Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 24, 2019, 02:58:03 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien (Read 23,518 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 29, 2019, 06:24:16 AM
A.I. is literally alien lol. You only see human similarities because that's what you're looking for. Nothing about David is human other than his appearance and the facade he maintains because of his programming, which he breaks.

Not when an A.I. is meant to replicate with accuracy a human mind. I'm not looking for anything I'm just capable of seeing human similarities when they are right in front of me. His current behavior is a result of  his human programming. Walter is more alien than David.

SM

SM

Quote from: Predwars24 on May 29, 2019, 09:10:33 PM
Wasn't Walter made to be less "Human" because the David model was too "Human"?

Yes.

Local Trouble

Is that how he got his terrible accent?

FenGiddel

Plus, the David 8 couldn't tell time correctly.

Nostromo

Nostromo

QuoteA.I. is literally alien lol. You only see human similarities because that's what you're looking for. Nothing about David is human other than his appearance and the facade he maintains because of his programming, which he breaks.

A.I. in both prequels has been top notch. TOP. Just wish the Alien was also. I'd love to see Scott and Cameron do one more film each at least. Wouldn't that be great. Full expansion, 2 different timelines expanding with Scott and Cameron at the helm, who woulda thunk of this ever happening again in the AR-AVPR era.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 29, 2019, 11:21:46 PM
Is that how he got his terrible accent?

It was his doodie.

Nostromo

Nostromo

David w/ interesting A.I. as 3rd antagonist seems like a very safe bet and would be fantastic. Hopefully they do concentrate on at least some of these gems, otherwise you may get a Fire & Stone full psycho android with tentacles coming out of his rear and which may get old rather quickly.

QuoteSome interesting developments I noticed, which got sidetracked -

1. Egg morphing
2. Deacon on LV223
3. The Octopus-like squeezing of the xeno-body in the Engineers script
4. David experimenting on Shaw
5. Ultramorph
6. Excretion of cocoon-substance from the alien's groin
7. The bizarre religious practices of the Engineers and cryptic use of the black goo.
8. Neomorphs
9. Cave under LV426

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Spoiler
1. Eggmorphing (may/may not be canon)
2. Dead, from starvation obviously.
3. Concept replaced by the Neomorph.
4. Using Elizabeth Shaw's ovaries lead to the Alien.
5. A bigger Big Chap, as Engineers are just bigger humans, down to the DNA- Prometheus tells us.
6. Sure, I don't see that being explored to be honest.
7. Definitely a thing.
8. Definitely a thing.
9. Yeah.
[close]

The Neomorphs, although I'd like to see them again- got fully explored, by my count you only have the practices of the Engineers which "got sidetracked" and that's something better left mostly ambiguous, unless you're going to use it to say something meaningful about the whole Creator and Created cycle that's going on.

The LV-426 Derelict will apparently be the culmination in some fashion of the Prequel storyline.

Huggs

Quote from: Nostromo on May 29, 2019, 11:30:24 PM
QuoteA.I. is literally alien lol. You only see human similarities because that's what you're looking for. Nothing about David is human other than his appearance and the facade he maintains because of his programming, which he breaks.

A.I. in both prequels has been top notch. TOP. Just wish the Alien was also. I'd love to see Scott and Cameron do one more film each at least. Wouldn't that be great. Full expansion, 2 different timelines expanding with Scott and Cameron at the helm, who woulda thunk of this ever happening again in the AR-AVPR era.

A tree with too many branches, blocks out too much sun.

I don't know what that means, but it seemed pertinent.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's clear A.I is where Ridley Scott's interest lies.
Now that the Alien retroactively is created by one,
I'm interested in what he means by evolving it because he didn't say it's done.

Huggs

So it's confirmed then?

Evanus

Nope, which makes me wonder why that lousy article exists in the first place.  :o

TC

TC

Quote from: Evanus on May 31, 2019, 01:42:22 AM
Nope, which makes me wonder why that lousy article exists in the first place.  :o

Opinion is the plague of the modern age. It has its place in certain corners of the internet (like fan forums - no, not joking ) but I'd hoped that established old media journals like the Guardian would hold out for actual news reporting for a few more years yet. This guy isn't even presenting us with an argument, with supporting facts and evidence or logic or reasoning, just boring us with his hot air.

TC

Nostromo

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 26, 2019, 03:38:55 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2iurwxh.jpg

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 25, 2019, 10:54:26 PM
Quote from: King geedorah on May 25, 2019, 07:35:57 PM

Bald albinos, ghouliens, and evil robots

Sign me the f**k up tbh

With a solid script and a good execution you can have the Alien and the new stuff working perfectly.

Lol, picturing Jeff Goldblum saying that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed