The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,856 times)

dallevalle

the problem with shane black directing is that this movie might as well be called a action/comedy and that dosen't fit for a predator movie
and to be fair most of he's movies are very average.

they should have brought back John McTiernan for this one.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think the problem is that a lot of fans have it in their head that a predator film has to be "this" or "that".

If it doesn't conform to their personal vision of what a predator film has to be, then its garbage.

I think its time for these films to move out of the ten little indians story structure.

dallevalle

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 17, 2018, 04:09:49 PM
I think the problem is that a lot of fans have it in their head that a predator film has to be "this" or "that".

If it doesn't conform to their personal vision of what a predator film has to be, then its garbage.

well the trailer surely dident help them out at all
it was god awful and if the trailers sucks there isent much hope for the movie itself.

MudButt

MudButt

I love Shane Black movies. But they are definitely Shane Black films. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and The Nice Guys are great movies. Iron Man 3 is a great Shane Black movie but a bad MCU movie because it was barely connected to the MCU, however it's still a pretty good flick.

Look, we are the hardcore fans of this franchise. Some of us like or even love some of the later bad films of each franchise. A big issue with the sequels is that directors keep trying to throw in homages to the originals and follow the same idea of prior films. Also, back when the AVP movies were being made Fox was notorious for being monsters during production and keeping directors and writers from doing anything that they felt wouldn't appeal to a mass audience.

Now we're with a Fox that has given us films like Logan, Deadpool, Kingsman, The Shape of Water, and the Planet of the Apes trilogy. They aren't perfect, they've made some bad movies recently but they are definitely taking risks on filmmakers now more than they were before. Perhaps a Shane Black Predator movie is exactly what we need to get this franchise back on track. Assuming it's a good movie.

Quote from: dallevalle on May 17, 2018, 04:15:12 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on May 17, 2018, 04:09:49 PM

well the trailer surely dident help them out at all
it was god awful and if the trailers sucks there isent much hope for the movie itself.

100% wrong. There have been so many bad trailers for great movies and vice versa. People on here were hyped back in the day when we got the first Red Band trailer for AvP: Requiem. Tom Cruise's film, Edge of Tomorrow had a pretty bad marketing campaign and the movie was a sleeper hit. Fans and critics loved it. Zack Snyder released a movie a few years back called Sucker Punch, that trailer is amazing. The movie? Not so much.

Trailers are made my a separate marketing company and directors usually have very little to do with how the trailers come out.

426Buddy

I didnt see anything in the trailer that was "god awful".

It was a short teaser that had some cool imagery in it, not much to go on and certainly nothing "god awful". Most of the people shouting hyperbole about the trailer were rampaging about the film before the trailer was released.

azamultic

DALLEVALLE to be honest Predator is nothing deep or has a canon. John Mct made amazing thriller, and he knew it was a good pop corn movie, Stephen Hopkins made a good slasher movie, and it wasn't high art or had any meaning behind it. Shane Black making his vision and the main point of it being entertaining( which first two movies aimed for).

MudButt

It was a poorly made trailer but the footage was not the issue. It was how it's set up to amp of this build up for the trailer and it ends on a shot that isn't that exciting.

dallevalle

Quote from: MudButt on May 17, 2018, 04:16:47 PM
I love Shane Black movies. But they are definitely Shane Black films. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and The Nice Guys are great movies. Iron Man 3 is a great Shane Black movie but a bad MCU movie because it was barely connected to the MCU, however it's still a pretty good flick.

Look, we are the hardcore fans of this franchise. Some of us like or even love some of the later bad films of each franchise. A big issue with the sequels is that directors keep trying to throw in homages to the originals and follow the same idea of prior films. Also, back when the AVP movies were being made Fox was notorious for being monsters during production and keeping directors and writers from doing anything that they felt wouldn't appeal to a mass audience.

Now we're with a Fox that has given us films like Logan, Deadpool, Kingsman, The Shape of Water, and the Planet of the Apes trilogy. They aren't perfect, they've made some bad movies recently but they are definitely taking risks on filmmakers now more than they were before. Perhaps a Shane Black Predator movie is exactly what we need to get this franchise back on track. Assuming it's a good movie.

i agree with some of this but when you say *getting the franchise back on track* i cant see that now when they changed the rules for the preds (hunting for dna) that to me is fare fare from getting back on track. and we get a super cgi predator a mega predator that is ripped right out of resident evil ( huge licker) it just sounds stupid to me.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on May 17, 2018, 04:02:27 PM
the problem with shane black directing is that this movie might as well be called a action/comedy and that dosen't fit for a predator movie

No sir can't do... The guy is blacklisted in hollywood due to various internal and legal problems... For someone who wants him back and seem to really like this director (just like i do), you seem to ignore what is his current status in the movie industry...  ;)

dallevalle

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 17, 2018, 04:25:45 PM

No sir can't do... The guy is blacklisted in hollywood due to various internal and legal problems... For someone who wants him back and seem to really like this director (just like i do), you seem to ignore what is his current status in the movie industry...  ;)

it's hollywood half of that shit is corrupt anyway ;)

MudButt

Quote from: dallevalle on May 17, 2018, 04:23:36 PM

i agree with some of this but when you say *getting the franchise back on track* i cant see that now when they changed the rules for the preds (hunting for dna) that to me is fare fare from getting back on track. and we get a super cgi predator a mega predator that is ripped right out of resident evil ( huge licker) it just sounds stupid to me.

There has been nothing to confirm or even give you the thought about a fully CGI Predator. We have yet to see all of the predators that are appearing in the film and there have been numerous interviews with Shane Black and the cast talking about the suits that are being worn by actual people.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: MudButt on May 17, 2018, 04:31:01 PM

There has been nothing to confirm or even give you the thought about a fully CGI Predator. We have yet to see all of the predators that are appearing in the film and there have been numerous interviews with Shane Black and the cast talking about the suits that are being worn by actual people.

We'll definitely have 3 preds suits in the movie, it's confirmed by various interviews released recently, but for a fourth pred it will probably be motion capture/CGI, because, well... I don't know if you read the script or how much you know of it, so i don't want to spoil it  ;)

MudButt

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 17, 2018, 04:36:48 PM

We'll definitely have 3 preds suits in the movie, it's confirmed by various interviews released recently, but for a fourth pred it will probably be motion capture/CGI, because, well... I don't know if you read the script or how much you know of it, so i don't want to spoil it  ;)

I've read it, and yes while that might be something they do for those specific reasons but there are also CGI tricks to modify a physical object, and yes, human actor. See Infinity War or the Lord of the Rings films for examples. However, even if they do MoCap for that character, films like the Planet of the Apes trilogy or the new Star Wars movie show that you can create realistic effects now a days.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: MudButt on May 17, 2018, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 17, 2018, 04:36:48 PM

I've read it, and yes while that might be something they do for those specific reasons but there are also CGI tricks to modify a physical object, and yes, human actor. See Infinity War or the Lord of the Rings films for examples. However, even if they do MoCap for that character, films like the Planet of the Apes trilogy or the new Star Wars movie show that you can create realistic effects now a days.

Yeah i think mo cap could be really cool for the upgrade pred.

Original Predator

"B,b,b,b,b.b.b....bbbbbut he did Kiss Kiss bang bang and Nice Guys!!!!!!"

I remember when that was the 'argument' around here, for why this movie was going to be amazing. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed