So, Anyone interested in seeing AVP 2010 BC on Xbox One?

Started by AMITY_PREDATOR, Feb 19, 2018, 10:24:10 PM

Author
So, Anyone interested in seeing AVP 2010 BC on Xbox One? (Read 36,305 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You should just go ahead and post this as breaking news now.  I still can't launch it, but it's only a matter of time.

Corporal Hicks

Nah, I'm going to wait until it's confirmed as up and working. Hopefully wont be too long.

Local Trouble

Well, I can confirm that it's installable on the X1.

Corporal Hicks

I've never played BWC games on the Xbone. How does it work? Did you have to put your old disc in and it's prompts you for a DL?

RidgeTop

It works very well.

Recently added backwards compatible titles are re-offered digitally, at the top of the list (which will prompt new sales), for both Xbox 360 and original Xbox. Also, with a growing number of titles there are emulation based graphical enhancements in resolution and performance.

If you already own an original Xbox or Xbox 360 disc for a title that is added, those will also now work with your XBO.

Corporal Hicks

So you can just straight up purchase it on the Xbox Marketplace if you don't own an older copy?

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2018, 11:20:11 AM
So you can just straight up purchase it on the Xbox Marketplace if you don't own an older copy?

Yes. You should really check it out next time you're on XBL, there's a whole backwards compatible section. Been loving the nostalgia injection of playing original Xbox games like Knights of the Old Republic and SSX 3 with the new Hyperkin Duke controller.

Spoiler
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 03, 2018, 11:17:04 AM
It works very well.

Better than very well.  All of my backwards compatible 360 games have, at the very least, a smoother frame rate on the X1.  Some are enhanced even more for the Xbox One X (which is what I have).

I wish every 360 game I owned was playable on the X1 so I could experience them without the hardware limitations of their original platform.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2018, 11:20:11 AM

If you're lucky, it'll be on sale (or free) soon.  Do you have Xbox Live Gold?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/deals-with-gold

The deals change every Tuesday.

Corporal Hicks

I just tried at home and no dice for me. Can't even see it in the marketplace.

DerelictShip

I knew I shouldn't have gotten a PS4...

Stitch

Well, if it's given away next month as GWG, that'll be awesome. My copy is for PS3, though... Bah.

RidgeTop

I wonder if they're going to time it for November around the home release for The Predator.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 03, 2018, 06:52:48 PM
Well, if it's given away next month as GWG, that'll be awesome.

That's the best thing that could happen for AvP's multiplayer community.  It would instantly have thousands of new players getting into it for the first time.

Corporal Hicks

You think it would really bump that high?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If it's a free download, everyone with Xbox Live Gold will get it.   That goes for every Xbox Live Gold subscriber with either a 360 and/or an X1.  That's a lot of people.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2016/01/28/xbox-live-reaches-record-with-48-million-active-subscribers/#b0d663f26e79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed