Started by predxeno, Apr 05, 2010, 03:48:03 AM

Who would win: AvP's Predator or Halo's Elite

Predator
69 (77.5%)
Elite
20 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
AvP's Predator vs. Halo's Elite (Read 66,010 times)

predxeno

predxeno

My brother, a Halo fan is convinced that an elite from Halo (same species as The Arbiter) can beat a predator no problem?  I don't know, the elite does have an energy sword.  Any ideas?

Check the AvP's Aliens vs Halo's Flood thread as well.  My brother's convinced the Flood would kick the Aliens' ass as well.

cvetan

cvetan

I have no idea what an "Elite" is, but it would have to be pretty bad a$$ to beat a predator.

HitmonTom

HitmonTom

Brother sounds like a Halo fanboy. Predator takes this easily.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: cvetan on Apr 05, 2010, 03:52:59 AM
I have no idea what an "Elite" is, but it would have to be pretty bad a$$ to beat a predator.

An elite has many of the traits of a Predator.  They have an honor system, they can also cloak and have advanced technology.  The one thing that they have that I know of that the Predators don't is an enhanced sense of smell.

cvetan

cvetan

Predator still owns.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Predator seem to move much faster and have that tendency to climb trees and buildings. Strength wise, I'd say they're about the same. In the end, Pred kills the Elite.

spyrl

spyrl

I am definitely a fan of Yautja, and not so much one of Halo (though, I do admit the Elite are kinda' cool).
Either way, I'll try to be fair about this...

Strength-wise, the Elite have the advantage (they can flip a tank...)
Speed and fighting prowess may be about the same. Both seem to move as fast, and both species seem to have the same "life of training" culture. Though their fighting styles are very different.
Agility-wise, the advantage goes to Yautja. They can jump (and fall) much further, and move far more gracefully.
predxeno also makes a good point about the Elite having a heightened sense of smell. This could be a problem for a careless Hunter (Yautja have a strong musk). However, having hunted many different species of prey, one would hope the opposing Yautja would be accustomed to stalking downwind.
Both have a similar light-bending camoflage that renders them near invisible. Though Yautja tech has a standard issue thermal imaging visor that would make a stealth-minded Elite not as stealthy as he believes...
Comparing weaponry is something in itself, as Yautja tech is more designed for hunting, as Elite weaponry is better suited for more direct attacks. (with exceptions of course, Elites have sniper rifles, and Yauntja discs and plasmacasters can be used effectively close quarters)
The high fire rate of most of the Elites weapons can effectively give them the advantage, if they see the Yautja. But, plasmacasters can also lock-on to targets. And discs can be guided after thrown.
Each species choice of primary choice of melee weapons is also in the Elite's favor, as the lightsaberlike energy sword is more dangerous than metal wristblades -and also has more range.

Overall, this fight could go either way.
But, I'd say the advantage goes to the Yautja for hunting, and to the Elite in a face-to-face fight. (Far closer than the ridiculous Samus vs. Master Chief arguments...)

ScoobySnax

I voted Elite. In a melee fight, they are about even, (unless by AvP's Predators you meen the Hulk type ones) but in an armed conflict they would absolutely destroy the Predators. They have Rocket launchers that fire bouncing plasma blasts and other, far more military grade technology. They also have energy shields, which leads me to believe a Plasma Caster won't be so effective as many people would presume. Furthermore, Elites have Energy Swords and plasma grenades, things far more advanced than any Predator could throw in their path. They are just too advanced.

In an all out war the Elites would still win... only by a landslide. Have you seen their immense army? Heck, even if they did loose, they'd just glass the Predator's planet to ash. Though, there sense of honour is akin to Predators, so they probably wouldn't don that.

spyrl

spyrl

Ah. Forgot to mention the energy shields.
Yeah, that alone is a decent factor to consider.
And you are right about the weaponry,  ScoobySnax.
Like I said, it could go either way, but:
Hunting each other -Yautja
         Face to face -Elite

As for your scenario of army vs. army... I agree with you on that, too. As much as I prefer Yautja, the Elite have far more experience in that, and have developed their tech to better fit this purpose. And this is where I disagree with you. The Elite are not more advanced, they're just more specialized for combat. While the Yautja are more specialized in hunting.

Can you imagine the two species working together...?

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I think it's quite obvious the Elites are far more advanced:

On a side note, I've just remembered how big elites are:

Screw that, they don't stand a chance.

Though, we have yet to see all the Predator has to offer. If they have gigantic ships that can cloak, they have military grade weaponry as well.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 07, 2010, 06:12:44 PM
I think it's quite obvious the Elites are far more advanced:

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/xboxliveusers/halo/halo_wars/elite_with_sword.jpg
Screw that, they don't stand a chance.

Though, we have yet to see all the Predator has to offer. If they have gigantic ships that can cloak, they have military grade weaponry as well.
IMO It would be a more fair exciting fight than we have seen against aliens and humans...both races are incredibly agile, technologically advanced and very intelligent.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/xboxliveusers/halo/halo_wars/elite_with_sword.jpg
Come on, just look at that. The Predator isn't much bigger than that Human, so the Elite would pick it up no problem, shortly followed by that Blade cutting it in half.

The Predators are as good as dead.

spyrl

spyrl

Maybe some of them should be sent into a hive...
Though imagine the beast that would result if facehuggers got ahold of some of them.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

One big ass Alien.

...With blue bitch tits and ENERGY SWORDZ!!!

Yautja117

Yautja117

Quote from: ScoobySnax on Apr 08, 2010, 02:59:21 PM
Come on, just look at that. The Predator isn't much bigger than that Human, so the Elite would pick it up no problem, shortly followed by that Blade cutting it in half.

The Predators are as good as dead.
That pic is from a trailer. Elites range is size, yes, but that Elite is much heavier in build and hight then any normal one. Halo Wars didn't exactly nail that part of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed