The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 118,804 times)

whiterabbit

Holy shit removing the kid made the teaser 20x Kaioken better. Oh man why are they using a kid in a Predator movie? Or is that just a misdirection and the kid get annihilated early on.

Xerxész

Quote from: Lord Freezer on May 11, 2018, 11:49:48 AM
The collaboration between humans and predators seems to be confirmed...

Yes, I wanted to post this yesterday.
I might be wrong but it seems from here that the Predator is holding a human rifle/gun.
This also matches with the leaked script, anyway.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 11, 2018, 12:20:01 PM
Holy shit removing the kid made the teaser 20x Kaioken better. Oh man why are they using a kid in a Predator movie? Or is that just a misdirection and the kid get annihilated early on.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a kid in the film. He just triggers some fans. It just depends on how he's handled.

Quote from: Xerxész on May 11, 2018, 12:20:50 PM
This also matches with the leaked script, anyway.

I think the leaked scripts genuineness has been thoroughly established for a long time. It's just that it was an old draft. Specifics change over a year of writing. They also change over filming. Then again over editing.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Xerxész on May 10, 2018, 02:41:56 PM
At least the Upgrade has a mask...it seems.
In the script he has no mask.

the Upgrade wasn't in the trailer

it's the captured throwing the guy

the 2 working with the government are the ones with the mask on

Xerxész

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 11, 2018, 12:38:59 PM
the Upgrade wasn't in the trailer

it's the captured throwing the guy

Yeah, I'm already aware of being wrong, just forgot to correct my post from yesterday.
That's not the Upgrade. There would be no point in spoiling the main boss of the film in a simple trailer.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on May 11, 2018, 12:38:59 PM
the 2 working with the government are the ones with the mask on

Umm...I think the Predator(s) we see in the teaser is(are) only the Captured.
In my opinion they will not show us the other 2 friendly Predators yet (except the shooting photo linked above).

Lionhart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2018, 10:39:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsYyYFh78QA

Well done. I think if we forget about avp, avpr and predators, this movie will make a good part 3, I hope

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on May 11, 2018, 12:00:41 AM
Ironically the best bit of the trailer is the joke in the middle. Maybe the comedy will make this better.
That cheesy line? Kind of hamfisted.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 11, 2018, 11:16:57 AM
See a 2D showing. Problem solved!
Over here, sometimes that simply isn't an option.

darcevil

Calling it now, the kid with the blocks defeats the predator, steals his ship, and the final shot is him donning the mask while flying onto a new world to hunt prey.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

The trailer itself isnt that bad, I like many, many moments from it. But what I dont like are these little things - All that red colors are a little bit different, its exactly the same like in Terminator Genisys where Arnold's Terminator eyes was more to the tone of pink, light purple, light red. . instead of classic dark red eyes. All these red colors should be much, much darker, it really dont look like all the red tones that we have in previous movies. I hate it, all these red colors creams like tiny little lights! I think its because they changed the way how they created these lights. Also the red "loading" effect on that part that is attached to the Predator gauntlet, when that boy activated it, in one moment we can partialy see even some yellow lights on it, I hate it. The whole design of Predator Spaceship is a little bit different, now we see even the window in the front. I dont know if I like it, but the CGI of the falling Spaceship itself is clearly not finished, it looks weak. Also, there are a lot of references to the Robert Rodrigues's Predators. The way how Predator shot his singular wristblade (from his right arm?) is just one example. References to the AVP are clearly visible on the design of the Spaceship, the front part is similar to the big ship from first AVP, it has similar design as Predator helmet, as I said, from the first AVP. And of course the Shuriken, thats main example. I dont like it, but I love that weapon, so with this I have mixed feelings, I dont like the fact that weapon from AVP are now in solo Predator film, it connect the whole AVP with the rest of the Franchise, I would rather see classic throwing Disc weapon from P2 instead. Predator designs are good, I really like it. But when the Predator holding the human to his neck, in that scene we can see that this Predator has also red lights on his helmet, bellow the eyes, thats weird. I like most of the scenes, when Trevante Rhodes shooting from the mounted gun, he looks Badass, and also! In thag moment behind him. . we can see a some of dead, killed Predator creatures, there are bodies, some green color and a lot of pieces from them. The kid is annoying, at least in the beginning of the trailer. Most of the actors look good. I like the Lab environment, Im glad that they show also classic Predator helmet and plasma cannon behind the glass (where they found it?) And now, Im wonder if that mean that the second helmet on the left side is from different Clan, upgraded Predators or something. I think that this movie will not be that bad after all, but still. . I have fear from Predator "pants" and a lot of other fundamental changes. And these red lights. . oh my, I hate the bright tone of that colors, I hope they change that. Also, it would be interesting to see Predators in daylight, but I hope that it will not ruin the whole aspect of Predator as a character.

happypred

The AvP-R trailer got me a lot more pumped than this shite

This movie might be better, but the trailer is absolutely underwhelming

Xan21

Hahaha... it's all kinds of wrong... Shane Black can say whatever he wants and there might be some solid acting but... this ain't the predator I came to love.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

When can we except a full length trailer? I think Boyd looks great in the film, he looks like he could be Dutches son. I wonder what the running time would be on The Predator. It would be cool to finally cross the 2hr mark.

Corporal Hicks

I'm not expecting the full one for another couple of months. Maybe July time.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

I can't wait to see another trailer

I can't wait to see what the 10 foot Predator looks like

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 11, 2018, 12:20:01 PMHoly shit removing the kid made the teaser 20x Kaioken better. Oh man why are they using a kid in a Predator movie?

Shane Black often puts kids in his films and they don't tend to be annoying at all.

Hell, the entire cast of The Monster Squad are kids, and they're all awesome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed