New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,737 times)

Ultramorph

I agree. This scene sounds way, way too expensive to not include in the film.

locusta

locusta

Freaking love to see that scene now!

Kronnang_Dunn

"hundreds of years after David actions"... What the?  :o

SiL

SiL

Most likely them just not knowing what's going on.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 01, 2017, 09:21:51 PM
I agree. This scene sounds way, way too expensive to not include in the film.

Looking forward to seeing the scene but only reservation is I hope it doesn't further complicate the black goo's effects.

Hope David talks about the goo and sheds some light on what it is during the film. If it plays such a big role in xenomorph creation it should be presented as more than a mysterious catalyst or accelerant imo.

whiterabbit

The more I think about evil David standing on the Juggernaut's loading platform watching over his experimental carnage, the more I'm thinking Skynet with highlights and being more human than machine!

Scorpio

Scorpio

It gives David's comment "Sometimes to create, you must first destroy" so much more meaning now.  I think I'll have to watch Prometheus again after Covenant to see how they link up.

bunnyavpg

I would hazard a guess that the 'Engineers' on LV-223 were not direct descendants of the 'Creation Engineers' seen at the start of Prometheus but just another seeded race. That would explain their different technology (the Juggernaut vs the Flying Saucer and the biomechanical vs the simple robes) as well as their motivation (one creates the other destroys). When David is talking about the human race he means every race created by the Engineers.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: bunnyavpg on Apr 02, 2017, 02:46:41 AM
I would hazard a guess that the 'Engineers' on LV-223 were not direct descendants of the 'Creation Engineers' seen at the start of Prometheus but just another seeded race. That would explain their different technology (the Juggernaut vs the Flying Saucer and the biomechanical vs the simple robes) as well as their motivation (one creates the other destroys). When David is talking about the human race he means every race created by the Engineers.

Those could just be different factions of Engineers, the styles being due to different cultures.

Like how a Shaolin Monk wears robes while you likely wear something a bit more tighter.

Their different motivations are due to different agendas, one faction seeks to create while another destroys.

The Juggernaut and the Flying Saucer are basically different classes of Engineer ships built for different purposes. Like the Nostromo and the Sulaco are for humans.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Maybe the last engineer in Prometheus was like an android, hence why it had a biomech getup going on.

SpeedyMaxx

They're the Engineers. David kills them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed