Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 64,082 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah specifically the top row ones.

Protomorph

Protomorph

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Apr 09, 2021, 07:04:10 PM
https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37661/Aliens%3A+Fireteam/
"And Rating Summary
This is a third-person shooter in which players assume the role of a marine battling hordes of alien creatures in a futuristic setting. Players use pistols, machine guns, chain guns, and explosives to kill aliens and other beings (e.g., zombie-like creatures, synthetic androids) in frenetic combat. Aliens emit large amounts of mostly green blood when shot; explosive weapons cause enemies to break apart into chunks of flesh. Dead humans are found throughout the game, with their chest cavities burst open from a xenomorph (i.e., alien) emerging. During the course of the game, brief cutscenes are sometimes triggered when an alien kills a human character: aliens impaling soldiers with their spiked tails; soldiers stabbed in the face; humans getting grabbed and mauled by face-huggers—large amounts of blood spray accompany these close-up kills. The words "f*k," "sht," and "a*shole" appear in the dialogue."

Black goo zombies confirmed

Sounds ace  :laugh: ;D

David_4004

David_4004

I hope we can see an Ultramorph.

BlueMarsalis79

I mean tbh it's just a Neomorph before the concept change and a slight design change.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I get it from a commercial point of view that they have to implement a plethora of different kinds of Aliens, but it really cheapens the creature and makes the game feel unnecessarily arcade-like.

If I was in charge of this I would make the Runner, Burster, Spitter and Prowler use the same model as the Runner and have them all be named Runner. In this way the Runner cannon fodder unit will keep the player on her/his toes as one doesn't know how the randomly spawned Runner will behave and attack and how hard or easy it will be to kill.

It would make the game more interesting and less predictable as the players will have to be more cautious with each and every Runner they face as they don't know if it will explosively spray the area with acid blood when it dies, or if it's a pouncing ammo sink, or if prefers to spit acid at you from afar, or if it's just another tail-swiping zombie on speed.

Immortan Jonesy

The same Alien design but with different skills? Well that would make it more unpredictable indeed.  :laugh:

Quote from: David_4004 on Apr 12, 2021, 01:19:38 PM
I hope we can see an Ultramorph.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2-319x700.jpg

There were like 2 styles of Ultramorph: Giger's Alien one and the Neo-like beings.

I think both could coexist. One can be created by plagiarus praepotens / linesteres, and the other by the pathogen. Although the Deacon is more or less that. But the common denominator would be an Engineer host.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Apr 13, 2021, 08:09:09 PM
I get it from a commercial point of view that they have to implement a plethora of different kinds of Aliens, but it really cheapens the creature and makes the game feel unnecessarily arcade-like.

This is an aspect which makes me happy the most about the game.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: molasar on Apr 13, 2021, 08:39:25 PM

This is an aspect which makes me happy the most about the game.

...different strokes, I guess  :-\

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I don't have an issue with games being arcade like, especially if that's what they are going for.

If it's fun and entertaining then mission accomplished.

reecebomb

reecebomb

If I was in charge of this I would make the Runner, Burster, Spitter and Prowler use the same model as the Runner and have them all be named Runner. In this way the Runner cannon fodder unit will keep the player on her/his toes as one doesn't know how the randomly spawned Runner will behave and attack and how hard or easy it will be to kill.

It would make the game more interesting and less predictable as the players will have to be more cautious with each and every Runner they face as they don't know if it will explosively spray the area with acid blood when it dies, or if it's a pouncing ammo sink, or if prefers to spit acid at you from afar, or if it's just another tail-swiping zombie on speed.

Agreed, that would be the right way to handle it if it weren't a dumb arcade shooter. I'll still play it if the gameplay delivers.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

IF they were smart, they would actually make this happen. Game animations can be reused no doubt if they planned it. Thus they may not look alike, but they can be rigged to. Looking at the physique i dont think it would be much trouble making a runner stand on its hinds like the stalker, or the stalker walk on all fours, or the spitter to do the same. The red bull alien might have problems, but i certainly think its do able. If the only thing that is different about them is their behavoirs and animations, I think its possible for them to mix and match.

I'm hoping there is a compelling narrative to it all as well as interactions and set pieces, collectable items (not just shaders)- kind of like trophies in PHG.

Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 19, 2021, 07:19:40 PM

Agreed, that would be the right way to handle it if it weren't a dumb arcade shooter. I'll stay play it if the gameplay delivers.

BlueMarsalis79

I do not expect much of a narrative at all.

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 26, 2021, 10:18:38 PM
I do not expect much of a narrative at all.

This ^

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I try not to spoil games I will eventually play, but if its like most looter shooter games then you will not be saying much.  All the dialogue and story is usually from your command's expository dialogue.  I think this is to allow you to banter with your human comrades.

But that is not always the case, as the newer Ghost Recons have the characters and npcs talking constantly.

As long as there is enough story to link the events together in some way, it doesn't really matter to me. 

Gentleman Death

Now that I know what to expect from the game I have no expectations. Not in a bad way but with these type of shooters it's usually best for me to go into it without expecting much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed