Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,632 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 16, 2020, 03:37:12 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 16, 2020, 01:35:11 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 16, 2020, 06:00:41 AM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 16, 2020, 05:04:32 AM
Please let this lead to a single player Predator game.

There seems to be a bunch of Predator references and cameos out there so I don't doubt a studio beyond Ilfonic wants to work on the property. If Hunting Grounds could happen during the merger against all odds then a bigger studio being invited to work on the character is a definite possibility.

When Ghost Recon Wildlands had the special Predator mission, I thought it was a sign Ubisoft was going to make a Predator game similar to Assassin's Creed. But alas it was nothing.

Wouldn't that be something. Yeah, I realize the production costs would be higher, but I do hope Concrete Jungle isn't our last foray into single player. How would I love something open world based!  :o

I actually made a topic in the games forum in 2018 detailing what I think could make a fun Predator game. I also did a ubisoft survey a while ago and it asked what license would I like to see them make a game of and I said Predator.

Did I read it?  Do you have a link to the thread handy?

The Old One

The Old One

I like the idea but it's likeliness I sincerely doubt.

Immortan Jonesy

Kurai

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 16, 2020, 04:24:50 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 16, 2020, 03:37:12 PM
I actually made a topic in the games forum in 2018 detailing what I think could make a fun Predator game. I also did a ubisoft survey a while ago and it asked what license would I like to see them make a game of and I said Predator.

Did I read it?  Do you have a link to the thread handy?

Not The Shuriken's post, but one of my own. It didn't get much exposure before being submerged in the sea of other topics at the time, but this is what my ideal Predator game would be:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=54695
Quote from: Kurai on Jun 18, 2016, 04:42:55 PM
So I've been thinking about how there's all this untapped video game potential in the Aliens and Predator franchises that seem to be purposefully being ignored for one reason or another. I questioned the lack of a survival horror Alien game for a long while before Isolation came and blew my mind. It could be that they're waiting for the technology or perhaps the interest...

Well this is my idea for what I consider the perfect Predator game.

Predator: Hunting Grounds

You play as a Predator youngling out on his first hunt, your weapons and tech are at the bare minimum. Landing on a simple jungle world you are tasked with taking down the biggest, meanest predator (animal, not the capital P Predator) and claiming its skull. All this takes place in a semi-open world series of maps which you can travel to via your dropship. The planet is filled with various alien creatures that fit the planet's theme. On taking down the deadliest prey on the planet, the game will inform you that you can return to space.

Once in space you will gain the ability to trade Trophy Points for upgrades and new weapons ranging from all the staples of the original movies, such as new vision modes, gaining a shoulder cannon, duel wrist blades, different mask designs, etc. Trophy Points can also be used to unlock new Hunting Grounds, each with their own unique prey ranging from simple animals to sapient lifeforms, maybe work in some stuff for the River Ghost even? Of course Earth will be one of the worlds you can unlock.
Once all the various worlds are unlocked you will gain access to a customizable preserve world where you can mix and match species from other worlds for a unique hunt.

Multiplayer could involve gathering the most trophies to pitting your Predators head to head or even just popping into other player's preserve planets.

No story necessary, the Predator is here to hunt and hunt he shall.

What do you think?

Voodoo Magic

You have some great ideas Kurai!  The mix and match species from other worlds is especially interesting.

And....

Quote from: Kurai on Feb 26, 2020, 08:31:52 AMPredator: Hunting Grounds

Wysps

Quote from: Kurai on Jun 18, 2016, 04:42:55 PM
So I've been thinking about how there's all this untapped video game potential in the Aliens and Predator franchises that seem to be purposefully being ignored for one reason or another. I questioned the lack of a survival horror Alien game for a long while before Isolation came and blew my mind. It could be that they're waiting for the technology or perhaps the interest...

Well this is my idea for what I consider the perfect Predator game.

Predator: Hunting Grounds

You play as a Predator youngling out on his first hunt, your weapons and tech are at the bare minimum. Landing on a simple jungle world you are tasked with taking down the biggest, meanest predator (animal, not the capital P Predator) and claiming its skull. All this takes place in a semi-open world series of maps which you can travel to via your dropship. The planet is filled with various alien creatures that fit the planet's theme. On taking down the deadliest prey on the planet, the game will inform you that you can return to space.

Once in space you will gain the ability to trade Trophy Points for upgrades and new weapons ranging from all the staples of the original movies, such as new vision modes, gaining a shoulder cannon, duel wrist blades, different mask designs, etc. Trophy Points can also be used to unlock new Hunting Grounds, each with their own unique prey ranging from simple animals to sapient lifeforms, maybe work in some stuff for the River Ghost even? Of course Earth will be one of the worlds you can unlock.
Once all the various worlds are unlocked you will gain access to a customizable preserve world where you can mix and match species from other worlds for a unique hunt.

Multiplayer could involve gathering the most trophies to pitting your Predators head to head or even just popping into other player's preserve planets.

No story necessary, the Predator is here to hunt and hunt he shall.

What do you think?

Those are pretty good ideas, Kurai.  I've seen something similar in other games, but I think it'd definitely work in the Predator universe. I'd totally be down for something like this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed