Break the Code! (PS New Production Still)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2016, 08:04:57 PM

Author
Break the Code! (PS New Production Still) (Read 29,048 times)

426Buddy

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 19, 2016, 09:01:35 PM
Black Alien Down...MURICA...that's the feeling I'm getting now and I'm not liking it :'(

Really?

from 1 picture?

This forum has lost its mind.

nachoninja

It may not bother most people but it definitely bothers a lot of people and like I said, reeks of laziness and disregard for details. Doesn't matter if the filmamaker thinks most people won't care, they should be going out of their way to get the details right and make sure something simple like that doesn't act as a reason to take someone out of the story and start focusing on screw ups

Of course the Pulse Rifle was a shell around a Thompson and an 870 shotgun but it was done up to look like something not of the current day, that's all people like me ask. A little imagination and attention to detail.

lv_226

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 19, 2016, 09:12:16 PM
Black Alien Down...MURICA...that's the feeling I'm getting now and I'm not liking it :'(

Really?

from 1 picture?

LOL I think some moderation would be appreciated.

Predatorium

Quote from: nachoninja on Dec 19, 2016, 09:12:25 PM
It may not bother most people but it definitely bothers a lot of people and like I said, reeks of laziness and disregard for details. Doesn't matter if the filmamaker thinks most people won't care, they should be going out of their way to get the details right and make sure something simple like that doesn't act as a reason to take someone out of the story and start focusing on screw ups

Of course the Pulse Rifle was a shell around a Thompson and an 870 shotgun but it was done up to look like something not of the current day, that's all people like me ask. A little imagination and attention to detail.

^This, exactly this. The picture shows a lack of passion for the craft.

Symon

Symon

Is just the security from the Covenant, people need relax, Alien 2 are many years after that, there's weapons from decades that we still use today.

SM

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 19, 2016, 09:00:43 PM
Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2016, 08:58:13 PM
Weren't the Sulaco weapon racks stocked up with contemporary weaponry?

I pretty sure that next to all the pulse rifles there was a rack of some type of Assult rifle which existed at the time of filming.

Along with the use of existing pistols and the shot gun. I think this is ok

Yeah I don't see it as a big deal.

Resurrection had a home shopping channel that sold old-style weapons.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 19, 2016, 09:12:16 PM

Really?

from 1 picture?

Hear, hear. People promulgate the wildest ideas and theories on the basis of often times nothing.

"Fox is releasing a trailer that's two minutes and seven seconds long? Seven is an odd number! Why not an even number? Is the movie not good enough?!!oneone AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!"

Russ840

We know nothing about the weapons though. Could use pulse firing and sound like pulse rifles an have tracking sights that high light enemies. Point being. We should wait before we condem it and say people lack passion for their craft.

I wonder if the have some 'Sharp sticks' ?

ebbhead40

..and all in silhouette! They hopefully have added odds and sods we can't see in pic, to "future" them up a bit. Not too much obviously, because then others will go mental saying the tech is "too advanced". I assume people don't want lasers and shit whizzing about! I certainly don't! No laser blasters, wormholes, teleporters or bloody cloning!!

SiL

They had lasers in Alien.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2016, 09:18:06 PM
Resurrection had a home shopping channel that sold old-style weapons.

:laugh: You're not helping SM.

426Buddy

Quote from: SiL on Dec 19, 2016, 09:31:01 PM
They had lasers in Alien.

Kinda,  we never got to see this puppy in action!

Spoiler
[close]

ebbhead40

I think it would have taken the edge off for me.. watching Dallas blasting fluorescent green shit down the air ducts!

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Wow, people getting all upset over guns. Yeeeeesh, its like such a minor detail that the vast majority of the folks who see this film know ANYTHING about.

Its like people getting butthurt over a Fast and the Furious film using Volk CE28Ns wheels on a 370z instead of Volk CE28NRs... In the end, outside of major car and wheel nuts like myself, no one notices or cares. Folks are going to see Alien: Covenant for all of its awesomness, not the guns the marines/security forces are using.

In the end, we just wanna see the guys carrying the guns lighting em up and mowing down xenomorphs ;)

ebbhead40

f**kin' A!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed