Alien returns to UK cinemas for 40th anniversary celebration screenings

Started by Ingwar, Jan 08, 2019, 09:00:07 PM

Author
Alien returns to UK cinemas for 40th anniversary celebration screenings (Read 19,964 times)

Corporal Hicks

Ordered my tickets for a showing on Friday 1st.  ;D

dave1978

Im off to my local Vue cinema in Ellesmere Port with a couple of mates on Friday,  cant wait.  The chance to see Alien on the big screen is not to be missed.  Really hope they do this with Aliens aswell.

Kradan

I would pay any money i have to watch Alien on big screen but i doubt that our Ukranian guys will bother to organise anniversary viewing  :'(

The Old One

The Old One

Booked!

drsmuts

Tickets booked for Friday night. Never seen it on the big screen so this will be a real treat.

Rankles75

Quote from: drsmuts on Feb 27, 2019, 10:51:36 AM
Tickets booked for Friday night. Never seen it on the big screen so this will be a real treat.

Can't beat seeing it on the big screen! I managed to see Alien and Aliens back to back on Alien Day a few years back. Awesome experience, even if the people sitting next to me were annoying.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Happy 40th Anniversary Alien!

Ingwar

Corporal Hicks

drsmuts

Just got back. Good to see it on the big screen....well sort of as it wasn't the biggest one at the venue and cant help thinking that the image was a bit out of focus at times.

Kimo

Just got back from seeing it. I'm buzzing I finally got to see the first Alien film on the big screen. Btw it was the Theatrical cut of Alien. Also it looked great on the big screen and the sound was great as well. I know Alien 40th anniversary is only a limited showing, but was surprisingly shocked that the cinema I went to was packed out to the max, every seat was more or less taking other then afew priority seats for wheelchairs. Just go's to show that a 40 year old film can still out sell Alien Covenant on its first showing.. Basically when I went to see Covenant on the first showing at the same cinema, Covenant was only quarter full.

One more thing that's great, is how dazzling and blinding the strobe light effects are when Ripley escapes the Nostromo. 

SiL

Quote from: drsmuts on Mar 01, 2019, 10:15:21 PM
Just got back. Good to see it on the big screen....well sort of as it wasn't the biggest one at the venue and cant help thinking that the image was a bit out of focus at times.
There are parts of the film, particularly towards the end, that are out of focus. Ridley mentions they were rushing.

Kimo

I did notice that especially when they are all talking after Dallas gets taken, Ripley's eyes were slightly out of focus but I think it was due to how the death of field was shot in the original print. But the 20th century fox logo and Alien title screen was pretty noisy. however the rest of the film looked fine to me. One thing that does stand out more especially in the big screen is when Kane trips in to the egg pit and he's foot kicks an egg.

Ingwar

Quote from: Kimo on Mar 01, 2019, 10:16:44 PM
One more thing that's great, is how dazzling and blinding the strobe light effects are when Ripley escapes the Nostromo.

Yeah, I just came back from cinema and you're right. Those light effects were amazing. My screen was fully packed. I regret it wasn't director's cut but well, still enjoyed it.

drsmuts

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2019, 10:19:46 PM
There are parts of the film, particularly towards the end, that are out of focus. Ridley mentions they were rushing.

Yeah I suppose it isn't really noticable on home Blu Ray. Still enjoyed it though. Screening I went to though at 7pm was pretty empty. Expected a lot more punters to be honest, especially as there isn't much out at the moment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed