New Footage Shown at CinemaCon!

Started by Anthony, Mar 30, 2017, 06:10:52 PM

Author
New Footage Shown at CinemaCon! (Read 48,752 times)

laborer983

laborer983

In order to create  one must first destroy

laborer

laborer

So where is Shaw while this is happening? She would probably be against David's Mass killing right?!

Rudiger

Rudiger

Can't say I'm overly excited.

For me, two of the greatest things about Alien were the alien itself (and the way it was shot), and the whole mystery surrounding the space jockey and all those damn eggs. Both were so "other worldly"...apart from the final man-in-suit shot. I'm finding that the more things are explained, the less interesting they have become.

After Aliens, the law of diminishing returns most definitely applies. Cameron delivered the perfect sequel, and I wish it had ended there. Nothing since has been anywhere near as good, IMHO of course.

Oh well.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Mar 31, 2017, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 31, 2017, 01:22:58 PM
Oh crikey this is exciting. Taps right into the whole religious theme that began with Prometheus, but not in the sucky way I'd feared.

And it adds some serious context to the word 'Covenant', too.

Spoiler

Much like the Biblical myth of the flood, David destroys the engineers in a deluge. But instead of a rain of water, it's a rain of black goo. And instead of God setting his rainbow arch in the sky as a sign, we've got the crescent-shaped Juggernaut.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed... they are a dying species, grasping for resurrection."

I'll just add that to the mountain of blatant Space Jesus references...
[close]

Looks like such a cheap cop-out!

I mean David simply bombs them for what? It was clear by the end of Prometheus that Shaw wanted to know the 'why' answer. She went to learn more. Not to kill the Engineers. And why would David want to kill the Engineers, if it was his sole decision? He is least bothered to save humans on Earth. He was curious robot and wanted to learn and understand the Engineers universe. He was enjoying so much in exploring the juggernaut, hologram recordings, understanding and decoding their language etc. Why would he want to destroy them and all and choose to live alone just to create demons out of the black goo? All alone!

It's way out of the characters of David and Shaw. Can't digest it!

How is this out of character for David? While he demonstrated admiration for the Engineer tech he seemed to have a degree of contempt for both the Engineers and humanity.

Quote from: Rudiger on Mar 31, 2017, 02:56:03 PM

For me, two of the greatest things about Alien were the alien itself (and the way it was shot), and the whole mystery surrounding the space jockey and all those damn eggs. Both were so "other worldly"...apart from the final man-in-suit shot. I'm finding that the more things are explained, the less interesting they have become.

After Aliens, the law of diminishing returns most definitely applies. Cameron delivered the perfect sequel, and I wish it had ended there. Nothing since has been anywhere near as good, IMHO of course.

Oh well.

So, you don't want any answers or just don't like the answers we're getting?

salomonj

salomonj

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 31, 2017, 01:15:48 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2017, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 31, 2017, 12:09:55 PM
Then I'm hoping Paradise is just one of their sacred worlds,

I'm hoping Ridley kicks the bucket before he makes another of these films.

..and maybe someone at Fox can
give this franchise back to Walter Hill and Giler.

Let me guess... IMDB right??
Woah woah woah...Not everyone from IMDB is a f**king asshole. Ive been a longtime member of IMDB

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 31, 2017, 03:41:56 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 31, 2017, 01:15:48 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Mar 31, 2017, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 31, 2017, 12:09:55 PM
Then I'm hoping Paradise is just one of their sacred worlds,

I'm hoping Ridley kicks the bucket before he makes another of these films.

..and maybe someone at Fox can
give this franchise back to Walter Hill and Giler.

Let me guess... IMDB right??
Woah woah woah...Not everyone from IMDB is a f**king asshole. Ive been a longtime member of IMDB
'

I know that. ;) :)

Corporal Hicks

So this wasn't actually a trailer. It was con exclusive footage.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: laborer on Mar 31, 2017, 02:46:11 PM
So where is Shaw while this is happening? She would probably be against David's Mass killing right?!
If I remember correctly, one of the leaks said
Spoiler
David puts Shaw in cryosleep before killing the engineers.
[close]

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2017, 03:51:52 PM
So this wasn't actually a trailer. It was con exclusive footage.
What have your sources said??

Corporal Hicks

Convention exclusive footage. Won't see official release.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 31, 2017, 04:01:59 PM
Figures. But at least we are not far off from release day.

A little more of a descriptive account.

Spoiler
QuoteThe footage opened with a bunch of ships hovering over a civilization of humanoid people that looked a little like the tall white dudes from Prometheus, but not quite so far out. Think somewhere between them and normal people. David opens a large cargo door on the familiar derelict Alien ship thing and unleashes a ton of those proto Alien egg canister things, which pop on the descent, covering the people with black ash. This makes them all kind of melt into blackish goo as they claw over themselves trying to escape.

David watches, tears in his eyes. My guess is that he wanted this to be the birth of his new species but it didn't quite work.

Over this is footage of the "couples" crew we've seen from the trailer out to find a new world to colonize. Most of this footage was what we've seen in the trailer, but there were a couple of quick gore shots (someone gets hit in the mouth by one of the small xenomorphs and it takes off their jaw, for instance), but mostly it was the same stuff you've seen.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/77536
[close]

locusta

locusta

You mean it won´t be included in the theatrical cut?

shawsbaby

Quote from: locusta on Mar 31, 2017, 04:16:21 PM

You mean it won´t be included in the theatrical cut?

I think he means it won't be released as promotional material prior to the film's release. Screening this scene and then leaving it out of the film wouldn't make sense at this point.

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 31, 2017, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Mar 31, 2017, 01:41:07 PM
Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 31, 2017, 01:22:58 PM
Oh crikey this is exciting. Taps right into the whole religious theme that began with Prometheus, but not in the sucky way I'd feared.

And it adds some serious context to the word 'Covenant', too.

Spoiler

Much like the Biblical myth of the flood, David destroys the engineers in a deluge. But instead of a rain of water, it's a rain of black goo. And instead of God setting his rainbow arch in the sky as a sign, we've got the crescent-shaped Juggernaut.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed... they are a dying species, grasping for resurrection."

I'll just add that to the mountain of blatant Space Jesus references...
[close]

Looks like such a cheap cop-out!

I mean David simply bombs them for what? It was clear by the end of Prometheus that Shaw wanted to know the 'why' answer. She went to learn more. Not to kill the Engineers. And why would David want to kill the Engineers, if it was his sole decision? He is least bothered to save humans on Earth. He was curious robot and wanted to learn and understand the Engineers universe. He was enjoying so much in exploring the juggernaut, hologram recordings, understanding and decoding their language etc. Why would he want to destroy them and all and choose to live alone just to create demons out of the black goo? All alone!

It's way out of the characters of David and Shaw. Can't digest it!

How is this out of character for David? While he demonstrated admiration for the Engineer tech he seemed to have a degree of contempt for both the Engineers and humanity.

Quote from: Rudiger on Mar 31, 2017, 02:56:03 PM

Oh well.

So, you don't want any answers or just don't like the answers we're getting?

Oh really?

What makes you think he had a degree of contempt towards both humans and the engineers?

Just because he experimented on Holloway who always acted as a disrespectful dick to David or just because one mad engineer ripped his head off?

Does that make David simply blow off the whole engineer civilization without even exchanging a dialog with them?

chris_bert

Well...there's always hope that if...

Spoiler
it turns out that David was able to use the black goo and find some type of recipe to re-create the xenomorph as a weapon
[close]

...then maybe we'll get some type of crossover once Ridley's done with the final film where a director produces a movie like "Avengers Versus Xenomorphs" where Tony Stark really doesn't want to help the Avengers kill all of the xenomorphs on Earth to wipe out mankind because he wants to use their DNA to create his own weapon to sell to the highest-paying bad guy or evil government group and the rest of the Avengers have to help him find his moral compass and force him to do what's right, etc. I would probably pay good money to see this at the theater. Remember you heard it here first folks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed