But one Predator vs. One Elite it could go either way. I'd say the Elite might win up close but the Predator could overtake it long ranged.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: The PredBen on Apr 08, 2010, 09:26:36 PM
In a species vs Species war. The Elite.

But one Predator vs. One Elite it could go either way. I'd say the Elite might win up close but the Predator could overtake it long ranged.
It would dominate a Predator from far range too.
Though we don't know the effectiveness of their Shields versus the Predator Plasma Caster, we can assume it would render near useless in comparison to the Elites far more advanced and military grade weaponry. They have PLASMA WEAPONZ AND LAZORZ!!! Which are FAR more powerful in comparison to the Predators more Traditional Weaponry.

Let's be honest here. Your talking about a Race that still uses traditional weaponry versus a race that has pretty much pioneered Plasma Technology. The Elites technology absolutely handsdown improves on the Predators in almost every way. The Shields they have will pretty much halve the potential any Predator Weapon could achieve.

Energy Sword > Blades or Spear
Fuel Rod Gun > Plasma Caster
Not to mention the many other weapons at their disposal.

HitmonTom

HitmonTom

Quote from: Raven on Apr 08, 2010, 08:45:12 PM
I always thought the elite was a Predator rip-off, what with the mandibles, cloak and armour, honour system etc. The original will always beat the clone.

The word ripoff gets thrown around a lot on this site.

The Elite is not a Predator ripoff. Maybe a nod to it, or loosely based on it. But not a ripoff.

spyrl

spyrl

I still think Yautja would have the advantage in a non face to face fight.
Both cloaked, thermal imaging visor would make the Elite still visible, while the Yautja would still be camouflaged to stratigize. This alone gives them advantage to use mines/disc/plasmacaster to distract and/or take down the Elite's energy shield for the kill. And if not for the energy shield, I'd say this fight (unless face to face) would be somewhat one-sided.
Also, the Elite's plasma weapons still have to be aimed, while a plasmacaster locks onto a target automatically.
You call Yautja weaponry "traditional", but it's only traditional for them. Far superior to us. And I don't really think Covenent weaponry is all that superior to theirs -just different. In fact, other than the energy sword, most of the Elite's arsenal isn't all that different from ours.
And perhaps the Yautja have kept their weapons "traditional" because they haven't really come across anything that can beat them (on a regular basis, that is).

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Quote from: spyrl on Apr 08, 2010, 11:44:20 PM
I still think Yautja would have the advantage in a non face to face fight.
I'm going to have to strongly disagree.
Both cloaked, thermal imaging visor would make the Elite still visible, while the Yautja would still be camouflaged to stratigize.
They evolved from a race of "predatory" hunters; they can smell, hear and see more effective than any human. I'd wager they could see an invisible Predator, especially when they use cloaking technology themselves. Either way, if they can create guns to fire concentrated energy and glass entire Planets,  they can create your average thermal visor.
This alone gives them advantage to use mines/disc/plasmacaster to distract and/or take down the Elite's energy shield for the kill. And if not for the energy shield, I'd say this fight (unless face to face) would be somewhat one-sided.
If a bullet that can fly at over 400 miles per second (that's in our present time, in the future it may of very well doubled for all we know) merely bounces off their shields, a disc won't do shit. Mines ain't even canon, so I don't know quite how effective they would be against their shields.
Also, the Elite's plasma weapons still have to be aimed, while a plasmacaster locks onto a target automatically.
Fair enough.
You call Yautja weaponry "traditional", but it's only traditional for them. Far superior to us. And I don't really think Covenent weaponry is all that superior to theirs -just different. In fact, other than the energy sword, most of the Elite's arsenal isn't all that different from ours.
Really? Where can I buy me a Plasma Grenade?
And perhaps the Yautja have kept their weapons "traditional" because they haven't really come across anything that can beat them (on a regular basis, that is).
Considering all we have seen them fight are Humans, and they still got killed, I really don't consider that a valid argument. Shot an Elite in the Predator movie, and I can guarantee every one would be dead (and the movie would suck.)

The PredBen

Predator weapons aren't " Super Advanced " they seem to be weapons you'd expect to see on Earth in the year 2060. The Elite's technology and weapons would be what you'd expect to see in the year 2500 on Earth.

Big Gap.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Predator.

More through the rule of cool than anything. Yeah, sure, the Elite has blahblahblahblah, but has an Elite skullf**ked an Alien Queen with a spear?

Rule.

Of.

Cool.

The PredBen

An elite would Laser - Sword a Queen. Possibly.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

But not with so much pure style.

Did you see Scar's hangtime? What a pro.

Aeus

Aeus

It was lame. Belonged in some piece of shit anime.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Predators using their superhuman agility to use gravity and momentum as support in an attack against a vastly more powerful and resilient foe?

Madness!

Aeus

Aeus

Essential question for all future Predators: Would Anytime do it?

Would he jump in the air spinning to stab some Alien in the head with a giant spear?

No.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 09, 2010, 02:14:03 AM
If a bullet that can fly at over 400 miles per second (that's in our present time, in the future it may of very well doubled for all we know) merely bounces off their shields, a disc won't do shit. Mines ain't even canon, so I don't know quite how effective they would be against their shields.

To be fair, the Wolf Predator in AVPR had laser traps, these looked a lot like the mines in Predator Concrete Jungle and in the new AVP game.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Aeus on Apr 09, 2010, 05:41:33 PM
Essential question for all future Predators: Would Anytime do it?

I beg to differ.

Too many sci-fi races are based on archetypes of behaviour that must be conformed to. Predators are a great example of where individuality can come out. Anytime seems to have favoured ranged weapons, stealth and terror tactics.

That certainly means other Predators can do the same, but just like human warriors, others might prefer a different approach.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed