Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 134,258 times)

salomonj

Woahhh

David bombing is gonna be freaking amazing. And dat Neomorph is gonna f**k some people up, Looks terrifying.,

Ingwar

Quote from: Infected on Apr 20, 2017, 03:55:15 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 20, 2017, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Apr 20, 2017, 03:34:16 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 20, 2017, 03:31:05 PM
Nice!  :)

That shot of David bombing the engineers looks pretty awesome.

This scene is going to be incredible, I wonder when it will arrive in the film!

It looks utterly amazing!

It seems that David is standing on the ship, not inside.
"funny angle mate?" If he is standing on it and they fall from above him, does he have Mario Lakitu cloud dropping them for him?

We don't know how the mechanism works? :) But you might be right about the angle.

rabidranger

Wow, you really get the scope of the Engineer city, it's architecture, and the sheer number of the inhabitants in that pic. Bombs away!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Now it is more evident that the "Scorpionaut" is a device for the docking of the juggernaut. Look at the structure on the left:

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Apr 20, 2017, 12:27:32 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 20, 2017, 02:43:44 AM
My strong suspicion is that Ridley now intends to deal directly with both the alien's creation and LV-426/the derelict in AC and future movies, and that he'll use the same pat explanation for both: "David Did It." I think that's tacky and silly and far too overt, the idea of some evil android creating a monster and seeding the ship a handful of years before Alien. I think it's a bad mistake.

IMO all the explanation we ever needed for the alien or the derelict was in the original film and Prometheus. Ridley spent decades gabbing in print, commentary, interviews etc. saying flat-out that the alien was a bioweapon bred by the Engineers/jockeys that got out of control and contributed to wiping them out, much like it did the space jockey on LV-426. Prometheus backs all of this up onscreen by presenting another incident of widespread disaster that contributed to the same wipeout of the Engineer species; more bioweapons that were uncontrollable and helped kill them off. Everything Janek, etc. says in the film contributes to that same thesis Ridley has been pushing since the '70s. It was easy enough to connect the dot between what is uncovered in Prometheus back to events in Alien.

But when Prometheus got a mixed reception and Ridley was out of ideas for the sequel, he moved to directly prequelizing the original film and changing it up - now we have this new latter-day twist with David, and it sounds a lot like he is going to say that David made it all happen, not the Engineers/space jockeys. I think they're fixing what wasn't broken, and breaking it. I just hope they leave room to say David merely copied the creature the Engineers already created. It's all so unnecessary, but for hardcore nerds who love fan service it'll be a squeefest.

I agree..

At this point there are three things that would make me very happy in order of importance to me.

1) Make it obvious that the Xeno/Neo/Deacon type creatures are ancient and were known to the Engineers.  David is simply attempting to re-create some ancient soufflé.  Even better yet if it was an ancient creation designed to kill the Engineers.

2) Give some answer to the motives of the Engineers.  It doesn't need to be Earth centric, but it would be interesting to know their motives behind seeding life and doing planetary scale "resets".   What are they trying to accomplish?  Are they trying to save their civilization by creating themselves?  In a way it makes sense that the sacrificial Engineer would be the most perfect example of an Engineer.

3) Where did the goo come from?  Is this a creation of the Engineers, or from some beings higher up the ladder.  The writing on the urns is stylistically very different from the cuneiform type writings we see around the facility in Prometheus (giant head, sleep pod controls, doors)

If David is trying to recreate an ancient monster, then the Space Jockey is irrelevant to this prequel series.  On the other hand, if Ridley is trying to tell us that David created the biomechanical Alien, then they will have to go back to LV-426. Otherwise that simple detail is going to become a plot hole.

Honestly, I think it would be a big mistake to leave out the Engineers. They are by far the most interesting element in this prequel mythology.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Apr 20, 2017, 04:22:17 PM
Now it is more evident that the "Scorpionaut" is a device for the docking of the juggernaut. Look at the structure on the left:

It is a "Mother-Juggernaut" according to one of the concept artists who worked on the film. Not a "docking device". It actually flies around and is not anchored to the ground.

lv_226

My strong suspicion is that Ridley now intends to deal directly with both the alien's creation and LV-426/the derelict in AC and future movies, and that he'll use the same pat explanation for both: "David Did It." I think that's tacky and silly and far too overt, the idea of some evil android creating a monster and seeding the ship a handful of years before Alien. I think it's a bad mistake.

IMO all the explanation we ever needed for the alien or the derelict was in the original film and Prometheus. Ridley spent decades gabbing in print, commentary, interviews etc. saying flat-out that the alien was a bioweapon bred by the Engineers/jockeys that got out of control and contributed to wiping them out, much like it did the space jockey on LV-426. Prometheus backs all of this up onscreen by presenting another incident of widespread disaster that contributed to the same wipeout of the Engineer species; more bioweapons that were uncontrollable and helped kill them off. Everything Janek, etc. says in the film contributes to that same thesis Ridley has been pushing since the '70s. It was easy enough to connect the dot between what is uncovered in Prometheus back to events in Alien.

But when Prometheus got a mixed reception and Ridley was out of ideas for the sequel, he moved to directly prequelizing the original film and changing it up - now we have this new latter-day twist with David, and it sounds a lot like he is going to say that David made it all happen, not the Engineers/space jockeys. I think they're fixing what wasn't broken, and breaking it. I just hope they leave room to say David merely copied the creature the Engineers already created. It's all so unnecessary, but for hardcore nerds who love fan service it'll be a squeefest.

I agree..

At this point there are three things that would make me very happy in order of importance to me.

1) Make it obvious that the Xeno/Neo/Deacon type creatures are ancient and were known to the Engineers.  David is simply attempting to re-create some ancient soufflé.  Even better yet if it was an ancient creation designed to kill the Engineers.

2) Give some answer to the motives of the Engineers.  It doesn't need to be Earth centric, but it would be interesting to know their motives behind seeding life and doing planetary scale "resets".   What are they trying to accomplish?  Are they trying to save their civilization by creating themselves?  In a way it makes sense that the sacrificial Engineer would be the most perfect example of an Engineer.

3) Where did the goo come from?  Is this a creation of the Engineers, or from some beings higher up the ladder.  The writing on the urns is stylistically very different from the cuneiform type writings we see around the facility in Prometheus (giant head, sleep pod controls, doors)

If David is trying to recreate an ancient monster, then the Space Jockey is irrelevant to this prequel series.  On the other hand, if Ridley is trying to tell us that David created the biomechanical Alien, then they will have to go back to LV-426. Otherwise that simple detail is going to become a plot hole.

Honestly, I think it would be a big mistake to leave out the Engineers. They are by far the most interesting element in this prequel mythology.
I think you're right. I really do..

Ragonk_Force

That picture of the Urns dropping is staggering. Wow, I can't wait to see that

cliffhanger

funny, i actually concluded that indeed it's the scorpionaut ship too where the urns drop from, and wanted to be sure about it so taking some time to investigate, then came back to post and see somebody else posted the same :D

but yes, it is definately the scorpionaut that drops it, and it's at the same exact moment. you can see the population flock towards the central opening. perhaps some sort of refuge place for them to think they're safe there?

Infected

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 20, 2017, 04:03:19 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 20, 2017, 03:55:15 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 20, 2017, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: Stolen on Apr 20, 2017, 03:34:16 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 20, 2017, 03:31:05 PM
Nice!  :)

That shot of David bombing the engineers looks pretty awesome.

This scene is going to be incredible, I wonder when it will arrive in the film!

It looks utterly amazing!

It seems that David is standing on the ship, not inside.
"funny angle mate?" If he is standing on it and they fall from above him, does he have Mario Lakitu cloud dropping them for him?

We don't know how the mechanism works? :) But you might be right about the angle.
Its also the lighting, if he was on top then he would be in the light, the shadows show us he is inside a cargo bay most likely.

But look at that city, looks huge, i thought it was just a yard, i see lots of buildings.

Pauli

Looking good,especially the shot of David and the Urns.
Those Engineers are buggered.

Pauli

I can easily imagine Kubrick's score for 2001 Space Odyssey track 03:Requiem for Soprano being played in the background when those Urns drop.And we all know how much Ridley admires Kubrick's work.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwWAciO6F4

Enoch

lv_226

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 20, 2017, 07:04:41 PM
Fitting music for that scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufpktF5T1r0
Good choice Enochito. Can't wait to see what is in store!

Enoch

echobbase79

Quote from: Pauli on Apr 20, 2017, 05:55:16 PM
Looking good,especially the shot of David and the Urns.
Those Engineers are buggered.

Yeah, they're so f**ked.
Spoiler
Gotta wonder if Shaw played apart in this as well?
[close]

I agree..

It appears to be a docking station after all. Good catch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed