"Doesn't Everyone Want Their Parents Dead?" Prometheus 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #147

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2022, 04:44:41 PM

Author
"Doesn't Everyone Want Their Parents Dead?" Prometheus 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #147 (Read 19,135 times)

David Weyland

David Weyland

The cut on Walter's right cheek from the fight is the hint given(That flew over most peoples heads) emphasised by the stapling of the scar scene with Daniels and its prominent stitches shown is the strongest indication that David uploaded into Walter by force or by Walter choosing to reign in hell, making in my sense of it a covenant with David.

Corporal Hicks

The thing is Walter should't need staples. He has auto-healing. I took that from my very first viewing to be that it was David's body because it hadn't repaired itself like we saw his earlier wounds do.

SiL

But then that should've been a major red flag to the other characters.

David Weyland

David Weyland

And his hand didn't make an effort to repair itself either.
The whole lead up to the fight has David trying to persuade Walter to turn.
The upload makes better sense

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: David Weyland on Jul 25, 2022, 08:38:13 AMAnd his hand didn't make an effort to repair itself either.
The whole lead up to the fight has David trying to persuade Walter to turn.
The upload makes better sense

The film shows us Walter healing a smaller wound to his "skin" and makes a point of "there's been a few upgrades". I've always found the upload idea to be convoluted than him simply pretending.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 25, 2022, 07:51:28 AMBut then that should've been a major red flag to the other characters.

That's fair and I've no answer to that outside of "stress of the situation." It's just the way I've always read how the film presented the situation.

OmegaZilla

this is going into 'feats' and as far as regen feats go Walter has only been shown to recover from relatively minor damage that is not intrinsically structural

David Weyland

Been here before with this many times but the amount of off screen time between Daniels and Lope waiting for Tennessee and 'Walter' turning up to join them is minimal, 5 minutes at best.

Despite what Ridley says about it that he cheated(To throw us off the scent perhaps?) the physical switch and all that entailed in the time from one scene to the next just doesn't make sense at all.

The upload theory carries well (Interesting that the new tv series is going to expand upon this idea)right through perhaps in theory to fellow Perfect Organism lover Ash

Kradan

I would like to point out that androids capable of performing various tasks much faster than humans (see Bishop's knife trick)

David Weyland

Checklist:
Kill Walter
Change clothes
Replicate cuts(Actually he had no need to as nobody saw Walter's face get cut except David thus furthering upload theory)
Acid burn hand off
Go back to lair, swallow embryos
Kiss Elizabeth Shaw goodbye
Catch up with the others

In 30 minutes sure, in 5 even at Bishop speed, no.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: David Weyland on Jul 25, 2022, 05:23:00 PMGo back to lair, swallow embryos
Kiss Elizabeth Shaw goodbye

I can argue he did both of these things beforehand

Quote from: David Weyland on Jul 25, 2022, 05:23:00 PMAcid burn hand off

I thought Walter's hand was bitten off by Neo, not burnt off. All David needed to do is to find a way to 'lose" his hand. Conveniently, there was a knife laying nearby ...

David Weyland

It did bite his hand off but it was sizzling

Then in the staple the scar scene the end of his arm is like a burnt stub

judge death

Problem here is: those creatures dont have acid for blood, so walters hand wasnt burnt off/acid damage. Also when oram killed one of them it didnt either leak acid. Them not having acid for blood is According to the book released together with covenant.

BlueMarsalis79

It still sizzles after being dismembered, being fused and cauterized, so they certainly have acidic salvia.

David Weyland

The acid blood element was present in Prometheus with the Hammerpede creature spawned from the worms with the black goo.
Therefore I figured the neomorphs would too have some element of it

Even so, the cut of the hand doesn't look it was chopped off with a knife-Be bleeding white no then?
It appears burnt or blown off, in this case the Neo's bite so therefore to me adds to reason David is in Walter's body

judge death

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 26, 2022, 10:19:01 AMIt still sizzles after being dismembered, being fused and cauterized, so they certainly have acidic salvia.
I think you are right on that, the book dont say anything about it so its fully possible, and from what we see in the movie as well. No acidic blood but very acidic saliva in their mouths.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed