Robert Rodriguez's 1996 Predators Script - AvPGalaxy Podcast #36

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 31, 2016, 05:29:39 PM

Author
Robert Rodriguez's 1996 Predators Script - AvPGalaxy Podcast #36 (Read 15,479 times)

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2016, 08:39:07 PM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 01, 2016, 04:46:03 PM
Yeah, it's stupid, but sadly not the worst script I've read. I do pity the unsuspecting soul I sic that script on though. :laugh: Do you guys have anymore script based episodes coming up? Chances are I already have them in the to read pile.

Nah, don't pity them! It's a fun read.  ;D I plan on doing any of the scripts that are sufficiently different enough. They're not scheduled in but I want to do a Gibson episode and a Ward episode at some point too.

The Gibson one sounds like it should end up being pretty interesting.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2016, 02:20:59 PM
I continue to love and enjoy the Predators we got and I think the elements Antal and Litvak and Finch chose to use were the more interesting from RRs and good calls. I do think they could have done more with them - like the whole XT angle, the preserve and etc. I would give so much to actually see the Predator hunt or fight with some sort of none capital A alien.

My disliking of the PREDATORS film aside... I kind of have to agree with you there, although my feelings towards the movie do remain but in this case... I'm willing to cast them aside. It could've been worse. I mean... the whole gladiator idea, the whole Predator King idea was just dumb, everything about the script was dumb. A lot of people might not think I give PREDATORS much credit, and they'd be right.. but in this instance... thankfully the movie was not enough to push me away from the franchise entirely. Had Rodriguez got his way... Oh, it would've made me madder.

PRJ_since1990

Another great episode. I recently read the script myself earlier this year and what a mess it is. I do hope you'll continue to make pods about the various available scripts from the various movies! I think this is the first one where I am generally happier with the finished film than the initial script. I would much prefer the script versions of Alien Engineers and AVP The Hunt Begins.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 02, 2016, 10:50:24 PM
I do hope you'll continue to make pods about the various available scripts from the various movies! I think this is the first one where I am generally happier with the finished film than the initial script. I would much prefer the script versions of Alien Engineers and AVP The Hunt Begins.

I definitely intend to. There's quite a lot of gold to be had in Alien 3. I had a completely new appreciation for Alien 3 after I read those early scripts for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Gibson's second draft (not the first) and Twohy's but otherwise...I shudder at the thought of Ward's.

HuDaFuK

And Eric Red's "masterpiece" :laugh:

Murfy426

Well that script was..... interesting to say the least well done guys for not breaking down in tears of laughter while reading through it.

KiramidHead

I think if my podcast ever gets any hate comments, I'll quote this script: "If you don't quit bitchin', I'll give ya the dick!"

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2016, 07:34:13 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 02, 2016, 10:50:24 PM
I do hope you'll continue to make pods about the various available scripts from the various movies! I think this is the first one where I am generally happier with the finished film than the initial script. I would much prefer the script versions of Alien Engineers and AVP The Hunt Begins.

I definitely intend to. There's quite a lot of gold to be had in Alien 3 and that is one where you'll be prefer the finished film. I had a completely new appreciation for Alien 3 after I read those early scripts for the first time. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Gibson's second draft (not the first) and Twohy's but otherwise...I shudder at the thought of Ward's.
Yes I do seem to remember something to that extent being said before, probably by you no less.

Do let us know which one you will be going over (or which ones) so I can read them in preparation! Thanks!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 03, 2016, 08:47:36 AM
And Eric Red's "masterpiece" :laugh:

I shudder to think about that one too.  :laugh:

Quote from: Murfy426 on Jun 04, 2016, 07:23:38 PM
Well that script was..... interesting to say the least well done guys for not breaking down in tears of laughter while reading through it.

We were close at the end!  :P

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 04, 2016, 07:27:06 PM
I think if my podcast ever gets any hate comments, I'll quote this script: "If you don't quit bitchin', I'll give ya the dick!"

It's just such a goldmine! They should use this as an example at film schools.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 05, 2016, 03:34:24 AM
Do let us know which one you will be going over (or which ones) so I can read them in preparation! Thanks!

I'll try and make sure I mention it before we do!  :)

XenoHunter99

It was an entertaining discussion. Good job, as always. I looked briefly at the script, but see no point to actually reading it through. I think I got the gist from the podcast. :D

Prez

Great pod. Thoroughly enjoyed it but man how utterly batsh*t crazy is that script.

Corporal Hicks

One of the craziest I've read for the series.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed