Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,811 times)

Corporal Hicks

Ive got a bunch of pictures too. Already put some up on my Twitter, will put the rest up later and get a little article done. Im at an Attack Wing tournament today so will be this evening.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_CorporalHicks

Blacklabel

Nice pics.. anyone have an idea of where one can get this cool battlefield?  :o

Elicas

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-modular-terrain

It's the £78 'HULK' add-on, pledge £1 and add the extra £77 for this set. It was made specifically for the AvP kickstarter going by comments on the KS.

I've got both pledged :)

Blacklabel

Noice! thanks for the info :)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2013, 09:27:52 AM
Ive got a bunch of pictures too. Already put some up on my Twitter, will put the rest up later and get a little article done. Im at an Attack Wing tournament today so will be this evening.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_CorporalHicks

Argh, I'm not on Twitter. Can't wait for your article later though. :)

As for that terrain, as nice as it is, I can't justify spending money on cardboard terrain ever again... New Zealand is just too damp, and I can't exactly afford well maintained flats.  :-\

[cancerblack]

53 hours to go on the KickStarter. Who else is actually in on it?

Praetorian is looking good, plus it seems like I'll be getting two now!

Xenomrph

I donated at the "Real Aliens Ain't From Mars" level. I think that'll be enough to get me at least one each of all the add-ons I want, without breaking the bank. :)

Also fun fact: their "concept art" for the Young Blood Predators is actually the campaign ending screen for the Predator campaign in the AvP Evolution mobile game. :P

[cancerblack]

I'm in at the "Payback Time" level. I reckon I'll spend my open addons and extras on Warriors and sentry guns, mostly. With the free Praetorian goal breached, I'm unsure weather to get two and a Predalien or just the free one and a Queen.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 26, 2013, 11:46:33 PM
I donated at the "Real Aliens Ain't From Mars" level. I think that'll be enough to get me at least one each of all the add-ons I want, without breaking the bank. :)

That's what I did. The extras are useful since I would have wanted those anyways! Can't wait for this. The queen is almost unlocked!

[cancerblack]

She's here:

PRJ_since1990

Sadly I don't think we'll get to 2000 backers for another add-on.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Nov 28, 2013, 01:58:54 AM
Sadly I don't think we'll get to 2000 backers for another add-on.

Of course we will! Predator Ship already unlocked, Dog Catchers already unlocked, Double-sided tiles are just a bit away, and still 2 hours to go! He'll yeah!

EDIT: We've passed 2000 backers, and are less than 8K from the Double-sided map tiles goal. Can you guess which AVPG member is spending his Thanksgiving off watching the KS page?

PRJ_since1990

Funny, you're not the only one! I watched it right up to the very end!

Mr. Domino

I spent way too much money on this...but I'm getting at least one of everything, which I just had to do. Circumstances providing, I will continue to do so as they expand the line in the future.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Agreed. And from the sound of it, you got way more than I did! Don't feel bad man! We all have our hobbies, we should be able to enjoy them. There's always time to spend money on things we have to, but not always on things we want to. Besides, this is a limited edition worth of stuff! It'll be worth it. The game sounds like a ton of fun. Just hope it's not too overly complicated. I don't mind learning but those I intend to teach might! Thus why I made sure to budget the rulebook in. Much easier to reference than a PDF.

I haven't personally finalized my choices but I'm pretty sure I want the rulebook, Queen, Crusher, and Young Bloods while getting the Predalien, Praetorian, Warriors, Facehuggers and Eggs for free. Also threw in an extra £15 for either the Power loader, Predator tiles, or an extra set of Marines. Haven't decided yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed