Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 269,918 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 29, 2014, 07:31:49 PM
I'll post a live stream link if I can find one.

Ooooooh boy.

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 29, 2014, 07:14:48 PM
Except they are ignoring AVP & AVP:R.
And likely the rest of the dumb shit.

Very blunt, aren't we?

I liked the movies, and the elements which they introduced into the EU. So I guess this means by extension, Concrete Jungle, AvP3, Thrill of the Hunt and Civilized Beast are pretty much ignored unless stated otherwise, which is also sad because I liked those games and comics too. Damn shame, if you ask me.

I wonder if the decision to ignore the AvP films was either a personal decision by the writers or mandated by Fox.

MisterBerserker

So far I'm not liking the art style.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: MisterBerserker on Mar 29, 2014, 08:52:20 PM

Why is that?

Ultramorph

I think the event will be live streamed here at roughly 7PM EST:

http://flipon.tv/event/emerald-city-comicon-2014/530793c341bf2/

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 29, 2014, 10:18:13 PM
I think the event will be live streamed here at roughly 7PM EST:

http://flipon.tv/event/emerald-city-comicon-2014/530793c341bf2/

So to chat, you have to have an account if you want to ask questions or something? Damn.

Ultramorph

Looks like it.  :(

RakaiThwei

Time listing says it'll be an hour's discussion. So yeah.. I'll be watching.

Ultramorph

Me too. They can't just put generalities out there for that long, they'll have to divulge some real info.  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

I just want to know if they'll be writing the traditional Predators as using the hell-hounds or not. The make or break deal for me is how much of PREDATORS influence they'll be putting in. I mean.. it's frustrating enough that they're not counting the AvPs and possibly the associated stories that used elements from those movies and are shoe-horning this into the old EU but I want to know where this could go.

acrediblesource

The predator is in there, why it looks oddly out of place, i don't know.
Word bubble on him  would suffice saying "they don't see me!! yes! I'm not the feared predator they all think I am! For I am Artistic, and need lessons on drawing arms!"

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 29, 2014, 09:07:44 PM
Quote from: MisterBerserker on Mar 29, 2014, 08:52:20 PM

Why is that?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Characters on the two Aliens covers are in fact different characters and the new cover was originally for issue #2.

There will be figures based on the comics, at least Predator.

Predator's name is Ahab. Galgo is the guy next to him on the mural. NONE of Roberson's characters are in the mural.

Possible similarities between the Predator series and Batman vs Predator 3. Anyone who has read it want to give me a rundown?

Roberson's characters are described as castaways; Lord of the Flies allusion. "Main guy" won't make it into other books.

Aliens #1 comes out two weeks after Prometheus #1.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 29, 2014, 11:16:48 PM
Possible similarities between the Predator series and Batman vs Predator 3. Anyone who has read it want to give me a rundown?

I only have one issue.. So... but the basic premise was a father and son Predator hunting in Gotham, and they go after Batman and Robin.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 29, 2014, 11:24:00 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 29, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

I only have one issue.. So... but the basic premise was a father and son Predator hunting in Gotham, and they go after Batman and Robin.

I'm calling that the Predator and Galgo team up.

Elden is a "lower model" artificial construct. Frankenstein story, creator and child for Elden and Francis.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 29, 2014, 11:26:00 PM
I'm calling that the Predator and Galgo team up.

You've been spot on with a lot of stuff so.. No reason to rule that out.

Ultramorph

Most of the stories take place on a series of spaceships.

Tradition of female lead is in play. Lots of clapping for Ripley. An Angela character will be a "tremendous force" in the story. She is leading the expedition that starts the story off, and she is gravely flawed. Is this the nail in the coffin of the Amanda Ripley theory?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed