The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,961 times)

Original Predator

Quote from: Xerxész on May 10, 2018, 05:47:09 PM
The new mask does not fit well...  ;D
Also, I think the 'tiny' plasmacaster is kinda confirmed...check those red lights on both sides of the mask. I think that's where the plasmacaster is hidden.
https://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEaHb6dGnZLfdg_2_b/The-Predator-Trailer-2018.jpg

Literally an awful design.  Honestly, what were they doing with this?

Scorpio

Quote from: Addison81 on May 10, 2018, 09:06:32 PM
I'm already sold on the movie because I'm a big Shane Black fan.

That would help. 

Not a fan of Shane Black, even Lethal Weapon.

Original Predator

Quote from: black on May 10, 2018, 06:35:40 PM
Did not cause any emotion of this teaser! Do you think it's bad for a Predator fan?How did the teaser BR2049 play on nostolgia and what is it?

100% spot on.  BR2049 will go down as one of the best ever Sci-Fi sequel films, trailer to the film, was done perfectly.  This trailer looked like cool shots from a cool video game.  Zero emotion.

Scorpio

Blade Runner 2049 is visually amazing.  You could tell from the early stills and trailers, even.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on May 10, 2018, 09:23:07 PMBlade Runner 2049 is visually amazing.  You could tell from the early stills and trailers, even.

Story-wise I really didn't think much to it at all though. Spent an awfully long time not really going anywhere.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 07:31:08 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on May 10, 2018, 06:42:52 PM
do we have a classic predator in this movie?
So much for unique characters indeed. But that was out of the window with AVP and Predators for (understandable) budgetary reasons.

Of course because we can't have a new original design... keep it simple for the people...ughhh

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 10, 2018, 09:24:45 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on May 10, 2018, 09:23:07 PMBlade Runner 2049 is visually amazing.  You could tell from the early stills and trailers, even.

Story-wise I really didn't think much to it at all though. Spent an awfully long time not really going anywhere.
Just a detective story about a robot pondering about his history and how much of it is real and what reality is to him. Aweful indeed.
/sarcasm

Danversity

I am SO hyped right now! We shot a react to the trailer:

You guys are probably not gonna understand our dialogue, but the reaction might be worth it.

The Spirit World

The Spirit World

ADI can't make a nice looking predator, only Winston studio did, but Legacy studio is expansive and this movie clearly has a low budget , no more than 50 million.They continue to don't take this franchise seriously... :-

Xan21

Easy to please I guess...

skull-splitter

Learning that not all predators do the splicing, I'm a little more curious. Still not a fan of the generally more generic look, but a little more foregiving. The trailer is a hot mess of impressions and most of it does not sell the story well I imagine.

If I filmed a reaction video of my first time watching the trailer, you'd see a man with a unimpressed look on his face throughout.

Danversity

And they actually left the title as "The Predator" here in Brazil, just like the first one's named here. So we have two The Predators. Yay.

goose_3387

Quote from: Scorpio on May 10, 2018, 09:23:07 PM
Blade Runner 2049 is visually amazing.  You could tell from the early stills and trailers, even.

BR2049 is a work of art. One of the best movies ever made. It would be unfair to compare even some of the great movies to it.

funk_master_chunk

There's literally no need for the upgrade in this film, though.

Could've just as easily been a Bad Blood which would have a good 90-odd percent of the doubters on-board from the get go.

The fact that the USP is that there exists a clan/branch/type of Pred who is essentially GM, is just a joke.

Shurikens don't sit right with me either. They cement a link to the AvP realm which will dilute the franchise too much, imo. Appreciate AvP has it's fans, but it shouldn't be canon, IMO, sorry.

skull-splitter

Sure feels like this will link avp and predators to the first two.

Scorpio

Seems like a poverty of imagination to me, much of the visuals remind me of previous Predator movies.  There are so many places they could have taken this.  Also the Stranger Things vibe, I don't get the love for Stranger Things (and I was a kid in the 80s) and all this nostalgia hype for the 80s that is cool now. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed