The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 120,615 times)

MudButt

Very underwhelmed by the trailer. I am very excited for this movie, and this didn't temper my expectations because I didn't dislike any of the footage shown but it was far too short and badly edited. I like the start, and it has this build to something exciting and the "money shot" is the Predator lifting up Holbrook's character? Not exciting at all. I loved the scene where it slits that guys throat, and the shots we got of the military team.

Reminds me of the Venom trailer, this short teaser that shows next to nothing besides a few story points. I bet the next trailer is going to be much better.

Really want this movie to be great. Shane Black has never let me down and I love the ensemble cast he put together. These aren't A Listers so they have the ability to really fill out their respective roles.

DerelictShip

Pumped, gave a feeling of Stranger Things/80s sci fi movie vibe (with a predator of course). Not the direction I would prefer but with everything we've seen with these films maybe this is a refreshing new take on the concept.

Xan21

Xan21

The nostalgia stranger things thing is getting old fast... it has to be its own thing.

Nothing new about it... stale as hell

ELDERCLANLEADER

DerelictShip my thoughts exactly!  ;D

dallevalle

stranger things is so overrated it's crazy xD but that's just me.

Wysps

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 07:27:12 PM
The first two movies shown predators were aware of medicine and they had there own methods , it's not a stretch of the imagination that they would be aware of DNA . Predators have always been alien scientists, how else would they get there equipment ? like a nuclear bomb on their wrist for example ?

Unless they forgo coming up with their own technology and just go around stealing stuff from the planets that they visit  ;D

goose_3387

Strange that they haven't released an offical poster yet. They usually release a new poster a day before the trailer hits.

Hollywood

Quote from: Jacku on May 10, 2018, 07:34:00 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 07:27:12 PM
The first two movies shown predators were aware of medicine and they had there own methods , it's not a stretch of the imagination that they would be aware of DNA . Predators have always been alien scientists, how else would they get there equipment ? like a nuclear bomb on their wrist for example ?

Yeah their methods were cool but grounded to a point. DNA is the makeup of all living things from plants to humans. Why would fusing their DNA with humans on the go make them bigger or tougher or anything like that?

Maybe they just want to hunt in cooler temps or breathe better in our atmosphere or see a guy covered in mud ;D

End of the day it's all science fiction.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah Hollywood I'm with you on this one , the fact is it's not contradicting the lore.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: goose_3387 on May 10, 2018, 08:32:00 PM
Strange that they haven't released an offical poster yet. They usually release a new poster a day before the trailer hits.

goose_3387

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 10, 2018, 08:48:57 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on May 10, 2018, 08:32:00 PM

That's months old. You'd have thought the marketing material would have been updated since then.

Scorpio

Doesn't look like a film I will like.  Main thing is the cast seem very generic to me.  The visuals aren't that exciting, nothing I haven't seen before.  But I'm not going into negative, it might surprise me.

And I loved Alien Covenant from the first stills and the visuals are amazing in that movie, the cast awesome.  And I know some fans hate that movie.  But I can't get excited for The Predator like I did for Alien Covenant. 

Then again, it's a Predator movie, I don't expect much (no offense to Predator fans).  Maybe some good moments and action beats.

Addison81

I'm already sold on the movie because I'm a big Shane Black fan. I thought the teaser was pretty good , but it was just that, a teaser with not a lot shown.

goose_3387

The full trailer will be much different I imagine. This was a 90 second (felt less) teaser of which 1 minute was dedicated to the kid. We've seen 30 seconds of an unfinished movie.

Space Invader

Omg, it's Gort from P2!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed