Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 423,843 times)

Corporal Hicks

BigDaddyJohn

Just finished listening, absolutely nothing on The Predator unfortunately.

Ramjet311

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 21, 2018, 02:27:23 PM
Just finished listening, absolutely nothing on The Predator unfortunately.

There was a brief talk about The Predator at a bit iver the hour mark. Mentions Shane Black and how good the cast is

Ramjet311

Jake Busey more or less confirming who he is from the script

Shaeffer11

Scar gets a lot of hate but we were all so hyped to see Preds on screen after 14 years when this came out

The Wolverine Predator

Pretty sweet if you ask me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Jun 23, 2018, 12:32:27 AM
Scar gets a lot of hate but we were all so hyped to see Preds on screen after 14 years when this came out
I was very hyped! Watched it back to back the day it released.I left the theater just thinking wow this guy shit on my favorite franchises. I've loathed Paul Anderson since mortal kombat.

Jigsaw85

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jun 23, 2018, 05:13:22 PM
Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Jun 23, 2018, 12:32:27 AM
I was very hyped! Watched it back to back the day it released.I left the theater just thinking wow this guy shit on my favorite franchises. I've loathed Paul Anderson since mortal kombat.

AVP is still better than half of the entries in both series and mortal kombat was never going to be anything more than what he gave us.

OpenMaw

Mortal Kombat is fine. It just needs the violence and a reduction of the stupid dialogue, replace it with quiet atmospheric scenes that build up the tension. No more Sonya screaming endlessly.

AVP is, quite frankly, boring. I rank all three Predator films and the original Alien trilogy above it. AVP falls behind Prometheus. AVP, Resurrection, Covenant are all at the bottom of the shelf.

You know what, I've been really critical of Predators in some of these threads, so let me just relay a little anecdote.  My brother and I saw it the opening week it was in theater. Sat down, saw that first scene, and the moment the title card hit my brother and I looked at eachother and said "Now that's how you open a f*ckin' movie!" I'm so glad they cut out the filler scenes from Predators and went for the far better falling to your death opening. Immediate tension, suspense, questions, mystery, and energy. The film is off and going.

AVP literally never thrilled me. Never. Not once. My heart raised a beat slightly when the Alien and Predator were face to face. But I realized just how unearned the moment was. For one, the Predator in the shot is basically already dead, so the creatures aren't actually facing off. Grid is just staring at a glorified corpse, for two the Alien design is shit. for three, the film has no balls, and no characters worth a damn.

The first time the Alien and Predator clashed should have carried the weight of something like the fight between the T-800 and the T-1000 in Terminator 2.

Scorpio

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jun 23, 2018, 08:49:35 PM

AVP is still better than half of the entries in both series and mortal kombat was never going to be anything more than what he gave us.

AVP is much better than AVPR and Predators, IMO, but I would not say it's better than any of the Alien films (including the prequels).  Just nowhere near as ambitious due to the basic concept.

YTL_Hunter_H2

You guys make me laugh. AvP was utter garbage.

skull-splitter

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Jun 24, 2018, 01:00:20 PM
You guys make me laugh. AvP was utter garbage.
While I don't exactly agree with what it meant to the franchise and it's lore, it is a quite entertaining film and arguably Anderson's best. It just flows, has decent pacing. I see what they tried to do AvP-R, it just wasn't well executed. Even replacing the setting to the AvP-comics, it just wouldn't work.

OpenMaw

AVP is dull. AVPR is just stupid.

Event Horizon and Soldier are far better films from Anderson's filmography. At least in those instances when he started borrowing from elsewhere he was merely paying homage and still making something new.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 24, 2018, 09:42:08 PM
AVP is dull. AVPR is just stupid.

Event Horizon and Soldier are far better films from Anderson's filmography. At least in those instances when he started borrowing from elsewhere he was merely paying homage and still making something new.

I agree on Event Horizon and Soldier. To think the latter was pushed forward by the great Clint Eastwood is amazing, he reportedly said on the set "don't f**k it up kid" to Anderson  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed