The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 118,600 times)

Haters is Jokes

Haters is Jokes

Cool Trailer but too classic.

To see more, have nothing on the characters or atmosphere.
Must see more. I hope Black has to impose his style (he NEEDS CHANGE) !!!!!

:P  ;)

Xan21

I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything... good to see a lot of people didn't like the trailer. I think the cast will be quite solid but I don't like this overly clinical sci fy channel feel.

Lionhart

Quote from: reecebomb on May 10, 2018, 04:03:38 PM
Are Strause brothers behind this, everything about this trailer looks cheap'n'tacky, esp the music... Tbh AvP:R really had a better trailer. Hopefully the trailer isn't representative of the films quality, it still might end up being a fun kids action flick. 

AVPR had a better trailer but the movie was crap

ELDERCLANLEADER

The thing is sometimes fans are desperate to hate anything , and just won't accept anything new , way to stuck in their ways with their own vision of their favourite character, and won't accept change .

I adore predator and for me it felt like predator.

This was a one and half minute trailer , it's too early to speculate and for me it did its job , which was to sell it to me.  ;D

KillCrites

Quote from: Xan21 on May 10, 2018, 04:15:37 PM
I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything... good to see a lot of people didn't like the trailer. I think the cast will be quite solid but I don't like this overly clinical sci fy channel feel.
I have the feeling that some folks are so attached to what they feel Predator should be that they won't accept anything new.

Master

Why all new preds have thesame masks?

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 04:10:24 PM
Skull splitter that's only your opinion though , what exactly has been shown in this trailer that's contradictory to the lore ? Nothing. I'm liking the feel of the film there's nothing wrong with that.
A tribal race of intergallactic hunters resort to high texh splicing to stay ahead of the curve? Nice plot twist, but like the hybrid shit in Jurassic World totally unnecessary. It feels like cheap writing, give them a new trick to play with without actual need for it.

I have a feeling some are just desperate for something they just accept anything...
This is what I meant earlier.

Also: no forced humor? What about the guys commenting on the interogation? Cringe.

I've seen people shouting about the comics. What comics mention intensive splicing?

KillCrites

Quote from: Master on May 10, 2018, 04:24:17 PM
I thought there was only one Predator in the trailer, if not then maybe they're all part of the same clan or something.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: KillCrites on May 10, 2018, 04:22:16 PM
I have the feeling that some folks are so attached to what they feel Predator should be that they won't accept anything new.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 10, 2018, 04:21:36 PM
The thing is sometimes fans are desperate to hate anything , and just won't accept anything new , way to stuck in their ways with their own vision of their favourite character, and won't accept change .

I adore predator and for me it felt like predator.

This was a one and half minute trailer , it's too early to speculate and for me it did its job , which was to sell it to me.  ;D

well you can turn that around and say sometimes people are desperate to love anything. yes this was a one and a half min trailer but if a teaser like this puts so many people off well then there has to be something to it. and hey if the offical trailer rocks my socks off il be the first to say it. but as of right now im not very hyped.

brokentusk420

Some people like the taste of garbage food and some have more refined pallets. Those of you who like garbage can have my portion of this trash heap. Im out.

Predboy

I just saw the trailer, and I'm excited. I'm still hoping it turns out to be a good movie and doesn't suck, but damn I like the new spin to this one. It isn't a typical hunt. Instead it looks like they're trying to survive after being stranded on Earth, which can make them desperate and unpredictable.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Master on May 10, 2018, 04:24:17 PM
€, $, £. Money.

Corporal Hicks

Okay, so now it looks like Fox have calmed down on releasing stuff...

I enjoyed the trailer. I wasn't blown away by it but on the flip-side there's nothing in that has caused me to nerd-rage. I'm especially glad it was actually teaser! No main character deaths spoiled, no plot turns spoilers - just a simple line about the general jist of the film.

I'll still reserve judgement on the whole DNA splicing thing until I see it all pieced together. I don't think you can unequivocally state that it's un-Predator for them to be doing it and they can't have been doing that. I do like that Black and Dekker are being brave and taking a big leap with actually moving the mythology forward. I think the Predator franchise is really versatile and I'm keen to see how someone with Black's pedigree handles it.

I'm glad the trailer didn't show us the Hybrid Predator and I enjoyed that it only showed us a little of the more "standard" design. I like the new mask (it does look a little sharper in angles in the thumbnailed image but you can see it looks less strange in the bit where one of them grabs Holbrook). I really like the colour scheme of the gold/bronze/copper and silver. It would have been nice if everyone had a different one but them all having the same is a non-issue - if we're talking about a bigger scale conflict here, something more like a proper war, it'd be like complaining about standard issue gear.

I liked the comedy between Brown and the other fella. Hopefully they've got the balance right in the finished product. Not enough to really say anything about the actors or the characters but no-one looked out of place to me.

Also the opening is a total ball-drop. The kid isn't controlling the Predator ship. And it's another case of the synopsis and pissing off Predator fans. It's not what you strictly associate with a Predator film and it's a great way to cause more upheaval with a daftly editing part of the trailer.

Eager to see more.

you

you

looks like a marvel movie

Xan21

Quote from: KillCrites on May 10, 2018, 04:22:16 PM

but it doesn't look new... it looks uninspired...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed