Space Jockey Theories

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:12:10 AM

Author
Space Jockey Theories (Read 128,094 times)

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

Because it was dead after being bursted out of.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I getcha, captured pilots were transformed, the others were killed.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 15, 2006, 02:45:10 PM
Thats damn good, I just don't like them transforming into eggs.
I didn't like looking at Sigourney Weaver's ugly ass crack, but it happened.

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 15, 2006, 02:45:10 PM
Why wasn't the pilot that we see transformed into an egg?
For the same reason that we didn't see Kane transform into an egg...

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteI didn't like looking at Sigourney Weaver's ugly ass crack, but it happened.

It was damn unfortunate.   :P

QuoteFor the same reason that we didn't see Kane transform into an egg...

What reason? They needed more Aliens? Its just weird, some transform to eggs when impreganted, some don't.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 15, 2006, 04:56:43 PM
QuoteFor the same reason that we didn't see Kane transform into an egg...
What reason? They needed more Aliens? Its just weird, some transform to eggs when impreganted, some don't.
A facehugger doesn't transform a host into an egg. An adult alien does. Kane encountered the former. Brett encountered the latter.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I see.  ;D

Despite this, surely if that was the only theory, where did the first egg come from? I suppose thats why they created the Queen.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 15, 2006, 05:17:32 PM
I see.  ;D

Despite this, surely if that was the only theory, where did the first egg come from? I suppose thats why they created the Queen.
Well, here is the answer to the age-old question: "Which came first: the Chicken or the Egg?" The answer is the Egg.

For as long as there have been organisms (microbial or complex), there have been eggs. You started out as an egg and developed into the person that you are today. The same with aliens.

From the beginning, there was an alien egg in some form, even if it was single-celled. It adapted and evolved so that its progeny would evolve and either adapt or expire. It's progeny had to come up with ways to reproduce and had adapted various strategies to do so. Time passes, variants had struggled to survive and some had died off. One variant succeeded and it evolved into the alien species that we see in the movies.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As peachy as that explaination from O'Bannon sounds, it just doesn't fit smoothly. Sure the Queen wasn't around when the original reproduction cyle was created, but it was the first official cannon way. Something that was carried on throughout the rest of the films.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2006, 05:45:55 PM
As peachy as that explaination from O'Bannon sounds, it just doesn't fit smoothly. Sure the Queen wasn't around when the original reproduction cyle was created, but it was the first official cannon way. Something that was carried on throughout the rest of the films.
But, it doesn't discount the fact that the queen doesn't exist, either. Fans of the Alien series have reconciled the two means of reproduction by saying that if there is no queen around, an adult alien can carry on the species by itself, as the alien on the Nostromo had. The same thing could have happened on board the derelict without a queen anywhere on the ship, let alone in the cargo hold.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteWell, here is the answer to the age-old question: "Which came first: the Chicken or the Egg?" The answer is the Egg.

I agree, so you're saying after years of evolution, an alien as we know it was made?

Newsfop

Newsfop

Reading up on this interesting discussion, I feel incredibly deprived having only seen the Director's Cut of Aliens and nothing new about the other two SE's. It looks like I know what I'll be spending my Christmas gift cards on this year.   8)

I agree that it boils down to an either-or scenario in which a queen lays eggs or a soldier carries the duty.

I still don't know if it satisfies the question of what the aliens use for sustence. In the Alien novel, it says that they found one of the food lockers torn open, which would explain how the darling little critter got suddenly so big. But when it nabs the back of someone's brain, is that just to imobilize the victom, or is that something it eats? It clearly didn't work on Gen. Perez as he was functional enough to look at a chunk of his thoughts before he got swiftly killed a lot. (But those don't really count as genuinely complete aliens since the whole mixup with DNA occurred. They still didn't get it right, even after eight tries.)

For sake of nostalgia and continuity though, I think the space jockeys should have some level of inclusion. Obviously though it would far preceed anything before the first Predator even. Would it possibly fit into a trade deal between the predators and the jockeys and show some involvement with primitive Earth man? It would fuel the fire that Paul W.S. Anderson started. Some may not want or like that one bit. I'm of no opinion on the matter.

Honestly, I tried not to like the series as a whole, but I can't avoid being completely fascinated by it all. It's something so bizarre, you can't look away.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Mr Weyland on Dec 12, 2006, 05:17:05 PM
In the old Alien triolgy game, when you are in the Space Jockey's ship, if you look at the walls you can see baby space jockeys growing in some kind of bubble shell thing, maybe the jockeys are born from the ship its self, maybe they grow each other from parts of the ship, because the ship its self looks like it was made from something biological.  ???
I played the game and found the space jockeys. here they are.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Awww! Look at the cute babies.  :D

I loved them levels. I must go out and buy this game on PS.

DRACO ^V^

DRACO ^V^

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 15, 2006, 06:45:33 PM
QuoteWell, here is the answer to the age-old question: "Which came first: the Chicken or the Egg?" The answer is the Egg.

I agree, so you're saying after years of evolution, an alien as we know it was made?
I Hate To rain on anyones parade :-X,But Keiros,has a great theory about the aliens,And just let me say this,I dont think evolution is included in the mix ;D..I tend to lean more on his theories. ;)

maledoro

maledoro

And they are...?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed