Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 49,208 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Jun 15, 2018, 04:31:52 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 14, 2018, 08:37:58 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Jun 14, 2018, 08:17:14 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 14, 2018, 03:42:47 PM
"Borgs" armor wasn't very tribal either

The armor itself wasn't really, but the overall design had its tribal touches. Same with Anytime.

Its in the details, but this new armour doesn't feel original, not in the sense as it's not like from previous movies, but lacks original ideas.

Yea, it can be said that it's for more serious and/or military type scenarios, and previous movies ony showed preds "having fun", but then it makes the first 2 movies lose credit.

Also, if hybridization is the main goal, so now no trophies and such... it makes the creature lose its background.

Why hybridization would prevent them from taking trophies ? We don't know yet if in the trailer they are talking about the whole species regarding hybridization, and Black has said on twitter that it wasn't the whole species that attempts hybridization.

And let's be honest, a pred can hunt for dna AND for pride at the same time, i don't see anything wrong with that.

Preds can hunt for both, I agree. To be frank, I am not a great fan of the whole eu honor idea, the more times I watched the movies, I found it dumb, altogether with the whole society is built upon it. (nonetheless I enjoy reading novels and books just for fun)

I didn't say hybridization and taking trophies are opposite, they can go hand in hand. I'm just saying that the idea makes the creature lose its background, when not treated as an addition, but basics. The "earlier" predators (talking about only predator movies, no avp) had a visible attachement to their trophies, something that presented their affection toward the actions they performed and were about to perform.

If this visibility/feeling is lacking in the new ones, it leaves them with the hybridization goal (and inner feuds as seen in the trailer) The hunt and its importance seems to be lacking. And of course, it can be said that so many years have passed, they changed their ways too. Yes, but then again, the background built up in former movies begin to fade.

I'm not crying about this movie trying sg new and fres, I like that. I just hope that the new design and ideas won't try wash away eariler ones, but try to harmonize with them, I really want this movie to be good.

But this new design makes me feel otherwise.

Well i can say i agree with you overall  ;)

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 15, 2018, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Jun 15, 2018, 04:31:52 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 14, 2018, 08:37:58 PM
Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Jun 14, 2018, 08:17:14 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 14, 2018, 03:42:47 PM
"Borgs" armor wasn't very tribal either

The armor itself wasn't really, but the overall design had its tribal touches. Same with Anytime.

Its in the details, but this new armour doesn't feel original, not in the sense as it's not like from previous movies, but lacks original ideas.

Yea, it can be said that it's for more serious and/or military type scenarios, and previous movies ony showed preds "having fun", but then it makes the first 2 movies lose credit.

Also, if hybridization is the main goal, so now no trophies and such... it makes the creature lose its background.

Why hybridization would prevent them from taking trophies ? We don't know yet if in the trailer they are talking about the whole species regarding hybridization, and Black has said on twitter that it wasn't the whole species that attempts hybridization.

And let's be honest, a pred can hunt for dna AND for pride at the same time, i don't see anything wrong with that.

Preds can hunt for both, I agree. To be frank, I am not a great fan of the whole eu honor idea, the more times I watched the movies, I found it dumb, altogether with the whole society is built upon it. (nonetheless I enjoy reading novels and books just for fun)

I didn't say hybridization and taking trophies are opposite, they can go hand in hand. I'm just saying that the idea makes the creature lose its background, when not treated as an addition, but basics. The "earlier" predators (talking about only predator movies, no avp) had a visible attachement to their trophies, something that presented their affection toward the actions they performed and were about to perform.

If this visibility/feeling is lacking in the new ones, it leaves them with the hybridization goal (and inner feuds as seen in the trailer) The hunt and its importance seems to be lacking. And of course, it can be said that so many years have passed, they changed their ways too. Yes, but then again, the background built up in former movies begin to fade.

I'm not crying about this movie trying sg new and fres, I like that. I just hope that the new design and ideas won't try wash away eariler ones, but try to harmonize with them, I really want this movie to be good.

But this new design makes me feel otherwise.

Well i can say i agree with you overall  ;)

Thanks  :) Let's just hope for the best!

St_Eddie

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj68Hrdj_hQ/?tagged=cineeurope

The Predator - Sponsored by Fosters

He even has a ring pull tab for his mouth!

PredBabe

Quote from: The Snipes on Jun 15, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
This movie is going to be awesome. He doesn't look like Cyrax, he looks like a cop for Predators.

Policing the galaxies. I like this idea of a "cop" predator.  :laugh:

OpenMaw

The Enforcers from Bad Blood basically.

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 16, 2018, 05:22:05 PM
Just more standardised armor from what we know right now. Although my bet is still on a certain tribe ór it being a human hybrid.

OpenMaw

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 16, 2018, 06:02:46 PM
Just more standardised armor from what we know right now. Although my bet is still on a certain tribe ór it being a human hybrid.

I'm actually totally cool with the Predator Space Police having a different look to the original Predators, as long as you can still identify the Predator in the design(which you can). In Bad Blood the Enforcers were basically just the P1 design with a new mask.

Assuming of course Captured is a space cop. I don't think anything in the early draft implies he is, just that he's
Spoiler
against Upgrade.
[close]

PredBabe

Haven't read it but I'm intrigued. Never got into comics in general though, I've read a couple AVP ones but wasn't that impressed as they never seem to have enough details for me.

OpenMaw

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 16, 2018, 07:01:17 PM

Haven't read it but I'm intrigued. Never got into comics in general though, I've read a couple AVP ones but wasn't that impressed as they never seem to have enough details for me.

Bad Blood.

Bad Blood being chased by Enforcers.

Enforcers aboard the starship Prederprise.

Ultramorph

My hope is that this Pred, if it is in the movie, is something like the Enforcers, showing up to rein things in at the end. Always loved the concept and design.

Wysps

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 16, 2018, 07:40:30 PM
My hope is that this Pred, if it is in the movie, is something like the Enforcers, showing up to rein things in at the end. Always loved the concept and design.

Same here.  I've always wanted to see them somehow involved in the movies.  There's a lot of untapped potential there.  They're also essentially just Classics with better gear (no mutations, hybridization, etc.) so the characters themselves are in line with the originals.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 16, 2018, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jun 16, 2018, 06:02:46 PM

I'm actually totally cool with the Predator Space Police having a different look to the original Predators, as long as you can still identify the Predator in the design(which you can). In Bad Blood the Enforcers were basically just the P1 design with a new mask.

Assuming of course Captured is a space cop. I don't think anything in the early draft implies he is, just that he's
Spoiler
against Upgrade.
[close]

Is that really Captured though, or another Predator that they may have added after the revisions?

OpenMaw

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 16, 2018, 08:33:29 PM
Is that really Captured though, or another Predator that they may have added after the revisions?

Nah, it's definitely Captured. The design is carrying over from what we see in the trailer. We know what the others look like thanks to the leaked set photos.

Thedutchpredator

I also love the idea of a cop predator I mean why the hell wouldn't they have a body that inforces and upholds their values. A fresh concept love it

SwineRider

I like that they do a fresh take, but I also expect a f**king feral Pred with bone decorations and shit

Actual Hybrid

Why am I even commenting on this?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed