Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,729 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I didn't know he was offered AR, but I dig his style.  To me, 28 Days Later and Sunshine are proof that he can do Alien.

The only question is whether or not Cillian Murphy gets cast.  :P

The Cruentus

Cillian Murphy would have made a great Dorian Sudler, he basically has the same description, black hair, icy blue eyes and roughly the same build.

The Old One

The Old One

Cillian Murphy is too beautiful to be evil, even as Scarecrow lol.

Local Trouble

Hiroyuki Sanada could be Mr. Yutani.

The Cruentus

But he is really chilling when he is evil.  :laugh: Scarecrow, Jack Rippner. Cillian is a great actor.

I think that would be a good choice for Mr. Yutani. I think he was recently in Westworld.

Whiskeybrewer

Vrastal

I hope this doesnt stop games or books too. While i have always been an advocate for fresh new characters and story this is just depressing.

I would hate any possibility of future games to be ruined becuase of disney

Magegg

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 17, 2018, 02:56:07 AMI assume he is probably reffering to star wars or those super heroes movies.
Because Daredevil/Elektra and Ghost Rider movies, and the Star Wars prequels were masterpieces, I guess?

Perfect-Organism

Actually the ratio of hits to misses as per marvel / Disney is unprecedented in history.  Daredevil , Electra, were exceptions to the rule...

Magegg

Denton Smalls

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 17, 2018, 09:01:26 AM
Cillian Murphy would have made a great Dorian Sudler, he basically has the same description, black hair, icy blue eyes and roughly the same build.

DUDE! I thought the same thing while reading Cold Forge. He could pull it off.

Perfect-Organism

Ha ha!  Totally he could do it..

Magegg

I don't think movie studios care about fulfilling the physical description of a character from a novel practically no one read  ::)

426Buddy

Quote from: Magegg on Aug 17, 2018, 03:26:54 PM
I don't think movie studios care about fulfilling the physical description of a character from a novel practically no one read  ::)

Debbie downer

Huggs

Huggs

I've mentioned Murphy before, especially during the release of Cold forge. He's played the role of "bad guy" (in my head) for most of the Alien novels and unused scripts I've ever read. But Sudler was the best character I could ever hope to see him play in the franchise. If we never get to see him as the dirty "suit" in an alien movie, it will be a tragedy. But no matter what Alien literature I read, he'll always be the bad guy. And, as far as I'm concerned, he always has.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed