More explanation to the Alien life cycle in Alien 5?

Started by shakermakerman, Mar 26, 2015, 01:01:21 PM

Author
More explanation to the Alien life cycle in Alien 5? (Read 8,109 times)

shakermakerman

One thing about Alien 3 and Resurrection is that it was put across that Queens where born Queens and thats it, so if the Queen dies then explain what happens? i know there are theorys ect but im want to see it on the big screen, do drones morph into queens and so on . Also i want to see more about egg morphing ect.

Nightmare Asylum

Since the concept art shows both a Queen and what appears to be eggmorphing, maybe Blomkamp is going to go the route that eggmorphing creates Queens, who in turn lay the eggs to make the regular Aliens. It's just as likely a possibility as any at this point.

Space7Horror

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 28, 2015, 12:32:35 PM
Since the concept art shows both a Queen and what appears to be eggmorphing, maybe Blomkamp is going to go the route that eggmorphing creates Queens, who in turn lay the eggs to make the regular Aliens. It's just as likely a possibility as any at this point.

I would hope he goes this route It would be very interesting to finally see on screen the combination of morphing and queen.

razeak

I hope they retain some mystery. At the most maybe some egg morphing.

Born Of Cold Light

The egg morphing is cool, but remember the last time the franchise got 'creative' with the life cycle.

NickisSmart

Except egg-morphing has been around since the beginning of the series, arguably.

Does anyone actually like the A:R version of the alien life cycle? : P

Vrastal

its going to be new to a lot more people than fans that went and looked it up or browse forums

NickisSmart

Oh, that's fine. Still better than A:R.

Vrastal

I never really cared for the eggmorphing in the first place. or that they were engineered

NickisSmart

I never cared for the queen.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

I would love to see how the alien would survive and addapt, show why its a danger if it reached earth, kick avpr right out of touch.

Born Of Cold Light

You know, if extraterrestrial life follows the same general pattern of evolution seen on Earth, the bulk of animal life would be quadripedal.  This would mean that the bulk of xenomorphs found might be runners or something similar, and what we think of as a 'standard' Alien might actually be pretty rare.  It would be interesting if they touched on this.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

I just hope to see the Queen. The lifecycle isn't a huge focus for me. We already know how a standard warrior is born. Egg, facehugger and chestburster. Why over do it? I think a reveil of the Queens lifecycle wouldn't be all that intresting for the film. I don't think audiences would care either way honestly. I just want to see the Aliens in their former glory and even more terrifying.

Vrastal

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Apr 01, 2015, 01:14:25 AM
You know, if extraterrestrial life follows the same general pattern of evolution seen on Earth, the bulk of animal life would be quadripedal.  This would mean that the bulk of xenomorphs found might be runners or something similar, and what we think of as a 'standard' Alien might actually be pretty rare.  It would be interesting if they touched on this.

I wouldnt say the bipedal is rare just uncommon. throwing kenner toys out the window. any bipedal organism will result in a mostly "normal" bipedal alien i think, monkeys, gorrilas, apes, predators(?), would all be bipedal.

But in an earth setting, without humans the vast majority would be quadrupedal.  I do love that they can crawl or run upright without difficulty though.

Aliens are just so freaking awesome

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Nazrel on Apr 01, 2015, 05:38:56 AM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Apr 01, 2015, 01:14:25 AM

I wouldnt say the bipedal is rare just uncommon. throwing kenner toys out the window. any bipedal organism will result in a mostly "normal" bipedal alien i think, monkeys, gorrilas, apes, predators(?), would all be bipedal.

But in an earth setting, without humans the vast majority would be quadrupedal.  I do love that they can crawl or run upright without difficulty though.

Aliens are just so freaking awesome

Minus the Predator, all of those animals are quadupedal, they just occasionally walk on two legs.  The Predalien does show that other characteristics are sometimes adopted by the Aliens as well, so it is possible that a wide variety could be bred.  If it turns out that Aliens did indeed kill of large numbers of Engineers in some major galaxy-wide containment failure, there could be billions of ultramorphs spread across the Milky Way and possibly beyond, as the traditional ultramorph strikes me as the type of Alien that would come out of an Engineer.  The fact that something this large and this dangerous could have overrun large sectors of space is a truly terrifying concept:

Can you imagine how colossal the queens might be (that is, if they don't all use egg morphing)?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed