Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 649,131 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Man, "Pops" rules.

50percentJoe

Recently wrapped up work on an EOD technician for my colonial marines. I realized we don't really see much outside of grunts and gunners, so I thought I should take a whack and making up my own design for what an EOD guy in the Colonial Marines would look like.

And all of my custom guys together.

JokersWarPig

very cool

Corporal Hicks

What's that a mix of? Alien spacesuit, Emissary armour, marines backpack and something with Idris Elba? Looks f**king sweet though!

The Old One

The Old One

I think that's by far your best work.

50percentJoe

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2020, 08:23:28 AM
What's that a mix of? Alien spacesuit, Emissary armour, marines backpack and something with Idris Elba? Looks f**king sweet though!

Its a Dallas I found dirt cheap at a thrift store. He was damaged and had no accessories, I used Weyland Yutani commando arms on him, and then I used Emissary armor modified to fit over the chest and waist. The head is off of a Diamond Select Gunslinger... Not sure why, but after I finished the base of the suit I just felt Idris Elba would look really cool wearing it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 50percentJoe on Jan 10, 2020, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 10, 2020, 08:23:28 AM

Its a Dallas I found dirt cheap at a thrift store. He was damaged and had no accessories, I used Weyland Yutani commando arms on him, and then I used Emissary armor modified to fit over the chest and waist. The head is off of a Diamond Select Gunslinger... Not sure why, but after I finished the base of the suit I just felt Idris Elba would look really cool wearing it.

Indeed!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 50percentJoe on Jan 10, 2020, 11:55:10 AM
The head is off of a Diamond Select Gunslinger... Not sure why, but after I finished the base of the suit I just felt Idris Elba would look really cool wearing it.

You're not wrong!

50percentJoe

Working on a soldier I've just been calling Rosco for now. Building a prostethic leg like the one seen on a Sarge in the Colonial Marines game. He's far from done, but I may be getting a little trigger happy with how many marines I want to build. I should try and get more xenos.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: 50percentJoe on Jan 10, 2020, 12:50:32 AMAnd all of my custom guys together.

I have to say, "Ouch" Smartgunner is my favorite.

50percentJoe

I blame my wife for suggesting he looks like the Chad, he was however one of my favorite builds. His chest harness and armor are sculpted almost entirely from scratch.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: 50percentJoe on Jan 11, 2020, 02:05:53 AM
I blame my wife for suggesting he looks like the Chad, he was however one of my favorite builds. His chest harness and armor are sculpted almost entirely from scratch.

Nice.

I'm getting a "buffer Drake with more hair" vibe.

What were the harness and armor sculpted from?

50percentJoe

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 11, 2020, 02:29:05 AM

Nice.

I'm getting a "buffer Drake with more hair" vibe.

What were the harness and armor sculpted from?
Aves Apoxie, its a two part compound that air dries and gets extremely hard and easy to sand when fully cured. I would suggest it for most projects like this. The texture of the putty when combined is very easy to sculpt, but also rigid enough to hold its own shape. After about an hour or so it starts to set, and then from there you need to wait 24 hours for sanding.

The chest plate I literally rolled out a flat piece and cut the shape, then after the flat shape cured I built it up on that to create the angular armor, let it fully cute, then sanded to be more angular. I had my Vasquez next to me the whole time to make sure I was copying all the details of a Smart Gunner harness as best I could.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: 50percentJoe on Jan 11, 2020, 12:00:54 AM
He's far from done, but I may be getting a little trigger happy with how many marines I want to build. I should try and get more xenos.

You can never have enough marines.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 13, 2020, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: 50percentJoe on Jan 11, 2020, 12:00:54 AM
He's far from done, but I may be getting a little trigger happy with how many marines I want to build. I should try and get more xenos.

You can never have enough marines.

Ditto.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed