Liam O’Donnell’s Unfilmed Alien vs. Predator 3 Treatment

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 06, 2023, 05:28:29 PM

Author
Liam O’Donnell’s Unfilmed Alien vs. Predator 3 Treatment (Read 5,555 times)

Corporal Hicks

During the run up to the release of Aliens vs. Predator Requiem, directors Colin and Greg Strause spoke several times about their desires to return to helm a third Aliens vs. Predator film. This would not come to be, and a third Aliens vs. Predator film doesn't seem likely to happen anytime soon. But being the fans we are, when we had the chance to speak to director and writer Liam O'Donnell who worked closely with the Brothers Strause during the production of AvP Requiem, we had to ask him about what work the Brothers did on a potential third film. 

Throughout their interviews a constant was the Brothers' desire to take the film further into the future, and hopefully into space, something which the tighter budgets had made impossible for the first two AvP films.  

The Brothers had been thinking about a story revolving around a Special Ops team armed with Predator based weaponry going to the Predator homeworld or a Predator colony to take the fight to the extra-terrestrial hunters. While story concepts and ideas were thrown around, according to Liam no treatment or script was ever completed for the Brother's vision for a third film. 

Liam O'Donnell is a name that will now be recognizable as the shepherd of the Skyline franchise, having written Skyline, and written and directed the far better received sequels Beyond Skyline and Skylines, with a fourth film, Skyline Radial, recently announced.  

Though credited as a visual effects creative consultant for Requiem, O'Donnell did a lot of uncredited creative work with the Brother's to help get them the directorial job. Make sure you listen to our podcast with Liam to find out more about his work on the film. 

While working on AvP Requiem in 2007, O'Donnell had actually written a treatment for a potential Alien vs. Predator 3. This was a rough first draft of the treatment, that saw little polish and went no further, but as always, I'm intrigued by the possibilities of the road-not-taken when it comes to the Alien and Predator films we never saw so I've been eager to explore what this potential third Alien vs. Predator could have been like. 

Liam O'Donnell's Unfilmed Alien vs. Predator 3 Treatment

Declan Loftus visualizes the tree-top battle in this amazing artwork commissioned exclusively for Alien vs. Predator Galaxy!

Click here to continue reading!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Darkness

I do hope they give AvP another try in the future. So many different stories they could do.

I feel like I did read this script but I'm not sure if I want a new AvP film set in Africa.

Mala'kak

These movies have potential but you just need the right man for the job.

I quite enjoyed the first one but there's bits they could have improved on.

If this one gets the green light i'm up for it!

Marauder

The visual of an Alien and Predator trapped in a net together is pretty cool.

Some Old Dude

I remember Liam as CromStrongOnHisMountain back in the day. We used to give each other shit nonstop in a good way. Always gave me a laugh when he was online.

SiL

CromStrongOnHisMountain was shit stirrer supreme.

I actually apologised for him for my behaviour during the lead up to the film and he basically said "No we got that you were a fan with opinions and were generally good about it", which was nice.

RakaiThwei

I would've preferred to have this treatment turned to a film than anything we got in the last thirteen years.

littlesprout

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 15, 2023, 05:06:55 AMI would've preferred to have this treatment turned to a film than anything we got in the last thirteen years.

Until they actually made it and then you would have wanted everything we've gotten in the last 13 years opposed to this film

Year0

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 07, 2023, 03:19:12 PMI do hope they give AvP another try in the future. So many different stories they could do.
Very true and I hope so too but the only attempts have been so bad. They need people who know what they're doing and have more vision than just mindless violence (which is good too, but still).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed