NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 387,481 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

A helmet (Frosts) has been added to the weapons pack.

I'm at work so I can't post the picture but it includes

Sentry gun - 2x
Sentry ammo box (?) - 2x
Flame thrower - 1x
Pulse rifle - 1x
Hicks shotgun - 1x
VP70 - 1x
Knife - 1x
Flash light - 1x
Helmet - 1x
Medic/Equipment bag - 1x
Flamethrower effect - 1x
Unknown firing effect - 1x

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Got my two pack(s) while I was at work today. Took some quick pictures since some one on another forum had asked, and on another forum a lot of people seemed worried because there's been a lot of talk about poor paint app's on the heads and rubbery weapons.

For the most part the set is great, my only complaints are that the armor is missing the black wash of the first release and that the weathering on the armor seem's to have been done haphazardly on both my Hudson's shin armor. Both of these are easy fixes though.

On another forum I read someone mention "gummy" weapons (like Frosts Flamethrower) but all the weapons I received are fine. The weapon slings and the piece of armor that hangs from the back of the helmet are a softer plastic though, which works for those parts imo.

Besides the new flesh tone plastic I think the best part is Hudson's more accurate helmet. Even if they didn't paint his helmet band, I'm really glad they fixed all the other parts of it for this release.

I think the main reason people have complained about poor face paint is due to the fact that these guys come in the new flesh colored plastic. quirks in the paint of the eye's and other area's can be more easily seen on it than the previous releases, but I got mine online via Toys R' Us and only got one head with eye's that seemed wonky.

Vark_

Vark_

Indeed the re-release of the series 1 grunts brings a few differences, I notice the faces changed somehow (especially Hicks, with his frown and what looks like a stubble beard paint).
But don't you think this "plastic" looking skin is actually made on purpose, so that they look sweaty ?

Noticed this on my Vasquez figure, looks great IMO.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I prefer the new version's skin colored plastic to the old version. Not that there's anything wrong with the old versions (I'll still be using the old versions for customs), but this does look a lot better and they don't look as "off" when you stand them with Vaz.

Otter

Otter

Mine have arrived too.  I really like them in-hand.  I was a bit worried by the close-up pics I'd seen online, it made the heads look a little... cheap?

My only problem is that my helmeted Hicks' head is a little cross-eyed.  Since I have both previous releases, I was thinking about trying to remove the helmet and put it on the un-helmeted head.  Anyone have any success doing this, and if so, any tips?  I don't mind detroying the head that is currently in the helmet.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

I just dremeled out the little post that are left when you pop off the helmet and they both look great. I'm not really a fan of the screaming heads, so I'm happy to have helmeted normal versions of these guys.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Otter

Otter

have you posted a pic anywhere?  I'd love to see how it looks.

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Quote from: Otter on Apr 22, 2017, 01:02:31 AM
have you posted a pic anywhere?  I'd love to see how it looks.

I used a flathead and pried up around the sides popping the glue then dremeled the peg like Mister Skeezler. I don't like he screaming heads either so I'm using them for customs. I know they were going for a certain scene with Game Over Hudson but I honestly wish he had a more neutral expression.

Otter

Otter

Awesome!  Thanks heaps, it looks great.

I really like that you didn't have to pare down the neutral head to get the helmet to fit.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Sorry Otter, just noticed your comment, but it looks like sir_bobos took care of it. I really like having the option to put the helmets on the neutral heads, and it makes me want more marine figures.

I'm planning on using the older Hicks and Hudson figures to make some other, generic marines.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Alien Day figure from Neca is Kenner Vasquez, just a heads up!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Only available to Club Members though. Will probably make it's way onto wider release at some point like the Ripley figure last year.

https://thenecastore.com/collections/neca-club-x-alien/products/aliens-7-scale-action-figure-alien-day-vasquez

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I would have preferred Kenner Hicks, but I hope that ends up being a wide release. I missed signing up for the alien club by a day.

Corporal Hicks

El Diablo

El Diablo

I got my order in the mail today! Vasquez is looking good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed