Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco?

Started by StayFrosty, Oct 30, 2011, 01:19:51 AM

Author
Alien3: How did the egg get onboard the Sulaco? (Read 75,950 times)

StayFrosty

Well... this is getting redundant now. But I'll add a little bit more...

The eggs that opened near Newt and Ripley at the end of the film were in close proximity to the Queen. The Queen could have 'ordered/told' those eggs to open.

When I said colonists being kept elsewhere, I didn't entirely mean 'elsewhere'. Hudson saw all the colonists in one area, yes... but he also said IIRC "All of them, I *think*". He may have not scanned the entire facility, and didn't bother to scan the rest when he found the vast majority of them there. But you did tell me you believe there were other colonists who may have given birth to other aliens, even if they were all in that area. That sector seemed to be pretty big. I assume this because all the colonists are supposed to be there, yet how many of them do we see? So the area was probably big enough that all the colonists weren't necessarly killed in the first battle. I don't personally believe this though. But... by your own admission, the aliens took days or weeks to actually use some of the colonists they captured as hosts. The "ALIENS" "Cocooned Woman" was still alive when the Marines arrived. For whatever reason, she wasn't used by the aliens until later. So, Apone and Deitreich might not have been used as soon as they were captured either. But.... it's obvious in ALIEN it took a good few hours for Kane to be impregnated and for the Alien to become full grown. In ALIENS, after Detreich and Apone are taken, there's maybe only 6-8 hours before the Queen ends up on the drop ship. There might be a few holes in what I'm saying here, but the point is it's very possible a chestburster could be in existence while the Queen is fighting Ripley and Newt.

It doesn't matter if there's no evidence of a chestburster. This chestburster is basically needed for the theory to work, because in your theory the Facehugger gets off the dropship, crawls through the Sulaco, and ends up in the cryo stasis room. That implies it opened a bunch of doors.

I will admit now that the Queen could have TOLD the egg to open shortly after she laid it on board the dropship... meaning the Face hugger could have been outside of the egg before the Queen was sucked into space. But it still would be trapped on board the dropship.

BUT.... this re-raises an old question. Why wasn't this egg and face hugger sucked out into space with the Queen? Even in my theory, the chestburster and egg should have been sucked out.

So, still NONE of it makes sense.

FOX clears up a plot hole by creating a Blu-Ray menu? It shows just how bad the situation is in the first place that they admit to this plot hole. It's even more pathetic that they try to fix it with some meaningless menu screen. Their "fix" still doesn't work because the egg should have been sucked out into space. Yet, when it comes to this at least, my Bishop theory still works. The egg was contained closed in an entirely different room, and thus was not sucked out. This implies that there were in fact doors sealing parts of the Sulaco off from other rooms.

In any event, if there were no doors between the dropship area and the cryo area, most/all of items onboard the ship would have been sucked out into space, unless they were held down. So there were clearly doors sealing off the ship, meaning your facehugger had to open these doors and crawl though the ship.

I'm still going to go with my chestburster theory. I'm gonna believe that Ripley hit a button to close the dropship as soon as the Queen came out, thus nothing would be sucked out (Hicks was also clearly sealed in the dropship). But you can't use this explanation for your theory, because that means the facehugger had to open a bunch of doors.

Xenomrph

QuoteBut you did tell me you believe there were other colonists who may have given birth to other aliens, even if they were all in that area.
Yes, but even if one of the colonists in the hatchery gave birth to an Alien, that's still nowhere near the Queen's chamber.

QuoteBUT.... this re-raises an old question. Why wasn't this egg and face hugger sucked out into space with the Queen? Even in my theory, the chestburster and egg should have been sucked out.
Not if they were affixed well inside the landing gear, no. Maybe it got wedged in the landing gear and couldn't get sucked out. I'm not seeing the problem.

QuoteIn any event, if there were no doors between the dropship area and the cryo area, most/all of items onboard the ship would have been sucked out into space, unless they were held down. So there were clearly doors sealing off the ship, meaning your facehugger had to open these doors and crawl though the ship.
That assumes any of the doors remained closed when Ripley put everyone in cryosleep. Even if they were open when the airlock was open, stuff isn't going to get sucked around corners to go out of the ship. The airlock wasn't open for THAT long. We have no indication that there were any closed doors between the dropship hangar and the cryotubes.

QuoteFOX clears up a plot hole by creating a Blu-Ray menu? It shows just how bad the situation is in the first place that they admit to this plot hole.
At least they fixed it. Really that's the important part.

QuoteTheir "fix" still doesn't work because the egg should have been sucked out into space.
Sure it works - why did it have to be sucked out into space? I've got no problems believing that it wouldn't have been.

QuoteYet, when it comes to this at least, my Bishop theory still works.
No it doesn't, because it assumes a fundamental change in Bishop's character that's not supported anywhere else in the film, and it assumes someone was somehow able to reprogram him when we've got no evidence that he was ever reprogrammed. It's circular reasoning - the only reason you think he'd have been reprogrammed was so he could plant the egg, but the only way he could have planted the egg was if he'd been reprogrammed. You can't prove either of those, and using one to prove the other doesn't work.

QuoteI'm gonna believe that Ripley hit a button to close the dropship as soon as the Queen came out, thus nothing would be sucked out (Hicks was also clearly sealed in the dropship).
That assumes the landing gear needs to be a pressurized, sealable environment as opposed to the crew/passengers area. If the diagrams and blueprints of the dropship in the tech manual are any indication, that is not the case.

QuoteI'm still going to go with my chestburster theory.
You still haven't shown any indication that there even was a chestburster (or the resultant Alien). I could make up a theory where there was another corporate stooge working with Burke who was on LV-426 too, and he was the one who planted the egg. There's just as much evidence for that as there is for some sort of chestburster or whatever.
Which is to say, there IS no evidence. :P

Ripley7

I think  the beginning of the Alien 3 book should be rewritten so that we can all have a firm explaination for it! I think it would be imposible to reshoot the first few minutes of the film (unless they did it totally animated)..

SM

SiL

Quote from: StayFrosty on Oct 31, 2011, 12:43:43 PM
What would Bishop do if say, Hudson went A-WOL and started trying to stab Newt? What if the only way to stop Hudson from doing this, was to harm Hudson? By your logic, Bishop wouldn't be able to do anything, because he cannot harm a human being.
"... or by omission of action allow to come to harm ..."

Bishop could incapacitate Hudson without harming or killing him. He's clearly faster than a human.

QuotePlus, what if Bishop was lying that he cannot harm a human being? What if he was just saying what the company wanted to say to shut Ripley up?
What if the egg just magicked itself into existence aboard the ship? I'll take what's said and shown in the film over wild and baseless supposition from someone trying to substantiate an idea that should've done a good enough job proving itself wrong straight out of the gate.

QuoteEven if Bishop was property of the military, and not the company directly, he still could have been reprogrammed *before* the Marines sent out on the journey to LV-426.
By who? Burke's out for the Aliens, not the Company. This is made abundantly clear several times throughout the movie.

QuoteI don't understand why the directors blatantly put these plot-holes into the movie. What were his reasons for making this creative decision?
He preferred the look of the pods from Alien -- same reason he made sure the Alien had a dome on it. It's not a plot hole; a continuity error, sure, but it's not a plot hole.

dragonthingy

A wizard did it.

DemonicD13

This egg problem has been bothering me for years, just like everyone else. I've thought up various theories and read even more. Maybe the Queen laid an egg; maybe Bishop did it; maybe there were a few synthetics hiding on the Sulaco that swooped down and grabbed some eggs when no one was looking, ect. The idea I have been going with for some time is that another alien was hiding in the landing gear of the drop ship; it's not great but, whatever.

I've recently come up with a new idea. This idea was spawned from what little we have learned about Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens: Infestation. The makers of A:CM are saying that they are intending to answer some of the series' questions; hopefully the magic egg is one of them. So I got thinking how they might do this. One thing they have done at least in Aliens: Infestation is to introduce the UPP. I have heard that the UPP may be responsible for bringing the eggs onboard. Although as others have mentioned. If the UPP managed to swing down and grab some eggs before the atmosphere processer blew, why the hell would they bother boarding the Sulaco? What's the point? I don't particularly like this scenario, so I pieced together a different one, which still involves the UPP. Now this idea may be a little out there but here it goes.

After the start of the infestation at Hadley's Hope a person sympathetic to the UPP got a message to them before they lost communication. In this message they are told of a new life form that may be of value to them. But the learn little else of what it is or how it works. Still they decide to check it out. So the UPP sends a team to investigate. But by the time they get there the Sulaco is already in orbit. The UPP keeps its distance and monitors the situation. Shortly after their arrival the AP plant goes up and moments later a drop ship is seen leaving LV-426's orbit and docking with the Sulaco. The UPP thinks they have missed their chance and are preparing to leave when the Sulaco's dock doors open and a large life form is seen being jettisoned from the ship. The UPP after scanning the Sulaco and finding that the crew is in hyper-sleep decides to go and check it out. They find the Queen who despite having already started to freeze up is still alive. They decide to bring her aboard and try to container her. Of course this goes very wrong; she escapes their grasp and kills a number of the crew. In the chaos a few UPP soldiers get off a couple of lucky shots. The Queen does not die but manages to splash acid blood everywhere before disappearing into the bowels of the ship. The blood has managed to damage the life-support systems beyond repair leaving the UPP crew in dire straits. They can't make it back to their base and they can't land on LV-426 due to radiation. So they decide to dock with the Sulaco and wait for help to come. Some of the crew wants to set the UPP vessel to self destruct, but the captain wants the Queen. He hopes with renewed forces they can catch and study the Queen. But of course the Queen manages to get back aboard the Sulaco, and all hell breaks loose. The Queen starts laying eggs and before long the UPP are wiped out. In the process a facehugger gets cut on Newt's cryotube and starts a fire, another impregnates Ripley. Ripley and crew are sent to the EEV along with one more facehugger. The Sulaco is left drifting in space, while the EEV lands on Fury 161. W-Y send the Panta to collect Ripley thinking it is their best chance to capture a Queen, but that falls through. They then locate the Sulaco and confirm that there are Aliens onboard. They tug the Sulaco back to LV-426 and set up a radiation resistant research station planet side. They begin studying the Sulaco, Hadley's Hope and the Xenomorphs. Once again all hell breaks loose and the Sephora is sent in to investigate.

Ok there it is, feel free to pick it apart.

aliennaire

DemonicD13,

although your theory sounds complecated, nevertheless I find it to be more colourful, than materialised from the thin air egg or two-faced Bishop. Yes, intrusion of another space vessel and intentional or contingent infestation of the Sulaco could sort of solve titled problem, but on the other hand it would come into contradiction with Bishop's affirmation that Alien "was all the way with them" (meant, it hitchhiked its way to Fury aboard the EEV as well).

And, I thought you should know that after explosion on LV 426, there was left a big, 30 km-radius pit at the place where Hadley's Hope existed before... And there was gone all last local Xenos!

SM

QuoteI've recently come up with a new idea. This idea was spawned from what little we have learned about Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens: Infestation. The makers of A:CM are saying that they are intending to answer some of the series' questions; hopefully the magic egg is one of them.

The story they've come up with isn't terribly coherent.  I wouldn't hold my breath they had any solid answers.

DemonicD13

I know some of the stuff we've seen has raised some questions. But, I still am holding out some hope. If done right it could be satisfying. I think 2012 will be a big year for Alien fans.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Nov 02, 2011, 11:04:28 PM
QuoteI've recently come up with a new idea. This idea was spawned from what little we have learned about Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens: Infestation. The makers of A:CM are saying that they are intending to answer some of the series' questions; hopefully the magic egg is one of them.

The story they've come up with isn't terribly coherent.  I wouldn't hold my breath they had any solid answers.
It's not even like it's difficult to answer. You're scouting the Sulaco, you get to the hangar bay, you find an egg inside the dropship's landing gear. Problem solved. :)

SiL

... and then pick the egg up and glue it to the ceiling of a nearby corridor? ???

Then again I guess a game that's asking us to believe the colony withstood a ten megaton blast a few kilometres (only half a kilometer in the script, but whatever) away isn't afraid to assume its audience will gladly eat retarded ideas for breakfast.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2011, 11:42:48 AM
... and then pick the egg up and glue it to the ceiling of a nearby corridor? ???
I'm just taking the route the blu-ray menu does, that the egg was actually in the landing gear (which makes sense), but what we see in the movie (which doesn't make sense) may not be meant to be taken literally.

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 03, 2011, 03:59:11 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2011, 11:42:48 AM
I'm just taking the route the blu-ray menu does, that the egg was actually in the landing gear (which makes sense), but what we see in the movie (which doesn't make sense) may not be meant to be taken literally.
The only thing that would make sense is, if the egg we see in the movie was a different egg.

RabidNinja

Ok according to people watching the blu-ray anthology of alien 3, apparently the menu clearly shows that the queen put the eggs in the landing gear. now i dont know, let alone believe that the queen put them their, but i think it was lazily chosen on the directors part. They state she put 2 eggs on the landing gear of the dropship, so unless they were on her back or they were sneakily snuck up her snatch, its the only logical place an alien would of been placed.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=35629.0 (For reinforcement of the Blu-Ray menu)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed