DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 75,739 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I place it before Dead Orbit, which is explicitly set a bit later in the period between A3 and AR (2289 or something).

My thoughts on the order of recent series:

1. Life and Death has Weyland-Yutani starting a big push for new colonies with the New Worlds initiative.
2. Flash forward to Dust to Dust, where one of said colonies is starting to fail, hence the terrible decision that starts the outbreak.
3 Dead Orbit has an offhand mention of how the outer colonies went "tits up."

I don't think it's an international thing, but the overall arc works. WY aggressively expanded, got overextended, and then started to fail before losing their FTL contracts and getting suppressed by the USM.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't include those terrible crossover comics, so I'm just keeping them (The standalones) in order of release, after the Alien Trilogy until further notice. Although I think you may be right about the Colonies went "Tits up." Inferring a timeline, I don't think that's wholly correct. As it would mean then that if that was a reference to Dust To Dust all Colonies went "Tits up." Because of the Alien, and I don't find that likely.

I just think it means that W-Y's expansionist Golden Age is over, leading in to Resurrection.

426Buddy

The colony in dust to dust was failing before the alien infestation.

Ultramorph

That's what I mean, it was failing as part of the larger failure of colonies in that period.

426Buddy

Yeah i gotcha, i was responding to Old Ones
QuoteInferring a timeline, I don't think that's wholly correct. As it would mean then that if that was a reference to Dust To Dust all Colonies went "Tits up." Because of the Alien, and I don't find that likely.

The Old One

The Old One

So... Dust To Dust then Dead Orbit, then?

Ultramorph

Yeah that's how I order them.

Corporal Hicks

Dead Orbit was set in 2295 which over a hundred years after the events of Aliens/3. I'm fairly sure it was actually pretty close to the supposed Big Deletion.

Ultramorph

The Big Hand Wave!  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I don't blame them, it's difficult to write around Resurrection. The WYR had the right idea, just say "f**k it. The Company and everything you like about the things in the first three Alien films are back after Resurrection's Auriga failure- it's as if it never happened."

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 25, 2019, 06:59:10 PM
I don't blame them, it's difficult to write around Resurrection. The WYR had the right idea, just say "f**k it. The Company and everything you like about the things in the first three Alien films are back after Resurrection's Auriga failure- it's as if it never happened."

Or they could go with the quasi-UPP angle and just say the company never left in the first place.

The Old One

The Old One

Correct, perhaps they should do.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature/reviews/aliens-dust-to-dust/

My review. We should be recording a podcast later this week too.

Xiggz456

Always a pleasure reading your reviews Hicks and this one was no exception. I actually gave the series a reread over the weekend so good timing on the review haha. I find myself enjoying the art more and more. So much movement and atmosphere within every panel. They may take longer to produce, but the single artist/author/creator really adds a cohesion that I for one am all for.

SM

SM

I finally got round to getting issue 4 for this, and it's a very solid book.

Bit of a howler with the 'Mom' Alien regrowing an arm in one panel, but little else to fault.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed