DVDTalk Reviews Unrated AvPR DVD

Started by Darkness, Mar 14, 2008, 01:31:00 PM

Author
DVDTalk Reviews Unrated AvPR DVD (Read 16,405 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The first review of AvP Requiem DVD can be found over on DVDTalk. They reviewed the R1 Unrated edition. They’re generally negative about the movie of course and that the Unrated cut doesn’t really add anything interesting.

“Fox presents Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem in its unrated format on DVD. While some of you out there might be imagining globs of gore footage reinstated back into the film, the bulk of the footage is minor character development bits that don’t do much to flesh out the story and simply make a bad movie a longer, bad movie. That said, the scene with the hunter and his son in the forest is slightly harder now and the scene where the Colorado National Guard shows up to eliminate the alien menace is noticeably bloodier. The majority of the reinstated bits are conversational snippets and little talky pieces, though there is an interesting added bit early on where a Predator finds a downed ship containing one of his deceased brethren.”

They also looked at the commentaries and featurettes in detail. Thanks to Yellow Alien for the news.

ArielAleXCo

hum...    :)  

rchin1

rchin1

I don't care I'm still buying the dvd  who gives a shit what the f**k they talk about  They just don't know what a good movie is       :)     :)     :)     :)  

XenoVC

XenoVC

Sorry,Richin,This is a Horrible Movie,But I still Find I

XenoVC

XenoVC

Sorry richin,But this is a Horrible Movie,But I still Find it Enjoyable In some way     >:D  

scott

scott

damn im looking forward to this i loved the film in the cinema and im looking forward to the deleted extras   ;D      ;)     :)     :)  

Starkiller

Im looking forward to the DVD however, I do wish there was going to be alot more footage, including more  character devolpment, longer fight sequences, longer intro on the predator mothership aswell as a longer battle between the wolf and chet, never the less, im still going to purchase the DVD    :)   cant wait for AVP3

frenchpred

;D  Excellent !

theclash

theclash

Why would anyone want a longer version of this POS?

YutaniDitch

'Still...collating' on that one, the clash... still collating...   ;D     ;)  

DarthJanus

The movie obviously couldn't be all that bad if it made 125 million.  It cost 40 million to make.  It made 85 million above cost, so i'd call it a success.   also the movie was a very fast paced,everything seemed to zip by so a lot of the negative comments came in here IMO.  I liked it and really could care less what at home critics say about it was it fabulous, NO. Was it good, yes.  Besides when did a fan have to bow to the wishes of others.  I look forward to the DVD and AVP 3 as well.

Rikom

Rikom

Well for me The avp franchise died with avp-r it was totally bad for me.

theclash

theclash

120 million worldwide?  Armageddon made 200 million in the US alone.  I guess that means Armageddon is a masterpiece.  AvPR is still the lowest grossing film in either franchise BTW, except for Predator 2.

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

Longer National Guard scene? Hell yeah Im buying this shit!   8)  

Sheriff Eddie Morales

rchin1 i am agree with ya and i am also buying the DVD and i too don't care what they said about AvP R. i know only 1 thing: the movie was great and it will remain like that in my heart 4 ever.  including the ultimate badass predator - Wolf    :)     ;)      :)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed