Alien 5 Delayed "Pending" Alien: Paradise Lost

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2015, 01:45:05 AM

Author
Alien 5 Delayed "Pending" Alien: Paradise Lost (Read 53,382 times)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 23, 2015, 10:33:18 AM
And you surmised this from a small synopsis?

Nah. We don't know enough about either film to make those sort of assumptions yet.

Pretty much this.

We'll learn more in the upcoming months.

CainsSon

CainsSon

With regards to the introduction of new things. In truth, Ive been disappointed with this aspect of the franchise more than Ive been happy with it.
The Queen was cool. The Dog-Alien, I loved. The stuff in A:R I liked, in concept, alone. The Newborn looked bad, Ripley 8 was cool if she was actually weirder and not shoehorned into being an Action-hero, the clones were cool (I really wanted to see what was cut out of Ripley 7), I hated the amphibian webbed feet on the xenos, the Predalien looked cool but made zero sense, the Engineers in the beginning of Prometheus are cool but once they wear those suits and have glowing holograms coming out of the Giger-esque tech, I hate them. Also, their suits would have been cool if they actually merged with their flesh and I got to see that, the snakes were cool, the Fifield-mutation was lame, the Trilobyte sucked, and the deacon was too big when it chest-bursted from the Engineer, it didn't look right coming out. I wish we had never seen a chest-burster in Prometheus at all. However, I liked it (the Deacon and Prometheus) overall.

stroggificated

stroggificated

And when they finally start making Alien 5 in maybe 2025, Weaver or/and Biehn die at a heart attack before the first day. f**king typical it would be  :D

I just can't take all of this mess seriously anymore  ;D

Elmazalman

I'm very happy we got two classics and one decent film out of this series,that's enough for me.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: stroggificated on Nov 28, 2015, 05:40:11 PM
And when they finally start making Alien 5 in maybe 2025, Weaver or/and Biehn die at a heart attack before the first day. f**king typical it would be  :D

I just can't take all of this mess seriously anymore  ;D
:D

keymillo

Why scott is doing this? Alien 5 could be amazing movie and his Alien: Paradise Lost will be the same ridiculous and stupid as Prometheus.
Scott I hate you . I want Alien 5 with Weaver and Biehn !!!!

Corporal Hicks

There's nothing to really indicate how good Alien 3.2 would be yet. Let's give them time so we can get actual information.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: keymillo on Dec 01, 2015, 08:10:11 PM
Why scott is doing this? Alien 5 could be amazing movie and his Alien: Paradise Lost will be the same ridiculous and stupid as Prometheus.

I think it was Fox that wants to do Prometheus 2 first. Alien 5 is a curse. Everytime someone wants to make Alien 5, it ends up never happening. I remember Cameron wanted to Alien 5, but Fox want to AVP instead.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 03, 2015, 09:08:18 PM

I think it was Fox that wants to do Prometheus 2 first. Alien 5 is a curse. Everytime someone wants to make Alien 5, it ends up never happening. I remember Cameron wanted to Alien 5, but Fox want to AVP instead.

Because it is always somebody trying to take on the project all by themselves instead of letting others bring in their own unique talents and have multiple people working together as a team to make it happen without snags.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Dec 05, 2015, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 03, 2015, 09:08:18 PM

Because it is always somebody trying to take on the project all by themselves instead of letting others bring in their own unique talents and have multiple people working together as a team to make it happen without snags.
You can also run into the snag of "too many hands in the pie" and delay a project because no one can agree on anything.

Corporal Hicks

I think the best case scenario here is that Scott and Blomkamp bounce really well off each other. I think it's good to have a guiding hand looking over the franchise but we really need Scott to be on point.

What they both really need is a strong writer to work alongside them.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think if the movie comes out late then it could still do well. Mad Max 4 and Rambo 4 both did well for sequels release decades later. I think if the word of mouth is good and the marketing is good then people will still be up for another Alien movie with Ripley.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I hope it gets delayed out of existence. Just felt cheesy and fanish to begin with, and the whole idea to ignore A3 and A:R is just cheap and lazy. Made it feel like yet another Alien franchise video game, novel or comic with no bearing.

With that said I really hope we will get a "proper" ALIEN Alien movie with Alien Covenant (Alien: Paradise Lost).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know you're vehemently against the idea of a retcon - I'm not too fussed myself - but it's far too early to meaningfully judge the quality of the film based on that one dislike.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 12, 2015, 07:22:42 AM
I think if the movie comes out late then it could still do well. Mad Max 4 and Rambo 4 both did well for sequels release decades later. I think if the word of mouth is good and the marketing is good then people will still be up for another Alien movie with Ripley.

Mad Max 4 is also a good example of a film that was stuck in development hell for literally decades and yet was not only eventually made but also turned out magnificently.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed