Started by yhe1, Nov 30, 2018, 01:50:22 AM

Predator 2 vs Predators

Predator 2
41 (87.2%)
Predators
6 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author
Predator 2 vs Predators (Read 8,741 times)

Huntsman

Huntsman

Easy decision. Predator 2.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2018, 09:04:28 AM

https://cdn109.picsart.com/207104153000202.jpg?r1024x1024

A few repeated beats/scenes does not a copy make it. There's so much more to Predators than that.

Haha. It's never a good thing to trigger the person in charge.  Sorry!  ;D

Predators has a lot going for it, and has definitely grown on me since my first theatrical viewing so long ago. But I think it would have faired better for many of us if it hadn't fallen in such trappings.

QuoteA few repeated beats/scenes does not a copy make it.

A sentence that would make Yoda proud!

yhe1

yhe1

Or just plain copy it!  Take Hanzo the Yakuza.  He stops fleeing with the survivors just like Billy. Turns to face the oncoming Predator just like Billy. Takes off his shirt just like Billy. Un-sheathes his bladed weapon just like Billy. The exact music plays, just like it did with Billy.

J.J. Abrams would be proud!  :P

I thought the point was that fans wanted to see the Billy Predator fight?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

No, no. When it comes to conveying dread and suspense, there is such a thing as showing too much. The little we saw from Billy's last stand was just perfect.  :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Anyone that didn't vote Predator 2 should be ashamed and is on their way for a full time perm ban

u heard me

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Come at me, bro! Because I voted Predators. I think it gets an unfair rap and is far better than the vocal opinion seems to be.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

you're completely unworthy of the power that has been given to you

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Spoiler
wow.
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

You tell him Omegamorph!!

;D

TheSailingRabbit

The Old One

The Old One

Predators is mediocrity incarnate.

Predator 2 is a trashy fun time.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Word !

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Omegamorph on Dec 06, 2018, 08:59:15 AM
Anyone that didn't vote Predator 2 should be ashamed and is on their way for a full time perm ban

u heard me

We are the resistance.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 06, 2018, 11:06:04 PM
We are the resistance.

I read this in an Adrien Brody, Royce, "I'm Batman" voice.

El Pistolero

El Pistolero

For me is the First Predator the most atmospheric and thrilling part. It is a masterpiece of moviemaking for me. But I also have to say, it works best, if you see it the first time. You dont know what's going on and what that creature is.

But the predator movie that I have seen most, is Predator 2. I think that movie expands the predators best. It works for me as an action movie with some humor very well and I also love the style of it. LA is the best summer heat hot spot for predators to hunt. I love the first shootout against these crazy drug gang. There is also this aztecig gang style, that gives the city this jungle touch. And I also loved Danny Glover how he handles his job with a trunk full of weapons.

I also like Predators, but this movie is for me too much a turn back to the original one. I think, that movie would have been worked much better on an strange Riddik like planet. I miss the big there-is-no-way-out feeling in that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed