Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 134,168 times)

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: John Doe on Apr 21, 2017, 11:09:40 AM
I love the new practical chestburster, but i think we will miss the classsic "snake" version.
Same, hopefully this doesn't mean that we'll never be seeing the classic burster again.

lv_226

I think this is where I get off... they are showing too much!

Infected

I think David arrives luckily at the same time as that scorpion ship, they gather for some reason and David catches his opportunity.

And we will be left with the question, why did they gather and who was piloting that craft and what was its reason for hanging there vertically.

Enoch

Quote from: Infected on Apr 21, 2017, 01:34:37 PM
I think David arrives luckily at the same time as that scorpion ship, they gather for some reason and David catches his opportunity.

And we will be left with the question, why did they gather and who was piloting that craft and what was its reason for hanging there vertically.

Very possibe. Its quite obvious they prepared for some kind of ceremony.

lv_226

We are less than a month away from finding out!

Remember how in Prometheus the Engineer ship at the beginning took off vertically? I wonder if that is the case here as well—that it was in the process of leaving?

St_Eddie

As others have said, the neomorph design is very generic.  Monsters such as that are ten a penny in movies and videogames.  The first thing I thought of when seeing it, was the creature from the 1999 remake of 'House on Haunted Hill' (itself an unused design by Dick Smith for 1981's 'Ghost Story')...

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Maybe they're escaping because they know what is coming. It's possible they know what happened on LV-223 and that there is a threat (David) coming there way. They're evacuating.

Or they're there to welcome the Juggernaut and the Scorpion ship is what the reports said, a dock.

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 21, 2017, 01:49:37 PM
As others have said, the neomorph design is very generic.  Monsters such as that are ten a penny in movies and videogames.  The first thing I thought of when seeing it, was the creature from the 1999 remake of 'House on Haunted Hill' (itself an unused design by Dick Smith for 1981's 'Ghost Story')...

http://i.imgur.com/vUVJLlv.jpg

Everything is generic these days, it's the details that matter. Being generic isn't inherently bad, it leads to perfection when done right. Like this...

lv_226

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 21, 2017, 01:51:25 PM
Maybe they're escaping because they know what is coming. It's possible they know what happened on LV-223 and that there is a threat (David) coming there way. They're evacuating.

Or they're there to welcome the Juggernaut and the Scorpion ship is what the reports said, a dock.
Probably this.

Scorpio

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Apr 21, 2017, 01:29:19 PM
Quote from: John Doe on Apr 21, 2017, 11:09:40 AM
I love the new practical chestburster, but i think we will miss the classsic "snake" version.
Same, hopefully this doesn't mean that we'll never be seeing the classic burster again.

The classic burster just looks like a snake or a worm with teeth, not very scary or original.  The special effect of it moving across the table is almost comical.  The bambi burster from Alien 3 and the deacon look great, though.

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 21, 2017, 01:49:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/vUVJLlv.jpg

The Neomorph looks way better than that, particularly the body.  I understand what you mean by the face, though.  Still like the design and the special effects from what we've seen (aside from that one shot).

ChrisPachi

lv_226

I'm not keen on the forward shot of the neomorph going in for the attack. I need to see the final film in order to be convinced of its necessity. If its mouth moves like the deacon's did, then it would be pretty cool.

I like how the neomorph's design is a direct reference to the unused creature design in Prometheus:

lv_226

Infected

Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 21, 2017, 01:39:33 PM

We are less than a month away from finding out!

Remember how in Prometheus the Engineer ship at the beginning took off vertically? I wonder if that is the case here as well—that it was in the process of leaving?
Its taking so f**kin long.

Yeah but that was a disc shaped saucer type ship, its possible it was leaving, maybe the real jockey came to harvest their precious young engineer baby's, like Rick Grimes camp does for Neegan and every once in a while they come to collect thangs and stuff.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Apr 21, 2017, 01:58:58 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 21, 2017, 01:28:46 PMThey're Engineers.

Except for the dude in the hat.

http://www.coinbox.com.au/forty/nup2.jpg

That's damn stupid. Oy.

And yeah - House on Haunted Hill is just one of the low-budget horror flicks that used the similar face design over the last 20 years. It became old hat. I really don't think it looks good on the grown neomorph from the front. The side view is excellent, so we'll see how it looks onscreen when fully captured.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed