Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 676,162 times)

Firetnk

Firetnk

I personally like AVP better then AVPR.
I like AVP because I love the first fight scene with the The "Celtic" Predator while many Predator fans were not very happy with the fact that the Alien killed both Predators. The fight scene  with the Queen and Scar was really cool. The effects were amazing. I liked the characters. Things that annoyed me was the chestburster's came out really fast, I wanted the movie in the future, I wish it had more Predators & I wish the Mercenaries killed something and that there were a few more survivors. The only thing this movie messed up was no one has ever encountered an Alien before, raised questions whether or not Bishop in Alien 3 is human or not . Small things that made fans mad, but did not bother me are the Predators look more bulky, Their vision is changed, No blood & the predator could see the Queen without it's mask. Also People thought the Predator face looked bad. The Predator face is the worst one without a doubt of all the films but I did like the masks. While Many others hate this film with a passion I like it a lot & cameron liked it too. ;D

Spoilers below incase you have not yet seen the movie.
AVPR I like the movie but I did not like it as much as I wanted to. The movie was very chopped up. I think they tried to hard to cram everything together. You meet one character he/she is dead. All the characters are not intresting at all except the wolf. But I would like to have had a good human character. The story was not very good, it seems like they just played Resident Evil 3 and took that story just survive before the town is nuked. The music in this movie was good it felt like Predator music and ALIEN R. The 2 good fight scenes were the National Guard & the sewer. But of course the National Guard get killed fast :'( and the Teenagers survive >:(. I wanted to see who would win the Predator or Pred Alien but instead they get nuked, all the fight scens were not that long either. I hated the fact that the Pred Alien could impregnate it's hosts and have 4 chestbursters come out  >:(. Just stay with the Queen. Wish there were more predators in this film as well. This movie felt more like a Predator 3 then an Alien film. Do to so much of the predator killing countles Aliens. Also the movie was a cheesy, yes Predator films are cheesy but this felt diffrent for example
Kelly O'Brien never reloaded her M4 once and the others ran there guns dry. and when Ricky  shoots the Alien with a pistol with one had and hits it is very unlikey. The funny thing is the complaints about AVP, a lot of the mistakes were in this film and I heard no one complain. The only thing the directors fixed was they added gore and redisgn the predator like the original films. While I have a lot of complaints I still like this movie.

Which film do you like better? ;D

bonafide1498

bonafide1498

As much as AVP-R doesn't do, it does manage to have good action and cool predator weaponry.This alone makes it better than avp IMO. AVP kills off the preds way to fast. Just the whole concept of this pyramid in the antarctic....? Its way outta left field.

Firetnk

Firetnk

YA THE WHOLE PYRAMID THING WAS DIFFRENT BUT I WAS SATISFIED.  :)

Firetnk

Firetnk

I personally like AVP better then AVPR.
I like AVP because I love the first fight scene with the The "Celtic" Predator while many Predator fans were not very happy with the fact that the Alien killed both Predators. The fight scene  with the Queen and Scar was really cool. The effects were amazing. I liked the characters. Things that annoyed me was the chestburster's came out really fast, I wanted the movie in the future, I wish it had more Predators & I wish the Mercenaries killed something and that there were a few more survivors. The only thing this movie messed up was no one has ever encountered an Alien before, raised questions whether or not Bishop in Alien 3 is human or not . Small things that made fans mad, but did not bother me are the Predators look more bulky, not that is all that bad I mean not all predators are going to look the same, just like humans.Their vision is changed, No blood & the predator could see the Queen without it's mask. One complaint that is reasonable is the pred/ human team up. that was a little strange, but it was in the books and comics. Also People thought the Predator face looked bad. The Predator face is the worst one without a doubt of all the films but I did like the masks. While Many others hate this film with a passion I like it a lot & Cameron liked it too.

Spoilers below in case you have not yet seen the movie.
AVPR I like the movie but I did not like it as much as I wanted to. The movie was very chopped up. I think they tried to hard to cram everything together. You meet one character he/she is dead. All the characters are not interesting at all except the wolf. The acting in this movie is terrible, no one ever shows emotion for example kelly was fine right after her husband died. But I would like to have had a good human character. The story was not very good, it seems like they just played Resident Evil 3 and took that story just survive before the town is nuked. The music in this movie was good it felt like Predator music and ALIEN R. The 2 good fight scenes were the National Guard & the sewer. But of course the National Guard get killed fast  and the Teenagers survive . I wanted to see who would win the Predator or Pred Alien but instead they get nuked, all the fight scens were not that long either. I hated the fact that the Pred Alien could impregnate it's hosts and have 4 chestbursters come out  . Just stay with the Queen. Wish there were more predators in this film as well. This movie felt more like a Predator 3 then an Alien film. Do to so much of the predator killing countless Aliens. Also the movie was a cheesy, yes Predator films are cheesy but this felt different for example
Kelly O'Brien never reloaded her M4 once and the others ran there guns dry. and when Ricky  shoots the Alien with a pistol with one had and hits it is very unlikely. Also when he runs at the predator shooting it with his M4 and actually hitting the predator is unlikely. The Dallas gets a hold of the Predator gun and uses it. Most likely someone will not pick that up and try to figure it out how to use it. The funny thing is the complaints about AVP, a lot of the mistakes were in this film and I heard no one complain. The only thing the directors fixed was they added gore and redisgn the predator like the original films. While I have a lot of complaints I still like this movie. But this movie could have been better. I knew it would not be great when I first heard it was not going to be in the future.

Which film do you like better?

Yes I already posted this on an other forum but I would like to hear responces. ;D

Slugworth

Slugworth

AvP-R was more enjoyable to watch.

AvP didn't feel right to me, although I liked where Anderson was going with the story when I first heard about it.   I did find it pretty entertaining, and I do own the DVD.  AvP-R just has a faster pace, which I like, and an atmosphere that feels closer to the originals (in my opinion). AvP is too smooth and brightly lit, that kind of bothered me.

They both have they're pros and cons (Predator looked great in R), but I look at them both as one movie, since Shane Salerno had the job of cleaning up after Paul Anderson.  When AvP-R comes out on DVD, I tend to watch them both back to back... I think that might be an enjoyable experience.
-slug

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

R...but not by much.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

AVP-R is better, but that's primarily because it's "AVP with gore." Even then, it's not the lack of gore that made the first one suck so much.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

AVPR.  The drama was genuine to me.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

AVP-R.

Better designs/cinematography/music/gore.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Quote from: Slugworth on Jan 06, 2008, 09:41:02 PM
AvP-R was more enjoyable to watch.

AvP didn't feel right to me, although I liked where Anderson was going with the story when I first heard about it.   I did find it pretty entertaining, and I do own the DVD.  AvP-R just has a faster pace, which I like, and an atmosphere that feels closer to the originals (in my opinion). AvP is too smooth and brightly lit, that kind of bothered me.

They both have they're pros and cons, but I look at them both as one movie, since Shane Salerno had the job of cleaning up after Paul Anderson.  When AvP-R comes out on DVD, I tend to watch them both back to back... I think that might be an enjoyable experience.
-slug

Yeah,AvP R was really more enjoyable to watch at the cinema.

Firetnk

Firetnk

thanks for the replies. ;D I just want to hear everyones opinion. I tried to take all the good and bad things for both movies if you can think of any let me know. :)

Bliss

Bliss

AVP:R

Aeus

Aeus

AVPR.

BioMech

BioMech

AvP:R

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

AVP-R hands down!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed