Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM

Author
Aliens: Resistance (Defiance sequel) (Read 70,886 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Maybe I'm being cynical but is this whole thing a big contrived waste,
which retroactively hurt Defiance and Isolation's stories, am I alone in this feeling?

Russ840

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 02, 2019, 03:54:16 PM
which retroactively hurt Defiance and Isolation's stories, am I alone in this feeling?

Im definitely not onboard this series. I do not think I'll be get Rescue and that is the first time I have ever ruled out an Aliens series.

I find it stale and eventless.

Nostromo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2019, 11:54:10 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 09, 2019, 10:35:54 AM
Bringing back
Spoiler
Bellybursters was a little silly for me, too much of a reminder of Requiem and just like that film there is multiple bellybursters per host. Three in one guy and then the other two kill one of their own.
[close]

Yeah, not a fan of that. I don't need the reminders of Requiem.  :-X

That was
Spoiler
a pretty big cliff-hanger. If you look behind them they deployed some sort of device. Maybe the same thing they crashed in? I mean we know Zula has to survive to be in Prototype.
[close]

Spoiler
They went bellyburster in this? Shiet.. ???.
[close]

Still Collating...

I don't really dislike what they've done so far, but it does not feel engaging or exciting, it just leaves me with a meh feeling. Discarding the obvious good entries like Dead Orbit, Defiance, I enjoyed and find more memorable both FaS and Dust to Dust as of now...

The Old One

The Old One

I agree, although F&S is memorable for all the wrong reasons, whereas although Dust To Dust isn't perfect, it does so much right. Pity it falls at the last hurdle, as Defiance does.

Dead Orbit's still top dog.

Whos_Nick

Kradan

Agreed. However i'm not a big fan of Defiance too.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Jun 03, 2019, 08:43:34 PM
Got to interview Brian Wood about his Aliens work, and a little about the upcoming Rescue.

https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-comic-book-writer-brian-wood-talks-to-us-about-aliens-defiance-aliens-resistance-and-aliens-rescue/

Did we know about the Ripley thing before? I can't recall.

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 03, 2019, 08:51:59 PM

Agreed. However i'm not a big fan of Defiance too.

I came around a lot to Defiance in the end. It was a much better experience reading through in one or two sittings rather than a per issue thing.

SM

SM

QuoteDid we know about the Ripley thing before? I can't recall.

Not that I'm aware of.  However the way Tristan tells it, there's a few other ideas they tried that didn't work out.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm sure Kradan's read the whole thing over at once at this juncture.

Still Collating...

Interesting interview...

Kradan

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 04, 2019, 10:15:16 AM

Yeah, I've read Defiance through once and can't recall much from it. Let's see, there was female marine with spine issue. Likeable Working Joe-like android. Alien queen. Some pirates. Oh, and some xenos were drawn really cool. Apart from this nothing else unfortunately.

The Old One

The Old One

Maybe it'll all be more cohesive as one larger story, Defiance, Resistance, Rescue etcetera.

SM

SM

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 04, 2019, 09:24:12 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jun 04, 2019, 10:15:16 AM

Yeah, I've read Defiance through once and can't recall much from it. Let's see, there was female marine with spine issue. Likeable Working Joe-like android. Alien queen. Some pirates. Oh, and some xenos were drawn really cool. Apart from this nothing else unfortunately.

So you recall most of it then.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh boy the Pirates, missed opportunity for a really visually (and perhaps otherwise) creative new adversary.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed