David Woodruff Talks Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2015, 10:33:17 PM

Author
David Woodruff Talks Alien 5 (Read 44,816 times)

ATL(l)ENS

ATL(l)ENS

If Arnold comes back to the AVP franchise it would be cool to base it off the AVP arcade game. I for one couldnt wait to see earth as it is portrayed in the graphic novels and such (avp war, aliens genocide etc)....consider this. what is aliens without ripley? what is predator without arnold and danny?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why are the directors such poopy heads then?\\

And when are we gonna see Dredd 2?

Nightmare Asylum

To be fair, the design in Res makes sense given the direction the story went in. The Res design makes much less sense when it is simply recolored for AVP.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm not surprise Fox does not want to do another AVP movie when the second movie left a bad taste in people's mouth. I don't think we will see one until the next decade.

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be content never getting another one. Just let the two series be their own thing.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

No, there needs to be another AVP movie and that one needs to show the aliens taking over the predator home world.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Fox is probably waiting enough time has pass for people to forget about the AVP films. It won't surprise me if they choose to reboot the AVP movies again in the next decade.

Vrastal

Vrastal

its been almost 10 years since avpr hasnt it? no thats the original. so probably about 4 years till we see anything on a possible avp reboot

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 15, 2015, 02:43:06 AM
its been almost 10 years since avpr hasnt it? no thats the original. so probably about 4 years till we see anything on a possible avp reboot

A completely baseless assumption. Media is so transitory these days, it doesn't take more than a year or two for studios to make up their mind on where they'll take an IP. Just look at the Spiderman series.

I'm all for Blomkamps take on Alien. Bring Ripley and Hicks back, even.

ADI, they did alright with Alien 3. The core direction in A:R is what resulted in *creatively* poor realisations of the Alien. Having to keep a tight rope on the budget is what resulted in them being recycled in AvP and AvP : R. As others have said I think if they were given a clear and concise direction, they'd bring back the original flavor of the Alien.

Vrastal

Vrastal

ripley and hicks are over done. let them be.

Apollo

Apollo

I really hope they focus on script and story telling rather than cramming special effects in it like AvP(R), AvP and Alien Resurrection. All in all, I am hoping for a really out-of-site sequel :)

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 15, 2015, 09:12:49 AM

You'll still have Alien 3.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 15, 2015, 09:12:49 AM

I'll be happy with having them brought back, or doing an all new group of characters, as long as it is well done. I trust that Blomkamp could pull off bringing those characters back if that was the direction Fox chose to go.

iiiumfiii

iiiumfiii

so many marvel films based on the comics ...how about avp films based on comics what you folks think

iiiumfiii

iiiumfiii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6te3SBzDiUk

how about making that eyeball burned with acid solid black? would be more creepy right? a cyber organic eye...."look into my eye" -APONE-

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed