Colin Strause on AvP2 SFX

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 12, 2007, 05:07:55 PM

Author
Colin Strause on AvP2 SFX (Read 13,004 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Colin recently gave a small comment on how the effects in AvP2 were done:

“Special Effects are done on set. Visual Effects are done after the shoot. We started some of the bigger shots early on in the editting, but most of the shots aren’t started until the edit is mostly locked in so that you aren’t wasting money on shots that won’t make it into the film.”

You can read the entire thread on the IMDB boards.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

BOOOORING...  Oh, and they are even SAVING money on an already SMALL budget...   This, as always, sounds promising... LOL

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

That is what I call 'a very TIGHT leash'...     :D     :D     :D     :D     :D  

topman

topman

this is getting better by the day!!   >:(  

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

Why are you ragging the guy for talking about the process? You obviously don't have any prior knowlegde. If you did, you'd know this is nothing new   ::)  

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Blah blah blah blah! I want a trailer already   :D  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Apparently, the Strauses never heard of 'Director's Cut'.... and rest assured Fox will edit this version to extort more money from the ones still resilient to buy AVP2 Theatrical version... About the FX, who cares about that babble...?

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

i do, the cgi aliens need to look as good as they can

Katarn

Katarn

RIJOENPIAL, do you even have any idea what you're talking about?  The theatrical cut is always the studio's version, since they payed for it. Any Director's Cut would be for dvd-release

War Wager

War Wager

We already know how movies are made, give some movie stills and a teaser trailer already!!

Aliendrone

Aliendrone

AMEN PredAlien Warrior, you said it.

SiL

SiL

The director's have already done their Director's Cut. Now they're editing it down to the Theatrical Cut.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I just want a trailer. After that, I can wait...     ...TRAILER!    :o  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Give us a trailer please, some of my friends are geting tired of waiting for anything of this film to show its self    :'(  

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Katarn, what do YOU think I am talking about?  Apparently, the Strauses don't get that any additional scenes to a theatrical version need to be shot in advance, therefore, any scenes with VFX that don't make the theatrical but could well be in the DC, must be filmed altogether...  Again, if you don't understand anything, all you need is ask...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed