Alien Resurrection- Why or why not?

Started by Redfield, Jan 15, 2007, 04:39:49 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection- Why or why not? (Read 63,600 times)

p1nk81cd

Not even the Newborn's birth and its death?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 25, 2014, 01:07:43 PMNot even the Newborn's birth and its death?

They stood out for all the wrong reasons :)

p1nk81cd

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2014, 01:18:22 PM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 25, 2014, 01:07:43 PMNot even the Newborn's birth and its death?

They stood out for all the wrong reasons :)

It should've been introduced earlier- but I guess they wanted to drop a bombshell you didn't see coming. By the time it appears your outta steam. But really, fifteen, twenty minutes to showcase this beast? That's just cruel.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Sep 25, 2014, 01:49:25 PMIt should've been introduced earlier- but I guess they wanted to drop a bombshell you didn't see coming. By the time it appears your outta steam. But really, fifteen, twenty minutes to showcase this beast? That's just cruel.

I actually don't mind the creature itself, unlike many others - it's undeniably a brilliant piece of special effects work, and its design fits with the tone of the film (i.e. daft and completely inappropriate for an Alien movie).

As for its death, getting sucked piecemeal out into space is a great idea, but it's done so overly gratuitously in Resurrection that it just becomes repulsive and mean-spirited rather than shocking.

p1nk81cd

It is undeniably mean what she does it. Abomination or not, no one deserves that kind of cruelty. The Newborn's the main reason why I love the film. It's possibly my favourite iteration the Alien- just an inkling ahead of Kane's Son and the Runner.

Am I the only nutter that wanted a happy ending with it being hugged by its mother, as the sun sets in decimated Paris?  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed