There is no Alien: Awakening script

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Nov 15, 2018, 10:18:55 PM

Author
There is no Alien: Awakening script (Read 20,188 times)

El Pistolero

El Pistolero

The Descent was terrifying. An Alien Movie like that would be great. He is also a fan of the classic action movies like Escape from NY. https://trailersfromhell.com/gurus/marshall-neil/ And he uses also as much practical effects as possible. His best movies are written by himself. I think he would be the right one. But he is also very busy with other projects. He did one of the greatest episodes in Game of Thrones and is also on Westworld and the Hellboy Reboot. I think he wouldn't come for his own with an alien pitch at the moment. But I hope he will at the right time.

Another thing is, when I liston to all the podcasts with all that moviemakers. Alien is one of the movies that made some of them. Let some years pass and I think there will be one director coming up with a great idea for a new movie. Well ok, I hope it is not Shane Black then ;)

But I also think Ridley Scott should do a lst movie of his origin story line. But the studio should tell him: "This is your budget, that should be the last movie with a right ending, and don't touch the f**king derelict ship from alien!" At the moment I feel a bit uncomfortable with the ending of covenant. It is open and I want to know where it goes next.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: El Pistolero on Nov 24, 2018, 08:25:17 AM
The Descent was terrifying. An Alien Movie like that would be great. He is also a fan of the classic action movies like Escape from LA Escape from New York.

I fixed it for you.

Sadly, "Classic" and "Escape from LA" will never go together.  :'(

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 16, 2018, 05:48:51 PM
Quote from: Saggit on Nov 16, 2018, 09:05:32 AM
I've said it many times and will say it again: FOX! Take the franchise away from Scott! Let him create his AI stuff but as a separate thing from ALIEN.

He's already doing his "AI stuff" as "a separate thing" in the form of a new television series for TNT called Raised by Wolves. In fact, I'm pretty sure a lot of his ideas for Covenant II will find their way into his new show.

Quote from: necrotard on Nov 16, 2018, 04:04:00 PM
Before the poor box office of Covenant, they sounded so ready to start rolling on the next movie a few months later.  I can't imagine a script wasn't already in the works if they planned to shoot the next one so soon.

From what I've gleaned, certain Covenant props were put into storage in Sydney after they wrapped filming. However, a report later (Hicks can you confirm?) surfaced saying those props were destroyed after Covenant's disappointing box office results. I also suspect Scott's agreement with the Aussie government was originally for a three-film deal.

Things that were copyright fakes were destroyed such as the Bugatti Throne chair. All of David's Lab went into storage, that was supervised by Adam Johansen at ODD Studio. But that may have been for the re-creation of the set for a convention. As for other props, I don't have any info.

Corporal Hicks

Bit of an FYI since I know it caused some confusion and I certainly wasn't sure but I was able to confirm recently that Awakening was the title for Covenant 2.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2018, 08:39:56 PM
Bit of an FYI since I know it caused some confusion and I certainly wasn't sure but I was able to confirm recently that Awakening was the title for Covenant 2.

If they picked a title, I'm guessing they already had a story concept that lead to that title.

toro

toro

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 28, 2018, 08:39:56 PM

thanks, did you find out any other details?

Highland

Quote from: toro on Nov 23, 2018, 11:19:36 PM
i feel like a neil marshall alien would be scary and fun - dog solders, the descent - but not transcending like denis villeneuve or alex garland's would be

Dog Soldiers is amazing, but that kinda is his Alien movie. It would be weird having him make a tribute to Aliens, then get to actually make an Alien movie. We'd either be sitting there saying - " this is just Dog Soldiers with Aliens" or "This is just a copy of Dog Soldiers which was a Copy of Aliens"

In some kinda weird loop.

El Pistolero

Dog Soldiers is an enjoyable movie, but I think more like The Descent as an Alien Movie. Not too much action, very dark and claustrophobic environment and a great cast of females. That is something I wish for an alien movie. I want to be afraid of that creatures and I don't want to see them as canon fodder again.

Nukiemorph

I noticed that the IMDb page for Covenant 2 has been taken down.

Huge bummer.

The Old One

The Old One

No Prometheus 2
No Alien Covenant 2.

Doesn't necessarily mean we won't get a final Prequel.

Evanus

Evanus

I don't think a IMDB page means much anyway. At least I hope so..

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 18, 2019, 05:08:28 PM

Huge bummer.

No te asustes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 18, 2019, 05:08:28 PM

Huge bummer.

Blomkamp's Alien IMDb page has also been taken down. Probably just IMDb cleaning up stuff that ain't going anywhere.

BoltThrower

BoltThrower

I hate to be a downer, but it's hard not to see the writing on the wall here. Between Covenant, The Predator, The fate of Isolation 2, the Disney-Fox merger, and the complete lack of any script or studio news, the future of both franchises looks grim. It really might be over, folks. I'd actually bet on it.

SiL

SiL

You're being melodramatic. The "fate" of Isolation 2 was sealed when the first one didn't sell well enough. Movies not being well-received hasn't killed the franchises -- not in 1990, 1992, 1997, 2004, or 2007.

Worst case scenario we get another long gap between movies and make do with EU and merchandise. The franchises aren't dying any time soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed