"Doesn't Everyone Want Their Parents Dead?" Prometheus 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #147

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 15, 2022, 04:44:41 PM

Author
"Doesn't Everyone Want Their Parents Dead?" Prometheus 10th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #147 (Read 18,640 times)

Kradan

Btw, nothing wrong about some android kung-fu

Still Collating...

Really enjoyed the podcast guys! It was fun seeing Omega so enthralled! :laugh: I enjoy Prometheus a lot more now than I did before, and the RPG has done wonders to integrate it into the world, but I do agree with all of the mentioned criticisms. I would've liked to hear more about your opinions on the medpod scene, Deacon design and Fifield practical zombie vs CGI grey ET. But still, very fun IMO. Can't wait to see Omega unleashed for The Predator one day.  :laugh: 

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 22, 2022, 05:39:07 AMBtw, nothing wrong about some android kung-fu
Imma tell the mods

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 22, 2022, 01:03:24 PMReally enjoyed the podcast guys! It was fun seeing Omega so enthralled! :laugh: I enjoy Prometheus a lot more now than I did before, and the RPG has done wonders to integrate it into the world, but I do agree with all of the mentioned criticisms. I would've liked to hear more about your opinions on the medpod scene, Deacon design and Fifield practical zombie vs CGI grey ET. But still, very fun IMO. Can't wait to see Omega unleashed for The Predator one day.  :laugh: 
That you will!

I'm thinking of doing something Prometheus related that's not me going secular fanboy over it but we'll see how it's gonna go

oduodu

i agree with most of what has been said about prometheus. i just wanted people to be aware that if you compare spaihts and lindelof's drafts alot of the illogical stuff was deliberately inserted.

justsayin....

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty much. And most stuff cut ended up in Alien Covenant later.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 22, 2022, 02:38:56 PMI'm thinking of doing something Prometheus related that's not me going secular fanboy over it but we'll see how it's gonna go

Great! 8)  Also looking forward to your thoughts on Prey and the new Predator design.

judge death

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 22, 2022, 12:20:19 AMI will concede if you convince me Oram's death is somehow justifiable within the context of the movie
or why no one questions why david is mimicking (and then maaaaybe replacing) walter
Only theory I have is Oram thought David was just like Walther and cant allow a human to be hurt and trusted him which is strange after what he saw David do... I guess its more Ridley thing and he wanted to do some religious point....

I dont remember David trying to mimmic Walther at all with the crew until at the end when David is disapointed in Walther and takes him out and then what he tried to do with Daniels and kissing before Walther comes back and Walther was beating David as she left.

How David could get his haircut and same color within seconds is another question and removing one of his arms.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: judge death on Jul 23, 2022, 03:09:44 PMOnly theory I have is Oram thought David was just like Walther and cant allow a human to be hurt and trusted him which is strange after what he saw David do... I guess its more Ridley thing and he wanted to do some religious point...
yep, so, kinda terribly scripted. It would've been so easy to add an insert shot of some sort of gas entering Oram thru the nose (same way the spores entered the guys) but what gives?

Quote from: judge death on Jul 23, 2022, 03:09:44 PMI dont remember David trying to mimmic Walther at all with the crew until at the end when David is disapointed in Walther and takes him out and then what he tried to do with Daniels and kissing before Walther comes back and Walther was beating David as she left.

How David could get his haircut and same color within seconds is another question and removing one of his arms.
He literally cut his hair to pull the stunt and he does so relatively early, so that doesn't work

the walter switch is easier: he uploaded himself into walter's body

BlueMarsalis79

I believe there was both cut scenes of the lavender drugging Oram and David leaning over it to display the safety of it.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 23, 2022, 06:31:34 PMHe literally cut his hair to pull the stunt and he does so relatively early, so that doesn't work

the walter switch is easier: he uploaded himself into walter's body
You are correct there that after he spoke to the communication people setting up their antenna radio thing, he cut his hair, but like some female friends, they look different:
(Yes, I rewatched covenant to be sure I dont remember it wrong xD )

David:

Walter:

But yeah you are right he do it rather quick and one would suspect it being weird and one should be worried about but I noticed:
Its only Oram and Daniels who see him with the new haircut, rest of the crew dont see him after the first encounter.
But even then him with long hair and being same design as Walter they should had started to be worried those two might be hard to keep track of who is who.

Oram is as he is and fails to realise things and as we saw him: naively believing David, most likely thinking he is just like Walter and no need to be worried and trusting what David is saying.

Daniel did raise some concern and sensing something is wrong and was worried and tells Walter, who says: I will have a talk with my brother.

Rest of covenant crew had no idea.

Oh holy damn! You are genious, I havent even thought about that, nor have I seen any reviewers or people here coming up with that idea that David just uploaded himself into Walters body, that explains the mouth injury, arm, and the hair. Everyone I know so far has been like: David defeated Walter, then took his clothes, fixed the hair and made self injury to the mouth to look like Walter.
Well spotted and great idea, love it. :D

Kradan

Quote from: judge death on Jul 24, 2022, 01:36:43 AMOh holy damn! You are genious, I havent even thought about that, nor have I seen any reviewers or people here coming up with that idea that David just uploaded himself into Walters body, that explains the mouth injury, arm, and the hair.

Really ? I  thought it was quite popular fan theory

judge death

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 24, 2022, 01:40:03 AMReally ? I  thought it was quite popular fan theory
Yes! I probably missed it if it was brought up on the forum before, most reactions I´ve seen has been like this person in this review, I time stamped it so dont have to watch whole thing:
https://youtu.be/iBNV1QqConw?t=2595

Gotta love when one find new info and ones mind just explodes and I wonder how I didnt thought of that was an option. :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah I'm quite far from being a genius, the upload thing is a popular fan theory... and the only explanation that makes a lick of sense in the context of the movie

Daniels DOES see David with the new haircut - when he molests her. She should've been wary of the similarities between the two, but you can chalk that up to stress (I guess? Doesn't really do the trick for me, not at that point). Oram is of course the worst offender. Again assuming David as the old kind of Hammer Horror villain (a sorcerer-like character), the movie (which is supposedly a clever one that takes itself seriously) should've given the audience the tiniest bit of visual info about some sort of spore-gas or whatever that drugged the crew. Hell, David could've blown it into their faces - imagine him blowing a poison kiss to Oram, like the devil

also I'm talking to judge death on an Alien forum lemme go find some 2000AD comics, mmm NECROPOLIS!

judge death

Yep! At that stage of the movie it dont make sense Daniels just trust Walter/David syntetic without even thnking that it could be David all along, she never saw Walter win the fight/how it ended.
She should been paranoid after what happened and made tests to check if its Walter or not, especielly how her personality was shown earlier in the movie. For us audience it wouldnt work no matter, we would always suspect this would happen.

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 24, 2022, 07:47:50 AMalso I'm talking to judge death on an Alien forum lemme go find some 2000AD comics, mmm NECROPOLIS!
Hehehe! A person with great taste I see. That or The four dark judges or judge death lives are the best comics with judge death. :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: judge death on Jul 24, 2022, 08:01:12 AMYep! At that stage of the movie it dont make sense Daniels just trust Walter/David syntetic without even thnking that it could be David all along, she never saw Walter win the fight/how it ended.
She should been paranoid after what happened and made tests to check if its Walter or not, especielly how her personality was shown earlier in the movie. For us audience it wouldnt work no matter, we would always suspect this would happen.
Indeed. The movie (again, since it wants to be clever) lacks crucial script info

Quote from: judge death on Jul 24, 2022, 08:01:12 AMHehehe! A person with great taste I see. That or The four dark judges or judge death lives are the best comics with judge death. :D
YES! The original run with all four is my favourite. JUDGE MORTIS!

They also did this movie, Split Second, where the monster is pretty much Judge Death in an Alien disguise (even kills people by ripping their hearts off):

also stars Rutger Hauer. Defo recommended!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed