Interview With Alan Dean Foster & Alien: Covenant Novel Discussion - AvPGalaxy Podcast #51

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2017, 08:58:03 AM

Author
Interview With Alan Dean Foster & Alien: Covenant Novel Discussion - AvPGalaxy Podcast #51 (Read 16,007 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tleilaxu on Jul 03, 2017, 01:12:24 AMYes, they could've shown a short scene where somebody scans the atmosphere and says "looks safe to me", but honestly you could also just use your imagination for that.

It's not so much the atmosphere, but the potential presence of harmful microbes/bacteria in it.

SM

Which would've come up negative anyway.

HuDaFuK

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 01, 2017, 06:04:04 PM
Great interview. But Hicks... you need to be louder! I had to ride the volume the whole way through, which is why I never listen to podcasts (I only made this exception because of ADF).

But again, great interview!  :)

Thanks for the feedback, Clemens. It's something I know is a bit of an issue and I try to manage. Still working on it.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 03, 2017, 12:30:45 PM
The crew didn't know that.

Perhaps.  Or maybe it was unimportant in terms of keeping things moving.  It's mindboggling to me that people get so hung up on 'WHY NO SPACE SUITS?!?!' as if they need to be told they checked the air and just opened the hatch without knowing.

They actually check the atmosphere in Prometheus and people moan about that too.  Can't win.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 03, 2017, 08:16:31 PMOr maybe it was unimportant in terms of keeping things moving.

I get that, just playing devil's advocate.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Really enjoyed this podcast last night. Great dialogue and Q&A with Corp. Hicks, Chevvie (I'm good by the way how are you?) & Alan Dean Foster. Superstar questions asked by Hicks to Foster. Great stuff. You guys were pretty right on everything, was beginning to think I was the only one seeing Covenant's rights & wrongs. Blu Ray coming soon maybe if viewed a 2nd time it will be liked more. I need to get past that clumsy use of CGI.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed