The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 117,412 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: XenoVC on May 10, 2018, 03:29:50 PM
I can't get over the inciting event in plot being the kid unknowingly driving the Predator ship if that's the case. Editing got me messed up there.

Despite Requiem-like setting, we have a dymanic, intriguing cast in line with the franchise at large and not pure b-movie slasher tv putz.

Shuriken is straight up pulled out of AvP down to the design. Whaaaaat.

How would they have the original Predator's bio-mask if only Dutch saw him and he vaporized?

Genuinely do not know what the extent of this hybrid angle is going to be, but the introduction of it is just inviting people to go straight to Jurassic World in the reboot realm.

No hint of any suggested teamups between species which is a relief.

The trailer is edited in a way that makes you think in a funny way that the kid is driving the ship... It's an editing trick, that's all.

And regarding team-ups, i think we have a glimpse of a pred in a tank in the background during an action scene, at 1:14

Parzival

Parzival

I appreciate what I see, although it looks too "classic". I have nothing against it, but when it comes to Shane Black I want a little more.

And when I see the Trailer, I tell myself that he really wants to sell it as something "classic", while basic perssonage are enough "fart", and here have not lingered too much.

So hurry to see more, in any case I remain impatient. Shane Black knows how to make a film, and then it is in this dialogue that he excels !

Go, I believe in it.

PredBabe

I'm loving the Predator coming down from the ceiling- or whatever- and slicing the guy's throat. Completely hyped.

ELDERCLANLEADER

It felt like a genuine predator film to me but modernised,  my only dislike in the trailer is the mask, it feels a bit of but I could live with it , I absolutely love that captured predator still though ! Badass!  :o

Parzival

Parzival

It's a Teaser guys... not the movie !!!

Have seen nothing of the tone of the film, nor the perssonage, nor the dialogue (the strong point of Black), or even the atmosphere!

Calm.

SpeedyMaxx

I just wish they weren't clearly afraid of showing people how funny the movie is. That is a directive that comes from the studio or marketing dept. They're spooked by early fanboy complaints.

Instead you just have a very brief, fine but not terribly standout teaser. If you worry about offending nobody you get nowhere.

XenoVC

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on May 10, 2018, 03:33:54 PM
Quote from: XenoVC on May 10, 2018, 03:29:50 PM
I can't get over the inciting event in plot being the kid unknowingly driving the Predator ship if that's the case. Editing got me messed up there.

Despite Requiem-like setting, we have a dymanic, intriguing cast in line with the franchise at large and not pure b-movie slasher tv putz.

Shuriken is straight up pulled out of AvP down to the design. Whaaaaat.

How would they have the original Predator's bio-mask if only Dutch saw him and he vaporized?

Genuinely do not know what the extent of this hybrid angle is going to be, but the introduction of it is just inviting people to go straight to Jurassic World in the reboot realm.

No hint of any suggested teamups between species which is a relief.
you've only seen a 1.30 teaser, you'll get more answers when you see the full trailer and movie

Which is good, but I gotta get this initial reaction for anticipated thing out of the way.

Lionhart

I am not gonna start nagging, so far I am OKEJ with it and the predator mask looks better than anything I have seen in (predators 2010) that doesn't include the classic predator of course

426Buddy

Looks good, cant wait.

I think Holbrook is going to do a great job

dallevalle

Quote from: PredBabe on May 10, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
I'm loving the Predator coming down from the ceiling- or whatever- and slicing the guy's throat. Completely hyped.

yeah that part was cool but hard to see. that scene looks extremly dark.

newbeing

"They're splicing themselves with our DNA!"

[Later]

Master

It looks... like leaked script. The trailer doesn't bother me much, but the plot is awful since yhe day 1.

dallevalle

Quote from: newbeing on May 10, 2018, 03:44:25 PM
"They're splicing themselves with our DNA!"

[Later]

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/44DhLx02epc/hqdefault.jpg

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHaHHAHA

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 10, 2018, 03:41:39 PM
I just wish they weren't clearly afraid of showing people how funny the movie is. That is a directive that comes from the studio or marketing dept. They're spooked by early fanboy complaints.

Instead you just have a very brief, fine but not terribly standout teaser. If you worry about offending nobody you get nowhere.

Maybe the movie isn't that funny anymore after few changes

Lefty

Lefty

So far, I'm honestly okay with this. Yes, the story style is a departure from P1 and 2, but I'm mostly concerned with the execution. If the Predators in this come off as more bad ass and brutal than what we got in Predators 2010 and AVP, I'll be pretty happy.

I can understand all the expectations though. Anyone wanting a repeat of the first two will probably hate this, unfortunately, but so far it looks fun to me. I'm excited for the lab scenes and to see them in a new dynamic: studied, captured, whatever. That all has a lot of potential for me as a fan.

The teaser was a bit underwhelming but on the bright side there was no forced comedy, no awkward lines in my opinion. At this point I've accepted the story we're getting. I'm just hoping for good pacing, brutal action and no severe facepalm moments or terribly corny throwback lines (but there will probably be a few lol).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed