NEW Ridley Scott talkes Prometheus (Empire Article)

Started by Gazz, Dec 16, 2011, 12:50:10 PM

Author
NEW Ridley Scott talkes Prometheus (Empire Article) (Read 22,408 times)

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 16, 2011, 09:03:26 PM
Yeah, and so?  I know what you are referring to, and those are still some shady interpretations.  They aren't eggs, as far as I'm concerned.  They look like they're made of rock.

Yeah an so apparently it's a rock with a couple vaginas on top then lol

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Dec 16, 2011, 08:45:57 PM
I should have clarified the egg was not from the trailer... it was from one of the production stills they released that was enhanced for clarity.

I know what you're referring to and there's still nothing 'that's-definitely-an-egg' about it. A lot of people also claim they're just as sure it's a dead Space Jockey head, too. Others think it's an unconscious astronaut.

Besides which, it wouldn't make sense for a single, solitary Alien egg to be randomly situated in a room full of metal urns.

Personally, I think we should wait and see.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 17, 2011, 02:29:33 AM
Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Dec 16, 2011, 08:45:57 PM
I should have clarified the egg was not from the trailer... it was from one of the production stills they released that was enhanced for clarity.

I know what you're referring to and there's still nothing 'that's-definitely-an-egg' about it. A lot of people also claim they're just as sure it's a dead Space Jockey head, too. Others think it's an unconscious astronaut.

Besides which, it wouldn't make sense for a single, solitary Alien egg to be randomly situated in a room full of metal urns.

Personally, I think we should wait and see.

If you are talking about the thing they are shining their light on then no thats not the picture I saw... I'm with you on that, I have no idea what that is... it does seem to round to be the head...

Ash 937

With all of this talk about Prometheus deviating from the original Alien formula,  I can't help buy feel a little more regretful that Vincent Ward wasn't allowed to do what he wanted with his wooden planet story for Alien3.  I feel like Scott is really going to develop this universe with both religious and mythological symbolism that, while different from Ward's vision, could've served to compliment each other by expanding our scope of this universe in their own way. 

Monks in Alien3 would served as an interesting counterpoint to Ridley's new origin-of-man story.

I think that doing something like is only made possible by FOX because Ridley is behind it and he has a lot of push to do his own thing under the trust of the suits.  Ward, on the other hand, was essentially a non-name to them and therefore was both restricted and fired for deviating from the formula too much.

Just a thought.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Not a big fan of the religious/epic take on the Alien universe. I like it cold, harsh, dark and sober and oh so hostile to us humans; we were never meant to leave Earth since we don't belong out there in that endless godless void. I want nihilism god damn it!

Gash

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 17, 2011, 05:36:56 PM
Not a big fan of the religious/epic take on the Alien universe. I like it cold, harsh, dark and sober and oh so hostile to us humans; we were never meant to leave Earth since we don't belong out there in that endless godless void. I want nihilism god damn it!

I suspect it's using religion only as a way of referencing it's part in human history. Even confirmed atheists like me have to accept the impact of religion on the development of the world - good and bad. Elizabeth Shaw apparently sets off as a scientist/archeologist with faith but then has to re-evaluate what it all means. I'm sure there will be nastiness and nihilism aplenty.

zuzuki

Quote from: Gash on Dec 17, 2011, 05:42:20 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 17, 2011, 05:36:56 PM

I suspect it's using religion only as a way of referencing it's part in human history. Even confirmed atheists like me have to accept the impact of religion on the development of the world - good and bad. Elizabeth Shaw apparently sets off as a scientist/archeologist with faith but then has to re-evaluate what it all means. I'm sure there will be nastiness and nihilism aplenty.

the whole god versus science,faith versus science is all lindelof.i liked it in lost,he defended it pretty good,but i don't want it again in this movie. probably this was his part in the writing process. take the dark themed script spaihts did based on ridleys concept,and polish it to be more friendly,more accesible to the general audience with a pleasing story. i'm not saying the movie won't be dark,or be campy,but it was probably toned down a bit

SpreadEagleBeagle

I know, I know...

What I really don't like is the "epic" part. Epic doesn't fit Alien, at least not in the universe settled in the movies.

And btw. the more I look at that humongous white dude's face the more it bothers me...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed