Prometheus Blu-ray Alternate & Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 28, 2012, 06:07:24 PM

Author
Prometheus Blu-ray Alternate & Deleted Scenes Images (Read 43,115 times)

ikarop

[html]

An early copy of the Prometheus Blu-ray disc has been shared online to the masses today, revealing all the remaining alternate and deleted scenes from the film, an extended version of the TED talk, a couple concept art videos and the full cut of Mission Transmission viral video. Below you can find a selection of preview images from the five remaining scenes included on the Blu-ray release (Arrival of the Engineers, Our first Alien, Holloway Hungover, Fifield Attacks and Paradise). Click below to see all the images.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/09/28/prometheus-blu-ray-alternate-deleted-scenes-images/">https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/news1.jpg" alt=" " width="350" height="210" />

antovolk

antovolk

BTW the FULL 7-minute Peter Weyland TEDTalk from the disc is now online at
http://vimeo.com/50383392

Deleted scenes: http://www.sockshare.com/file/B0B569A1F19AF2DB

Mission Transmission: http://www.sockshare.com/file/27CBEB056343562B

From weylandinvestors.com.

Nightmare Asylum

Really cool stuff. I want to see more of the worm things in the vase/jar.

SpeedyMaxx

I got to see the leaked scenes.  Offhand thoughts.

- The multiple Engineers look very Star Trek, and I'm glad they went.
- The Millburn/worms scene was indeed filmed, and would've been a nice addition.  He explains it's their first real alien contact in many systems of exploration.
- The Alien Fifield rampages around like a deranged monkey.  I'm not totally sure if it works.  Shaw is not present in this version, she's still wandering around the bowels of the ship.  Where is the Shaw version?
- The long version of the "Paradise" scene has its moments.  Noomi Rapace's performance is really something, especially when she spits out, "I want to go to Paradise" with no small degree of contempt.  But it's also thoughtful and musing.  I think one key change is the final dialogue between her and David ("well, that's because I'm human...") was originally here, and was much more aggressive.  She's very hostile to him, calls him a "f**king robot" and shoves him into the bag with no apologies over his protests, as opposed to the gentler scene in the final film.

I prefer the theatrical version of that final byplay because in that take of the scene, Shaw's reaction to David is much more ambiguous and intriguing; she treats him almost like a naughty student or child, firm but not without some measure of understanding.  She knows what he's probably done and is pissed, but she is disciplining him, not treating him with contempt like Holloway did; she is much softer with him, perhaps because she thinks she can educate him in a way Weyland didn't.  And I think that's really interesting, because it makes their future relationship that much more layered.

Nightmare Asylum

Gave the scenes a watch. I didn't like the opening with all the Engineers, but then again, I was opposed to that from the beginning. The scene discovering the worms was cool, but I wish it went on for a bit longer. I did really like the Shaw and David stuff at the end, though. But to be fair, I only saw the movie once, and don't remember exactly how different the cut of that scene was in the theater.

SpeedyMaxx

The final part of the scene was reshot and is much less hostile in the final film; that take is set at the exit of the juggernaut  I prefer that version to this one, but a lot of the longer dialogue as she makes her way to the juggernaut, then they discuss Paradise - that I could've gone for keeping.

Nightmare Asylum

I'll have to wait until I see the regular cut again before I make up my mind about the hostile/less hostile version, but so far, that's one of my favorite cut scenes (alongside the alternate Vickers/Weyland conversation and the Vickers/Janeck conversation). The worm one is cool, too, just needed to be a little bit longer.

Oh, forgot to mention, dodgy CGI aside, I actually really liked alternate Fifield. I wasn't expecting him to jump and move around like that.

Promethée

The alien life finding scene should have been in the final cut,

Fifield was good enough, I would have preferred anything over a space zombie anyway...

The rest of the scenes are a nice touch and make good dvd bonuses but aren't needed in the movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The alternate opening is every bit as cringe-worthy as the theatrical one.
I really liked the worms scene -- really should have been included in the film. Alternate Fifield would have certainly been better in the film than what we got, even though the movement choreography still needs adjustments -- and the sounds are horribly chopped out and mixed together stock sounds.
Don't care for the rest.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2012, 06:38:33 PM
- The multiple Engineers look very Star Trek, and I'm glad they went.

I agree. I prefer the original cuts version to this. With all those Engineers there it removes the mystery and danger of the black liquid and the lonely road of the sacrificial host.

- The Millburn/worms scene was indeed filmed, and would've been a nice addition.  He explains it's their first real alien contact in many systems of exploration.

It also gives a little more insight to how her reacts to the larger versions later in the film. However ... where does this scene go? There looks like black pools all around them in that scene and by the time the urns leak in the theatrical release, Fifield and Milburn had already high tailed it.

Over all I'd prefer this scene back in the film.

- The Alien Fifield rampages around like a deranged monkey.  I'm not totally sure if it works.  Shaw is not present in this version, she's still wandering around the bowels of the ship.  Where is the Shaw version?

I love this creature. Especially when it's all curled up and begins to unfurl! The scene is still cut up and the audio is all over the place. You can tell they tried to integrate the CGI cut into the Practical cut since there is no Shaw and the audio transitions to her stumbling around the halls don't match. (There is even a glimpse of the practical Fifield in there!)

Omega ... spot on about the adjustments and sounds. Just a tad of polish and maybe some more inspired human/alien anguished cries and we're home.

Overall I would have kept this in. The creature still gives off a ape-ish, devolved, brutal vibe but adds a much needed element of alien creature and creepiness.

Darth Vile

I like the discovery of the mutated small worm... only for the fact that it helps contextualise his reaction to the hammerpede. As for the CGI Fifield... so glad they left that out. I think everyone would have been complaining if that had been in the original final version - way too CGI'ish.

All in all, as originally thought, what was on the cutting room floor should stay on the cutting room floor (IMHO).

SpeedyMaxx

The sound mix on the final Fifield attack/Shaw wandering sequence is wonderful, especially when the jeep runs him over back and forth and they torch the beast.  So that was sorely missed here.

I think a lot of jaded theatergoers would've laughed at Alien Fifield, so I can understand why they cut it.  I also think the movement needed work.  But I do like the design, and I wish there could've been some happy medium.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2012, 07:37:33 PM
I think a lot of jaded theatergoers would've laughed at Alien Fifield, so I can understand why they cut it.
Isn't like the actual thing is in any way not laughable.

Snowdog

is the alternate opening and fifield scene online somewhere ???

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 28, 2012, 07:41:26 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 28, 2012, 07:37:33 PM
I think a lot of jaded theatergoers would've laughed at Alien Fifield, so I can understand why they cut it.
Isn't like the actual thing is in any way not laughable.

I know it's sometimes difficult to conceive of, but a handful of angry posters on the Internet or this forum do not speak for the larger or whole audience.  I'm sure some people didn't go for it and tastes will vary, but I never encountered any laughter in the theater.  The CGI Fifield, OTOH, walks an even thinner tightrope IMO, though it's admirable.  It needed work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed