How do you want Alien 5 to open?

Started by shakermakerman, Mar 25, 2015, 10:20:07 AM

Author
How do you want Alien 5 to open? (Read 8,531 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 26, 2015, 08:31:10 PM
They could half-way acknowledge A3 as what actually happened mixed with altered memories.

Let's say that mercenaries were hired by Burke to board the Sulaco all along. The mercs board the ship while Rip & Co are in cryo sleep. The mercs enter the cryo tube area and start to awaken Rip & Co, starting with Hicks & Newt. But before they have the chance to awaken Ripley, the mercs are attacked by facehuggers. Fire alarm goes off and Ripley's and Bishop's tubes are ejected.

Hicks & Newt are transported onboard the mercenary ship and leave as the acid from the killed Facehuggers starts eating through the hull.

Ripley ends up on Fiorina 161, but without Hicks & Newt. Everything that happened in A3 happened except for the morgue scene, the funeral scene and Ripley's sacrifice - all that are altered memories.

In reality the funeral was for two dead inmates, the dissection was not on Newt but on a mystically dead ox. Ripley did run into a W-Y executive and his Special Ops team, but in reality it wasn't Bishop, and was caught before she had the time to commit suicide.

W-Y keeps Ripley (who is officially reported as dead) on ice. They harvest the queen embryo inside of her. Despite the comatose Ripley still shows life signs and they decide to stitch her up and stove her away. They use mind altering drugs and technologies (similar to the stuff in PROM) to extract as much information from her as possible, and since she survived the embryo surgery she is also of medical interest. W-Y perform experiments on Ripley, imprisoned in here altered state. She dreams, or more like patches together what happens to her, which is A:R.

The merc ship with Hicks & Newt on board is intercepted by the authorities. Burke is single-handedly blamed for everything that happened, W-Y gets of scott-free, Newt is sent to an orphanage or foster family (closely observed by W-Y of course), and Hicks is kicked out of the marine core and has to serve a few years in prison for whatever BS reason.

FFW a few years and there we go - A5.

They don't have to show flashbacks from A:R and A3. It could just be mentioned and hinted at, or even display it as abstract and blurry soundscapes, close-ups etc.

The opening scene could be the space station that a drunken and haggard older Hicks works at as a janitor or security guard a la OUTLAND.

Still sucks, I know. But I think it's way less sucky than a cheap in-your-face retcon.

That's actually at least one of the best suggestions I've seen so far...

Son Of Kane

Awful suggestion actually.

NickisSmart

I hope that they never once mention anything in A3 or A:R.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Spreadeagles is out there but some of it isnt bad. The mercs boarding the sulaco reminds me more of Earth Hive than aliens CM.

Though ripley being put in a psychward on powerfull drugs that cause her to hallucinate would better explain Alien 3 and resurrection, I am sad to see A3 being reconnected because the assembly cut is decent. A:R seems like a drug induced dream anyways.

Itll open like they all do.

SPACE- stars twinkling in the distance. The sulaco floats past. Cut to interior shots of the ship, the aftermath of the queen battle, grates thrown around, android "blood" acid burn burn next to the drop ship. Cut to four cryotubes. thanks to age denying make up for ripley a bandage on hicks face and a stand in for newt, we see them unclearly through the fogged glass.

Sulaco  reaches gateway. personal enter the ship, computer malfunctioned and the cryotubes didnt open prior to arrival. bustle of people moving hicks, bishop, ripley and newt, presumably doctors/Military personal.

cut to 15-30 years later and the story begins.

SuperM

SuperM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofUdfFC6kJc

Maybe it'll start like that, and suddenly we're in a parallel universe where Alien3 didn't happen and Spock Bishop has a beard.

Snark

Snark

Hate to spoil it but it will be Ripley8 and Call walking around the ruins of Paris. Ripley8 laments about memories of her life and those she lost. Now she made it back home to find it in ruins. They hear something coming from the Betty. As they approach they find Johner's legs sticking partly out of the hatch squirming, struggling. As they cautiously enter they find a facehugger on him. Terrified and unable to help him they wonder how this happened. Then more noises. They see the dark outline of a curved object partially hidden in a dark corner. It's an egg. Then more noises. More eggs, are found appearing where they weren't there before. Ripley8 has a flashback that couldn't possibly be from her memory. A flash of an egg on the Sulaco. A flash of the cryotube. A flash of the broken glass. A flash of a facehugger on her. Then unraveling out of the rusty darkness of the Betty comes an Alien warrior. They run in terror. Ripley8 is so confused and frightened now. Off towards the debris piles they go to hide in vain. As they approach, warriors jump out from behind a wall of old vehicles. "It's all your f**kin' fault they're dead! All my mates! Everyone who you meet dies" She is confounded by the appearance of Morse near and old car wreck. Then the shreaking cry of something all too familiar echo's out. They turn around and an Alien Queen climbs over the top of the "wall". The sky turns dark and the terrain around them transforms as they look around. It is turning into a hive. Slowly emergency lights start flashing. Klaxons are sounding. They are trapped. As the Aliens get nearer to them Ripley8 finds a familiar white flamethrower on the ground.  She grabs it but hesitates to aim at the warriors. She hands it to Call. " Kill me! Kill me!" Call pulls the trigger just as warriors jump in after them.

Ellen Ripley wakes up in a cold sweat screaming. Heavy breathing and panic ensues. Hands are holding her back down as she tries to jump up. She is hysterical. "Ripley! Ripley! ... Ellen!" Shouts a voice to bring her back to reality. She stops moving and looks up to find a bandaged  man who is a sight of comfort. Hicks! ... Dwayne!" She gasps. She grabs a hold of him sobbing. "I had a horrible dream while in hypersleep..."

They appear the same as in the end of Aliens. A montage of questions from USCM and Colonial Representatives. They look tired of answering over and over. Hicks gets so angry about acusations about negligence and losing all of the marines, he punches out the officer in charge. MP's come in to restrain him. He is in a brig. A montage of their lives continues and time moves forward more and more. Ripley works by day for a different company in docks trying to regain respect and her life. Hicks is seen leaving the USCM. She comes home to Newt. They visit with Hicks on and off. He speaks to mercenary's in dark bars. We then end up visiting them about 30 years later.

Ripley is a commercial starship captain for Seegson Industries. Hicks is a mercenary for hire. Newt is a beautiful woman working as a botanist in large open gardens on a space station.

By working for Seegson, Ripley finds a recording from her daughter Amanda about the infestation of Sevastopol, coverup, and further searches by Wetland Yutani for the Alien. This will lead into to main story of the final conflicts.

Sorry this was long winded. I just had to get this all off my chest. I have built this premise for so many years and finally came to an interesting turn after Alien: Isolation came out and news broke about Neil Blomkamp's interest. I really hope he ties up the loose threads from 3 and Resurrection. Yes it would be a stereotypical for him to conveniently make them a dream, but if done correctly, why not? I love Alien3, and Resurrection has its moments but for the good of the franchise they need to not exist as reality. As a nod to The Wizard of Oz, all the characters from 3 and Resurrection should be people from her past. Especially Morse. I have a feeling that he worked with her while she was at Gateway and had a confrontation that led to them respecting each other. Who knows, maybe he would return as his true self for us to see...

whiterabbit

Rips and co awaking to an earth ravage by aliens. They then somehow turn the tide.

Son Of Kane

No f**king dreams that's for sure.

T Dog

T Dog

What if this movie starts with an alternative version of A3 where Hicks and Newt are still alive but Ripley still has the queen embryo inside her.
The company threatens to kill Hicks and Newt so she decides to allow them to remove the Queen.

Cut to 30 years later and the company are reaping the rewards of their experiments with the Alien.
A squad of saboteurs lead by Ripley and Hicks decide to take down the company.

razeak

razeak

With so little information but so much expectations of hollywood:

We open with the a crew of salvagers stumbling across the Sulaco. On board a smartmouthed supermodel 20 year old admiral makes some quips and they board. No one actually speaks in sentences. It's all lingo and one liners. They board and find the Aliens Trinity and discover the tubes are jacked up. Everybody is older. After this, i'm expecting a slightly better A:R. Ugh.

NickisSmart

Black screen. Slowly letters form to spell the title. Cut to space, and the Sulaco.

Inverse Effect

I really want something similar to Alien 3 opening, where the there's that really long drawn out noise.. And it goes into that erie ambient sound.

https://youtu.be/tlIo85SYClM?t=6s

whiterabbit

The Sulaco crashing into the sun... and I think we already have this thread floating on the front page.

Corporal Hicks

Merged.  :)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Guts on Mar 31, 2015, 05:02:34 AM
I really want something similar to Alien 3 opening, where the there's that really long drawn out noise.. And it goes into that erie ambient sound.

https://youtu.be/tlIo85SYClM?t=6s

By far the best part of Alien 3. Not saying much, I know, but that opening sting always gives me goosebumps...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed