AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: The Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 20, 2022, 04:18:50 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: The Predator (Read 10,008 times)

Crazy Rich

SiL

I always say the portrayal of autism in The Predator is akin to having a character who's a paraplegic in a wheelchair who gets up and runs when their condition would be inconvenient to the plot.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 01:41:52 AMI always say the portrayal of autism in The Predator is akin to having a character who's a paraplegic in a wheelchair who gets up and runs when their condition would be inconvenient to the plot.
oh you mean Morbius 2022

SiL

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Corporal Hicks

So out of interest - was the upload with the film audio of use to anyone?

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 27, 2022, 07:41:40 AMSo out of interest - was the upload with the film audio of use to anyone?

I didn't even know you did that honestly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 02:08:28 AMI honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
that's good, but in essence, you have a similar kind of "representation"

SiL

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2022, 08:09:40 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 02:08:28 AMI honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
that's good, but in essence, you have a similar kind of "representation"
... I do?

Or Morbius?

I'm sorry, I'm quite lost.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2022, 08:12:19 AM... I do?

Or Morbius?

I'm sorry, I'm quite lost.
it's good you haven't seen the movie so you have no idea what I'm talking about (I was making an elaborate joke I guess)

but in it, the main character is disabled, then he suddenly isn't, and there is absolutely zero recognition of this script-wise... as if the disability was just plot-convenient. Pred 2018 treats autism similarly.

It is worrisome that sometimes scripts like these pass thru all the tests and somehow they end up as films

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 27, 2022, 07:41:40 AMSo out of interest - was the upload with the film audio of use to anyone?

Yes! I was waiting until I listened to it to post. But I was going to say I was surprised you included it. I know you're against doing it but that's how a commentary should be. It helps find where you are in the movie which is especially important when you're listening to just audio.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 27, 2022, 08:30:50 AM

Yes! I was waiting until I listened to it to post. But I was going to say I was surprised you included it. I know you're against doing it but that's how a commentary should be. It helps find where you are in the movie which is especially important when you're listening to just audio.

Honestly I just thought it'd be more useful for the people who wanted to listen to it on the go.

SiL

Ooh, that's an option? Time to synch it to the movie and watch it

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Glad people are using that option, it's definitely the best way to have fun with the commentary

BlueMarsalis79

I just used the YT so I missed that completely.

Some Old Dude

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jun 27, 2022, 12:37:41 AM
Quote from: Some Old Dude on Jun 27, 2022, 12:34:01 AMI work in disability support and yeah it's is ridiculous, but I appreciated the attempt at positive portrayal, despite being bungled as idiotically as it was.
I mean was it even? All I could see in the movie was script-convenient hollywood autism.

I mean sadly anything above portraying people with autism as annoying overly pedantic nerds is them trying a positive approach in their minds (unfortunately). Again I can't stress idiotically bungled enough.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed