NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,289 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

What stands would you guys recommend for these NECA figures? I always just had them standing on a shelve, intend to display them in a glass case in my new house.

Master

Master

Detolf from Ikea is a good display for reasonable price.

g2vd

g2vd

I do wish I had been able to grab the Blue Warrior figure before it went too far up in price, as I just love the look of the thing absolutely spot on to the suit.

Vark_

Vark_

Recieved my A3 bald Ripley, the likeness is allright and the gear she's wearing is really well done, but when I wanted to display her without the jacket I realized I couldn't : mine had 2 left naked arms... Quality control again, NECA  :-\.

Quote from: Master on Aug 17, 2016, 11:25:50 AM
Agreed, and some plexiglass stands (see below) to pile them more efficientely on each level.

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Quote from: Prez on Aug 17, 2016, 01:13:17 AM

I'd love to get the Ripley figure from Aliens but that is so hard to find and on ebay it's going for some high prices. Might have to settle for the Alien Ripley figure.

You might be in luck. BBTS just put a Ripley and Newt two pack up for preorder. Be a good chance to get both. I already have that Ripley and if that's the only way to get Newt now it pretty much killed my interest in her, didn't really want her to begin with.

T Dog

T Dog

I got my Alien 3 set today in Forbidden planet. I stood there for about 40 minutes feeling like a crazy person trying to find the best paint job on the Ripley faces. Some of them were really bad and looked completely wrong and then I narrowed it down to about 3. I'm very happy with the one I picked in the end, it looks the most like Sigourney but jesus it took me a while to get there (I am a pedantic prick though).

I wasn't actually gonna get the A3 Ripley but after seeing it in person I just had to. The commando looks great too.

Went for the grey Dog Alien because I already have a bootleg of the Dog in brown (which isn't greatly painted). I love the look of the brown as it is the look of the Alien in the movie but I think the grey really brings out the details nicely!

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Vark_ on Aug 17, 2016, 06:15:35 PM
Recieved my A3 bald Ripley, the likeness is allright and the gear she's wearing is really well done, but when I wanted to display her without the jacket I realized I couldn't : mine had 2 left naked arms... Quality control again, NECA  :-\.

Agreed, and some plexiglass stands (see below) to pile them more efficientely on each level.
http://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/products/Acrylic_Risers-l.jpg
Got two detolfs in the house, its the lack of solid floor (all wood and wonky) that I'm worried of. So I need to fixate the figures and I need some advice in stands to peg them on :)

Master

Master

Neca did released dedicated stands with peg.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: sir_bobos on Aug 17, 2016, 06:26:56 PM
Quote from: Prez on Aug 17, 2016, 01:13:17 AM

I'd love to get the Ripley figure from Aliens but that is so hard to find and on ebay it's going for some high prices. Might have to settle for the Alien Ripley figure.

You might be in luck. BBTS just put a Ripley and Newt two pack up for preorder. Be a good chance to get both. I already have that Ripley and if that's the only way to get Newt now it pretty much killed my interest in her, didn't really want her to begin with.

I saw that last night on my news feed and nearly had a heart attack of pure elation :-)

FriendlyPiranha

FriendlyPiranha

I want to ask those people who bought the series 8 brown dog alien, is your figure still having that shinny coat applied? 'Cause mine is kinda matte. I couldn't find any review with this newer version so that I can compare it with. Also the brown tone isn't so orangey anymore, but a darker shade. Dunno, I'm a little pissed to be honest, after I had to replace Ripley already.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: FriendlyPiranha on Aug 20, 2016, 10:07:19 AM
I want to ask those people who bought the series 8 brown dog alien, is your figure still having that shinny coat applied? 'Cause mine is kinda matte. I couldn't find any review with this newer version so that I can compare it with. Also the brown tone isn't so orangey anymore, but a darker shade. Dunno, I'm a little pissed to be honest, after I had to replace Ripley already.
The brown dogs I saw in the shop had the shiney coat applied and were dark brown. I can't compare to the older version though because I seem to have a bootleg which is a bit lighter in colour.

Otter

Otter

Excited for the "Rescuing Newt" 2-pack.

Figure on getting two, one to display in-box, and the other to display Ripley with in the Power Loader (and the queen), and Newt with the already released Ripley and some eggs.

I hope this Ripley doesn't have flaky paint under her arms.  Anyone else have that problem?  (With the figure... not your arms.)

g2vd

g2vd

I'm still surprised Neca hasn't done this yet.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: g2vd on Aug 22, 2016, 10:46:23 AM
I'm still surprised Neca hasn't done this yet.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/11064859_861501840563923_8128088989394449130_n.jpg
F me this actually gave me a scare. Class 10 creeper. One of the best Alien pics I've ever seen.

Whiskeybrewer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed