Sales

Started by PRI. HUDSON, Oct 22, 2014, 02:00:25 AM

Author
Sales (Read 57,981 times)

Jarac

Jarac

Wait, were people actually argiung that A:CM was BETTER than A:I? Am I in bizarro world?!

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Jarac on May 21, 2015, 02:16:00 PM
Wait, were people actually argiung that A:CM was BETTER than A:I? Am I in bizarro world?!

In CelticPreds world, yes.

THE-HunterKiller

THE-HunterKiller

With that many copies sold, there should be something left over for some free content added to the game. don't you think?

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: THE-HunterKiller on May 23, 2015, 06:29:13 PM
With that many copies sold, there should be something left over for some free content added to the game. don't you think?
Sure! As long as it's not an A:CM style pulse rifle capable of killing the alien(s)! Lol

PS. Also as long as Kane, Dallas, lambert, Parker, Brett, and Ash all stay dead. And ripley says in cryosleep (unless they're recreating scenes from the movie again)...

Doggo33

Doggo33

Engineer - The 'Crew Expendable' DLC came with my copy of the game. I didn't like it really; I found it disappointing. Part of that is because the voices of the crew sounded really old, Lambert in particular. Obviously the actors are older now, but it sounded like they were tired and didn't really care. What's your opinion on it, if you've played it?

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 24, 2015, 03:10:23 PM
Engineer - The 'Crew Expendable' DLC came with my copy of the game. I didn't like it really; I found it disappointing. Part of that is because the voices of the crew sounded really old, Lambert in particular. Obviously the actors are older now, but it sounded like they were tired and didn't really care. What's your opinion on it, if you've played it?
I have all the dlc, including crew expendable and last survivor. But truth be told, I haven't played them yet. I've been holding out until I beat the main campaign. Yes, that's right, I haven't beat the game yet! Lol. I played religiously up until Christmas, then I got Destiny. I haven't made my way back to alien yet to complete it (I'm on mission 16), because every night I tell myself "no, I don't have the nerves to deal with it right now." Honestly, it's the only game I've played that scared me so much that I've decided not to play it despite how much I actually love the game! Lol. My game in progress though is on hard difficulty (I started before nightmare was available), and I have not killed a single human yet. I've also found every audio log, ID tag and nostromo log EXCEPT for one audio log (I missed it and can't just double back for it, I'll have to replay that particular mission), so I've been exploring pretty thoroughly too, which slows me down. When I do finally complete the game, I plan to replay without dying. Then I'll dive into the DLC...

stemot

stemot

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 24, 2015, 03:10:23 PM
Engineer - The 'Crew Expendable' DLC came with my copy of the game. I didn't like it really; I found it disappointing. Part of that is because the voices of the crew sounded really old, Lambert in particular. Obviously the actors are older now, but it sounded like they were tired and didn't really care.

You've just described Hick's voiceover work in Colonial Marines.

Doggo33

Doggo33

Stemot - Nah, that's decent. It doesn't look particularly like him, but the voice is fine.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 25, 2015, 10:37:32 PM
Stemot - Nah, that's decent. It doesn't look particularly like him, but the voice is fine.
I beg to differ... I remember reading a while back that Michael beihn himself admitted his voice acting lacked passion in part due to gearbox's lack of direction/passion. I just hope Michael beihn's performance was really a reflection of gearbox's shortcomings, and not his own. Otherwise, if he really is coming back for alien 5 it might be a disappointment on that front alone...

PS. Sigorney's voice acting in A:I during the main campaign (as well as all the other original actors) sounded great to me in the nostromo logs, etc...

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 25, 2015, 10:37:32 PM

Nah. He sounded tired and old. Like "WTF am I doing here?" He did a better job in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. That's because it was fun. He had no fun with Colonial Marines.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 25, 2015, 10:37:32 PMStemot - Nah, that's decent. It doesn't look particularly like him, but the voice is fine.

Are you kidding? Biehn's voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard in a game. He sounds like he couldn't care less (which is actually fair enough, I'd feel exactly the same in his position). His performance is just lifeless dross.

As Engineer pointed out, the man himself has said he did a half-assed job of it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote"The only other gaming experience that I had was I did a voice [Corporal Hicks] in the Aliens game that they made [Aliens: Colonial Marines]," Biehn says. "That wasn't fun at all. I just didn't really have any fun."

"It seemed kind of passionless. I think in movies, television, and the gaming world, you get some people that are really, really passionate, and some people that are just going through the paces. They think that because they have a brand name they're going to get a hit game or hit movie out of it. That certainly was the situation on [Aliens: Colonial Marines]."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/07/25/the-80s-strike-back-the-complete-story-behind-blood-dragon.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Doggo33

Doggo33

SIgourney Weaver was good in 'Alien: Isolation', yes, but the others, definitely not, I found.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

They were fine. At any rate they were leagues better than Biehn's performance in ACM.

The only possible exception was Harry Dean Stanton, who sounded about ready to keel over. But then he is 88, so I'll let him off.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: CelticPred97 on May 26, 2015, 01:17:22 PM
SIgourney Weaver was good in 'Alien: Isolation', yes, but the others, definitely not, I found.

I just don't get what you even want here, man. Who could have even dreamed that they'd be able to assemble five of the original castmembers, and that you'd be able to play with/as the original crew? And you're complaining that they sound older? Tired? I'm not sure if you remember the film, but they weren't all exactly 'Dan Castellaneta' in that, either. And since Engineer pointed out how great Sigourney's performance was, you've backtracked on that.

Pretty sure you're just trollin' at this point.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed